Page 361 of 361 FirstFirst ... 261311336351352353354355356357358359360361
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 7210

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    From my point of view, you're generally right.
    1- It would indeed be more logical for levy units to be less competent than militia units (which are better trained). So reversing the names would be consistent.
    Spear militia=Spear levy
    Urban spear militia=Spear militia

2- There are indeed 2 types of professional spearmen: in the game, “spearmen” or “sergeant spearmen”, should we keep only one? I'm not sure.

3- There's a slight visual difference between “levy crossbowmen” and “crossbow militia”. Basically, militias are a little better equipped. We'd have to check that the latter unit is indeed a little more competent than the levy unit. Then, with armor upgrades, the 2 do indeed become more professional - at least visually - and that's how I see it for now.

In my opinion, unless you're going to rework the whole thing - which takes time and isn't my priority - I think you need to make some slight changes for the time being (names, possibly stats...) without touching the units themselves.
    1. Yes friend i want change some names and modify some stats as morale and attributes , the rest for now, i am going to stay similar ( attack, defense, costs...)
    Spear militia--- Levy spearmen ( similar as other levies)
    Urban spear militia--- For now the same name, I want there to continue to be a difference with the urban militias compared to the rest of the militias (And for the Italians to differentiate themselves from the rest)

2. Yes, cause we have 2 similar professional spearmen, they should be sergeants or another options:
    - Reunify the 2 units into one, calling them Spearmen Sergeants and taking advantage of their visual differences in the same unit- modify the "spearmen" as Spearmen militia and lower their stats a little. (This is more complicated because it would change your costs, your recruitment time, your availability in cities...)
    - Make 2 types of sergeant units: "spearmen"--- spearmen sergeants
    "sergeants spearmen"--- "Armoured/Heavy sergeants" simulating that the latter is an improved version of the sergeants with more armor and better trained.

3.Ok i agree, but i dont know when crossbow militia is available... I will have that see in EBD
    Currently I want to give more importance to the attributes to make the units more unique and take advantage of these lost stats... in addition to modifying the morale, so that it is noticeable when a unit is professional or elite and when they are levies and militias...
    In addition to trying to make units more valuable due to their recruitment, for example your Varangian Guard is very powerful (as it really was) but you have a hard time recruiting it and you have to value it more.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    1. Yes friend i want change some names and modify some stats as morale and attributes , the rest for now, i am going to stay similar ( attack, defense, costs...)
    Spear militia--- Levy spearmen ( similar as other levies)
    Urban spear militia--- For now the same name, I want there to continue to be a difference with the urban militias compared to the rest of the militias (And for the Italians to differentiate themselves from the rest)

2. Yes, cause we have 2 similar professional spearmen, they should be sergeants or another options:
    - Reunify the 2 units into one, calling them Spearmen Sergeants and taking advantage of their visual differences in the same unit- modify the "spearmen" as Spearmen militia and lower their stats a little. (This is more complicated because it would change your costs, your recruitment time, your availability in cities...)
    - Make 2 types of sergeant units: "spearmen"--- spearmen sergeants
    "sergeants spearmen"--- "Armoured/Heavy sergeants" simulating that the latter is an improved version of the sergeants with more armor and better trained.

3.Ok i agree, but i dont know when crossbow militia is available... I will have that see in EBD
    Currently I want to give more importance to the attributes to make the units more unique and take advantage of these lost stats... in addition to modifying the morale, so that it is noticeable when a unit is professional or elite and when they are levies and militias...
    In addition to trying to make units more valuable due to their recruitment, for example your Varangian Guard is very powerful (as it really was) but you have a hard time recruiting it and you have to value it more.
    I have realized by investigating the EDU, EDB and EU files that the "crossbowmen militia" unit cannot be obtained in the game, only "levy crossbowmen" and later the "sergeant crossbowmen" that come with a pavé shield.
    As you said, there are small visual differences between the levy crossbowmen (coded as "urban crossbow militia") and the crossbow militia (coded as "crossbow militia"), the latter have a little more armor and helmets but their stats do not correspond to the image visual (less armor and attack than even the levy crossbowmen) so I will modify theirs to be better than the levies and make them consistent and realistic with their visual image. I will also add it to the Italian factions (better militias) and perhaps add it to other European factions but at a more advanced age (when the cities are more developed, that is, at higher levels of the city barrack).

