Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

not possible to add it easily, since the plume doesn't attach here at all for the Austrian bearskin.

Oh sorry. I dont realize that it is a technical problem.

I remember that L'Agile has done it before since the Bart07 unit mod. He placed the plume in the exact place on the Austrian bearskin.

Patrician Artifex

L'Aigle didn't make Austrian units. I'll check where the plumes are, maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I just extract the Bart07 unit data and I found that the Sprig plumes on my picture are different from the basic sprig plumes on the infantry shako. Their mesh is: VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Plumes/Spriggrenadiers/mesh, while the mesh of the basic sprig plume is: VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Plumes/Sprig/mesh.

Patrician Artifex

ok, he probably made new meshes then. I'll see if I can do the same

I can sent you that mesh to save time

Another trouble is that when I tried to add the yellow cockade under the sprig plumes, it automatically double the cockade on both sides of the bearskin. Could you solve it probably or it is a kind of technical limited?

Patrician Artifex

how do you have the cockade?

I just copied one from NM texture mod, but the cockade seems was unsuitable with the bearskin cap and my skill also is garbage too. :V

Patrician Artifex

The Austria bearskin is a "mirrored" hat, like too many others. The texture is only one side, and then it is mirrored to do the other side. So if you add a cockade on one side, you'll see it on both side.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Good to see progress!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Patrician Artifex

The results of the modding awards polls are now available. Thanks to all of you who voted to support Masters of Europe.
    For NTW:
    - Favourite modder: Steph
    - Favourite major mod: Masters of Europe
    - Favourite unit packs: Masters of Europe get 1st, 2nd and 3rd(tie)!

Congratulations! The awards are well deserved, Steph!

Your dedication to MoE is admirable!
    Last edited by HighOnTea; May 31, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnTea View Post
    Congratulations! The awards are well deserved, Steph!

Your dedication to MoE is admirable!
    Seconded!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Yes Congratulations Steph ! And many more in the future.

Hi Step...very great congratulations.....!...fot your dedication and for your great "Napoleonic heart" in your long and innumerable hours of job about your wonderful mod. A hug SIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    The results of the modding awards polls are now available. Thanks to all of you who voted to support Masters of Europe.
    For NTW:
    - Favourite modder: Steph
    - Favourite major mod: Masters of Europe
    - Favourite unit packs: Masters of Europe get 1st, 2nd and 3rd(tie)!
    Congratulations!Can you release the new update this weekend?

Patrician Artifex

If I can understand the bug with Paris recruitment and correct it.

Patrician Artifex

I've just release an update with the correction for the buildings, and some changes in the music.

I tried to have the musics faction specific in pre battle, during battle, and post battle, but NTW refuses to take the subculture into account, while it works for the city ambient sounds. I don't know if it is an engine limitation, a bug in Symphony... But the conclusion is: no faction specific musics in battles. Just generic musics.

I now have a question about sound effects. I used in the MoE_Audio some sounds sent by l'Aigle years ago, but I'm not so happy with it.

So: what sound effects for musket/ drums/etc should I use?

I'm considering switching to Sirlion's battle chaos
    Last edited by Steph; June 05, 2017 at 03:38 AM.