Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Some examples of our new original portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    No, campaign map only.
    So what will siege maps look like? Of course it's impossible to make the siege maps as accurate as your models, but personally I'd rather play a mod were its creators spend all their time in perhaps coming up with some new siege maps and leaving the vanilla models on campaign map, and not vise versa.

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    So what will siege maps look like? Of course it's impossible to make the siege maps as accurate as your models, but personally I'd rather play a mod were its creators spend all their time in perhaps coming up with some new siege maps and leaving the vanilla models on campaign map, and not vise versa.
    Like those of most other mods. I can see where you are coming from, but creating custom battle map settlements is something extremely difficult and none of our members know how to do it. In fact the only mod I know of tha does it are the 3rd age total war team.
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    Great idea! If you learn how to properly make custom battle maps (or as you call them "siege maps") and volunteer to spend all your time in making them for Tsardoms, I am absolutely sure we will welcome you in our team with open arms!
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Its not a dilema whether we are spending time making strat map models or campaign map models, the two are uncomparable. It's a false dichotomy.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

battle map settlements (customized) are probably the most wanted goal of all the mods in this forum

When will this mod officially released ?

I'm very interested in this mod

this is the most awesome mod that I've ever seen

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thank you for your kind words. But unfortunately modding is a hobby so we have no such things as release dates or times or anything like that. We have no idea when it will be released. It depends on how busy our team is with real life.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Okey dokey, been doing a lot of reading over the past few days concerning the Crimean Goths and I have learned some interesting stuff. To begin with, I am unconvinced that there were Germanic speaking Goths living in Crimea during the Tsardoms timeframe. There was most certainly a group of Ostrogoths that remained behind in Crimea when Theodoric took the bulk of his people into Italy but they seemed to have become quickly Hellenized (by Justinian's reign) and subsequently somewhat Tatarized during the late Middle Ages. There are plenty of references to "Gothia" throughout the Middle Ages from local Genoese, Tatar, and Roman sources but the references appear to point more to a geopolitical entity rather than an ethnic one. (similar example: the referencing of the Greek-speaking Byzantine empire as "Rhomania" even though the empire had ceased speaking Latin and lost control of Rome/Italy centuries prior). The name itself seems to have survived due to it being the title of the local Orthodox Metropolitanate, which had been established centuries prior.

There are indeed scattered references of Western Europeans visiting the region and writing about local Germanic speakers, but it must be taken with skepticism. There seem to have been fanciful legends in medieval Western Europe regarding the survival of a Gothic state somewhere in the East, in the same light one would approach legends of Prester John. As a result, Western travelers to the Tatar Court or to Constantinople often made references to rumors of Germanic speakers living in nearby "Gothia" even if they did not visit Crimea personally. For example, Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq did compile a small Crimean Gothic dictionary but he had never visited Crimea himself. His sources were two people in 16th century Constantinople who were native Greek speakers but had knowledge of a Germanic language. Vasiliev argued that his sources may have very likely been Jews. I am left with the impression that the Western travelers often grasped at the proverbial straws in order to 'highlight' any rumors of the legendary Goths in order to stoke the curiosity of their audiences.

As a result, it would seem to me that yes there was a medieval state named Gothia and its inhabitants could be named as "Goths" (they may have also very well been descendants of the original Ostrogoths) but there are no direct Roman, Genoese, or Tatar sources for the survival of a Germanic speaking ethnic group in late medieval Crimea. It is certain, however, that the inhabitants were Greek/Tatar speaking and had been culturally assimilated into both groups. With that in mind, I see little to no reason to include a Crimean Gothic ethnic unit in Tsardoms.
    The chance that the Goths still spoke a Germanic langauge in the 14th century can be estimated to be around 0,000001%. The other Germanics who settled within the borders of the Roman empire were linguistically assimilated within a few decades after all. What is possible however is that they spoke an own dialect.
    I need to correct myself. By accident, I have found a very short German paper about the history of the Crimean Goths (See HERE).
    The Gothic language survived not only Antiquity, but even the Middle Ages. At first, here two explicit examples from the Middle Ages:

1) In 1253, Wilhelm von Rosbroek, who was on his way to the Mongol Khanate, mentions Goths who speak a language called "Teutonicum".
    2) 200 years later, the Venetian Iosafat Barbaro claims that his German servant was able to communicate with the Goths.

However, the Goths were very likely multilingual. Their relations to the Byzantine Empire always had been close, therefore they also made massive use of Greek. After the Middle Ages Greek was slowly replaced by Turkic. Postdating the fall of Theoro, Ogier Ghislain de Busbecq claims to have met a Gothic-speaker in Constantinople and recorded around 100 words, some of them bearing great resemblance to high German. The last source claiming that Goths spoke a German language was a report of the bishop Siestrzencewicz in 1780. He also mentions that they were Muslims and "Tartarized". Therefore, the Goths have become a part of the Crimean Turks.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; April 17, 2017 at 08:40 AM.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's been very quiet here lately so i'm posting some screenies. Enjoy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by jurcek1987; April 27, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

Wooow awesome images and units models jurcek! Are yours!? You could borrow some of them for high and late campaign era for sship mod haha, they are very impressive mate
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

You actually intend to "kill" us jurcek, wright!? Super cool ... stunning ... astonishing ... My heart can bear this, too much units ...
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Wooow awesome images and units models jurcek! Are yours!? You could borrow some of them for high and late campaign era for sship mod haha, they are very impressive mate
    Many people were involved including myself. The list of credits is as long as river Thames . I'm sure SSHIP can use our models since they kindly allowed us to use their stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Svir@c View Post
    You actually intend to "kill" us jurcek, wright!? Super cool ... stunning ... astonishing ... My heart can bear this, too much units ...
    Well I was making screenshots for unit info screens so I thought I might as well show you some. Thanks for the kind words fellas

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I like the combosite bow model!
    And the arrows!
    I can see that someone have read my tutorial of how to make bow string models, well!
    Even the crossbow animation looks close to our earlier version of ours!

A tip of advice.
    Make the chivalric knight horses low frontal armor shorter. That way it will be more accurate and wont clip with horses legs. Metal was not flexible.
    Also where are the eye wholes of the horse head gear go to skin alpha chanel and paint those wholes black to become transparent.
    Eye whoiles were created by this technic in th efollowing pictures:

Both in human and horse head gears:

Congarts to all!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 27, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks for the kind words

Crossbow and shortbow models and their animations are taken from Sandy's Western Overhaul while the composite bow models are from M&B which I merged with rigged bows from Anatolian Principalities. Thanks for the tip about the horses, I agree that the legs going through the armour and the eyes look weird, will try and correct those. Though I'll probably make a hole in the barding for the eyes rather than using transparency because the latter leaves those ugly black marks

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Fantastic screenshots jurcek! For everyone looking at these pictures 90% of these units are either new or redone units. You will see new units for Turks, for Wallachia/Moldova, for Bulgaria, Serbia, Ragusa. You will notice a few new unit concepts like the Petardiers grenade throwers and also Spearmen that are also javelin throwers.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I wondered what some of those new ones were!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk