Thread: Amazon Total War 9.0

Default Amazon Total War 9.0

The Amazon Dev Team has been very busy, both because the end of school year research grant, paper, grading, as well as working on new requirement for the Amazon 9.0

It is voted that, for 9.0, we will migrate to M2TW, a WIP thread has already been set up.

The first release will be like the Amazon 5.0, i.e. to keep the features limited as to keep the quality high.

Falcon Watch as well as Cel, Erika, and Pea have provided great input, so we will try to finalize this in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, if you have other suggestions and recommendation, please feel free to post or PM me.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Default Re: Amazon Total War 9.0

Woohoo! So great to hear the announcement, can't wait to see this first step into the newer engine!

Speaking of school year, gonna have finals in 2 days time which I'm definitely not prepared, so back to
    the study table for me.

Cyu guys in a few weeks, keep up the good work and best of luck!!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I very much like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    a WIP thread has already been set up.
    Where? I looked through the M2 forums and couldn't find one.

It was there, but must be deleted.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I want to apologize for not keeping our fans up to date as much as I would like to in this forum.

Many of you already knew that I am on sick leave due to injury on my right arm, in addition to voice therapy.

Since the dev team decided not to use TWC, I am the only one who can provide update here.

As soon as I can type reasonably well, I will update everyone with some great news about 9.0 release.

I hope you get better soon!. Waiting for some news anxiously.

Thank you for your kind well wish, we are also upgrade our central servers, so everything is slow going right now.

Get well soon!

What historical time period will covered in Amazons 9.0 ? Rise of Rome? Bronze Age, Herakles, and the Trojan War? Vlasta and the Maidens' War in the early Middle Ages?

Thanks for your years of hard work

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsanius View Post
    What historical time period will covered in Amazons 9.0 ? Rise of Rome? Bronze Age, Herakles, and the Trojan War? Vlasta and the Maidens' War in the early Middle Ages?
    Presumably the same one as the mod currently covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsanius View Post
    Get well soon!

Thanks for your years of hard work
    Really appreciate your kind words as well as the patronage.

I still barely able to type, and Pea is upgrading our servers, there are some incompatibility issue she has to sort it out. So we apologize for not able to update everyone as much as we would like to.

For the 9.0, we are planning three different campaigns, similar to the multi-campaign features of 8.0 without the limitation of RTW I game engine:

1. Amazons in 480BC, this would set at the time of Marathon, as well as zenith of the Persian Empire from a global perspective.

Most Amazon factions would be around the Azov Sea, with Themiskyran Amazons at the northern end of the Asia Minor.

2. Amazons in 270BC, same as the current Amazons Total War, but started with Brennus Invasion of Greece

3. Aamzons in M2TW, this is suggested by Falconwatch, which keeps the maps and the other units "as is" with the current M2TW. Side benefit is to keep the download file size small.

The premise of this campaign is that the Amazon society has re-awakened during the middle age.

Not really sure right now what would be the sequence of implementation, but as usual, I am sure the development would be one baby step at a time to keep quality high and bug factor low.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Really appreciate your kind words as well as the patronage.

I still barely able to type, and Pea is upgrading our servers, there are some incompatibility issue she has to sort it out. So we apologize for not able to update everyone as much as we would like to.

For the 9.0, we are planning three different campaigns, similar to the multi-campaign features of 8.0 without the limitation of RTW I game engine:

1. Amazons in 480BC, this would set at the time of Marathon, as well as zenith of the Persian Empire from a global perspective.

Most Amazon factions would be around the Azov Sea, with Themiskyran Amazons at the northern end of the Asia Minor.

2. Amazons in 270BC, same as the current Amazons Total War, but started with Brennus Invasion of Greece

3. Aamzons in M2TW, this is suggested by Falconwatch, which keeps the maps and the other units "as is" with the current M2TW. Side benefit is to keep the download file size small.

The premise of this campaign is that the Amazon society has re-awakened during the middle age.

Not really sure right now what would be the sequence of implementation, but as usual, I am sure the development would be one baby step at a time to keep quality high and bug factor low.

Sounds really cool.

So would the Amazons replace any medieval factions, or would they be added and placed in rebel territory? I think their starting positions, if they are anything like in the current mod are all rebels. Caffa, Tunis, Ryza/Moscow and Trebizond. Do you have any ideas for where you would want the Amazon factions to start from?

Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you get better soon.

Hi, I'm new to the TW forums. I've played the previous versions of the mod on RTW, and I can't wait to play the M2TW version when it's released. Keep up the great work and get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Solous View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the TW forums. I've played the previous versions of the mod on RTW, and I can't wait to play the M2TW version when it's released. Keep up the great work and get well soon.

Thank you for the interest, our new quad-servers should be running by the end of this weekend, and I will hold our first team conference hopefully soon.

Will you be balancing some of the units such as the Mine Belts? I found it nearly impossible to kill them when I was playing.

Sorry to hear you've been ill , your scripting is ingenious and inspirational , your mod is unique and covers a much neglected sphere of history , get well soon and please produce more of this wonderful mod.

I was recently fiddling with my own experiment , and inspired by the above mentioned mine belt I created a unit of stationary invisible elephants , ( inspired by the "entrance" in LOTR ) and gave them each six invisible riders( inspired by Aristea ) who shot javelins with a short range of 20 "paces" just 2 each , this worked well as a stationary caltrop belt , 20 paces distant the enemy notice the caltrops as javelins rain down on them , some fall others falter , because they are facing scary elephants , its like the first wave is stunned and unformed by meeting the caltrops , then they engage the invisible jumbos , with much loss and routing the enemy overrun the unit thus trampling or dismantling the caltrops . Everything works well , you just have to position them at the start of deployment as they cant move .

Another use for invisible stationary elephants is to base a new "mount" on them ,categorise it as " horse " and use it to pull your excellent archer towers or war wagons , without going anywhere , stationary field fortifications ! The only trouble is ,if you base your Jumbos too closely on " entrance " they spin like windscreen wipers , on the spot if engaged in melee.
    I'd love it if any of these ideas are of use to you , as you can see my ideas are both good and original , however , the parts which are good are not original , and the parts that are original , are not good ! Get well soon Spikewolf

Libertus

I feel so happy that the mod team is still working for a new version. I can noted some problems:
    - Pikemen-related problems in M2TW
    - How to deal with religious mechanics.
    - Lack of female unit models. (Biggest one)

BTW, am I still a mod team's member after a long inactive time?
    Amazon: Total War - Campaign tester.

Quote Originally Posted by naftykid View Post
    I feel so happy that the mod team is still working for a new version. I can noted some problems:
    - Pikemen-related problems in M2TW
    - How to deal with religious mechanics.
    - Lack of female unit models. (Biggest one)

BTW, am I still a mod team's member after a long inactive time?
    You sure are! Members are recognized by the release(s) they worked on or work contributed.

BTW, I am not too worried about the female units, because Pea has got a boat load of them.
    Last edited by parthian shot; August 10, 2014 at 05:20 PM.

Well, look like we finally got our development servers going, and we are working on project milestones. Because of the economy, even with the same number of team members (except Bibi is still on leave), we probably won't be getting anything created and tested until Christmas.

I will update everyone here if anything changes.

Libertus

About the timeframe, I prefer medieval era, because it require fewest effort to make and also because I like this era. But I will have to worry if it's in medieval time, can it be a hit like the previous versions. BTW, I wonder what religion the amazons will follow.
    Last edited by naftykid; August 10, 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Amazon: Total War - Campaign tester.