As for the units, I think there is a lot of work to do... Although the truth is Jurand has done a very good job with everything there is, I will try to improve it even more.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

With a good thirty rounds played with the kingdom of jerusalem, I notice :
    1 - No CTD for the moment
    2 - Battle winnings are a real plus for the game!
    3 - The impossibility - due to the total loss of morale - of making a sortie when the opponent is attacking the community is questionable (1).
    4 - Some units seem to disappear from recruitment options for no logical reason.
    5 - In 1150, constructible buildings for religious warrior orders feature the same unit twice: “frères sergents démotés”, and I have yet to recruit either Templar Knights or Hospitaller Knights (2).

(1) The defense advantage is greatly reduced in this version. Once the gate has been destroyed and the attacker is inside, defenders quickly lose morale and are slaughtered as they flee.
    The best option for resistance is to leave most of your army in the center of the community, where the defenders fight to the death. Realistically speaking, this is a bit absurd.
    Either you'd have to restore the possibility of getting out to prevent the ram from smashing through the door (which causes the AI's inability to take back the siege engines under attack).
    Or significantly increase the resistance of the gates to allow the defender to last longer on the walls. What do you think?

(2) correct the text “frères sergents démotés” to “frères sergents démontés”.

I honestly have a love/hate relationship with this mod. It's overall great and easily the flagship of Medieval 2 mods, but I wish it didn't focus so much on Middle East and trying to be a Crusader Kings 2 game. If only more mechanics could be optional - for example the crowns mechanic, which for me is only irritating and arbitrary with its requirements, and I'd like to play on higher difficulties but I don't have the patience to put up with that mechanic. As if a king in real medieval Europe really had to be very pious and to have enough authority and really had to control all of his "de iure" territories... and to have a very specific type of church for said coronation. It feels like half of the mechanics here does not add much of historical authenticity value, but is only making the game more overly complicated and difficult only for the sake of making things overly complicated and difficult. And if only the Seljuks and Abbasids were cut out you could add Milan and Bohemia and more provinces in Europe, and leave Middle East fans to play Broken Crescent or something. Italy especially feels... empty and not fleshed out as it should be.
    Last edited by Gen_Poniatowski; April 29, 2024 at 08:43 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Gen_Poniatowski : The principle of the crown is indeed debatable from a historical point of view, but if you think about it, it would be a bit like a king becoming emperor after having sufficiently expanded his territory and obtained both the authority and the support of the church.
    For the player, this may be a more attainable first goal than winning the campaign, and there's no obligation to pursue it.
    As for the choice of factions, your opinion is entirely subjective. Some would like an even larger map, others would not. As the number of factions is limited by the game engine, I find the choice made by SSHIP's modders to be entirely appropriate, from my point of view of course!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Poniatowski View Post
    I honestly have a love/hate relationship with this mod. It's overall great and easily the flagship of Medieval 2 mods, but I wish it didn't focus so much on Middle East and trying to be a Crusader Kings 2 game. If only more mechanics could be optional - for example the crowns mechanic, which for me is only irritating and arbitrary with its requirements, and I'd like to play on higher difficulties but I don't have the patience to put up with that mechanic. As if a king in real medieval Europe really had to be very pious and to have enough authority and really had to control all of his "de iure" territories... and to have a very specific type of church for said coronation. It feels like half of the mechanics here does not add much of historical authenticity value, but is only making the game more overly complicated and difficult only for the sake of making things overly complicated and difficult. And if only the Seljuks and Abbasids were cut out you could add Milan and Bohemia and more provinces in Europe, and leave Middle East fans to play Broken Crescent or something. Italy especially feels... empty and not fleshed out as it should be.
    On the crowns - I think most of the players of this mod likes it. Making it optional would have required a lot of work.
    On the map - making another map would have meant making another mod. The SSHIP has 199 provinces and they're distributed as they are, there's always a space to make that other mod.

Is this a bug or does england not have access to dismounted feudal knights? I'm on the year of 1258 in the campaign and still don't have them, what gives?

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

hello, I'm doing a hungary campaign( now turn 90). i'm enjoying it very much although it's pretty hard. I have some problems though

Literally all my children in my family tree and their children turned out to be administratively minded. The only military minded one I had was a byzantine general i seduced with a princess to join my faction.
    Also I even had a genius faction leader that had a child with low intelligence.

I thought traits were often hereditary?

yeah military minded seems quite rare. But they arent hereditary, I think there was some theories that you could get better chances for military minded if the father has a lot of command stars, but i dont know if it is true.

how to play with rebels