Page 86 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596111136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    LOL at the Tomb king music- from a movie "The Mummy"
    Yes I Love it!!!!

As the Lizardmen I have been able to fight sallies by the Skaven and undead rebels and Araby troops if no elephants were present. However if there are elephants or if I fight Tomb Kings it crashes. Anyone else have these problems?

Admittedly i'm not super familiar with the geography of the Warhammer world, so i get that this might be an isolated issue, but it would be cool to have some sort of indication of where exactly the cities mentioned in the special Empire missions are.(Steam tank schematics, Cathay trade route, rescuing the princess.)

Is there any way to reduce unhappiness penalties from Squalor in the game files? I'm about 125 or so turns in and many AI cities and my own are falling victim to constant civil revolts because of massive squalor penalties on public order, as high as 300%. Population growth is so high that it's costing me and other AI factions a major city every other turn. Building a of happiness buildings yields no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Is there any way to reduce unhappiness penalties from Squalor in the game files? I'm about 125 or so turns in and many AI cities and my own are falling victim to constant civil revolts because of massive squalor penalties on public order, as high as 300%. Population growth is so high that it's costing me and other AI factions a major city every other turn. Building a of happiness buildings yields no effect.
    the world f warhammer is cruel and unforgiving, too many people attracts rats. I have had plague and am close to unhappiness in some cities, find a way to manage with military garrison and low taxes plus you can always let the city revolt then purge the problem after. and have fewer farms.

I wouldn't want the civil unrest to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    Admittedly i'm not super familiar with the geography of the Warhammer world, so i get that this might be an isolated issue, but it would be cool to have some sort of indication of where exactly the cities mentioned in the special Empire missions are.(Steam tank schematics, Cathay trade route, rescuing the princess.)
    cathay trade route and rescue the princess had cities mentioned as far as I recall. but! there where no time limits or mission notes on them I think. those could be useful if the missions stay over time. going to naggaroth with a few small boats when there are black arks roaming the seas, auch! and surviving while over there and return to tell the tale is going to cost, a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite KryPtik View Post
    Here is the link to the channel, sorry for forgetting it in my first post
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSU...M-UdX28d7F8Dhg
    ty good work, watcing some edain right now

I noticed a few small issues with building benefits that doesn't seem to apply or improve.

gunsmith upgrades or the building where you train cannon doesn't improve so far from tier one to tier two. maybe it will later and maybe another kislev cannon will be added apart from the mortar we start with.

masons guild or the equivalent for the dwarves doesn't provide benefit to cost reduction on citadel construction for kislev, maybe it's not supposed to since it dwarven, but kislev and dwarves seem friendly enough to each other! and I hope citadels count as stone buildings

elven districts still have the "built by dwarves" text seems slightly un cannon in erengrad and one ostermark city. I think it was.

edit
    maybe it's intentional, but is the fishing villages supposed to sometimes only give 0+ ?

is sea trade supposed to return after taking the norscan town where you can recruit ragnars wolves? or should you take the other close by town as well. I have stromstad, should I take suderholm as well? I got the northern raids have ended message pop up. it looks like I have seatrade in one city. should the pirates or norse raiders be redirected on my will or by default to other factions?
    Last edited by Van; May 25, 2016 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    the world f warhammer is cruel and unforgiving, too many people attracts rats. I have had plague and am close to unhappiness in some cities, find a way to manage with military garrison and low taxes plus you can always let the city revolt then purge the problem after. and have fewer farms.

I wouldn't want the civil unrest to go down.
    The problem is there are very few options of dealing with revolts in the base game. If this were Warhammer you could just march the troops in and exterminate the rebel-rousers, but in Medieval you can't do that. You have to let the rebellion run its course. Plus, I don't think people would try to overthrow a city and murder its soldiers and their own people because of rats, not even in Warhammer. Unless the mod team adds in more options of dealing with public disorder I'd like to know how to at least decrease the penalty for squalor.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    The problem is there are very few options of dealing with revolts in the base game. If this were Warhammer you could just march the troops in and exterminate the rebel-rousers, but in Medieval you can't do that. You have to let the rebellion run its course. Plus, I don't think people would try to overthrow a city and murder its soldiers and their own people because of rats, not even in Warhammer. Unless the mod team adds in more options of dealing with public disorder I'd like to know how to at least decrease the penalty for squalor.
    actually, if there is a way to implement special guards and have buildings with special abilities or traits, which would improve law and cause fear inside the cities perpetually then that would be awesome! the penalties to that would be cost, and possibly a higher risk of the people turning against you in other ways than open revolt. maybe cults of pleasure would open up, chaos might have an easier time manifesting, people would help enemy spies infiltrate the city more easily. the more you squeeze the populace the more risk of homegrown assassins taking shots at your generals in the city or sabotaging your buildings.

there could als be the option of having well built sewers and rat cleaning teams who would lower the squalor, but cost a lot to maintain. that way you would have higher population growth if there is squalor to remove and lower the risk of plague at the same time.

I do believe the population of a warhammer world city would revolt and kill their oppressors if they push too hard. but the risk should be higher for some factions and lower for others. if you tax a dwarf too much the risk will be higher, if you have too much squalor in an elven city it should be higher. but if you tax an elf it shouldn't be higher and dwarves can deal with rats on their own.
    if you have orcs sitting around doing nothing but garrison duty they should be prone to revolt against the leadership. and other factions would be triggered in different ways. but all that is very complex.
    Last edited by Van; May 25, 2016 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    cathay trade route and rescue the princess had cities mentioned as far as I recall. but! there where no time limits or mission notes on them I think. those could be useful if the missions stay over time. going to naggaroth with a few small boats when there are black arks roaming the seas, auch! and surviving while over there and return to tell the tale is going to cost, a lot!
    There are indeed cities mentioned for all three of the missions I referred to. My lack of familiarity with the geography of the Warhammer world means that I still had no idea where any of them are, though. Knowing that I should go conquer Miragliano to get Steam Tank schematics wasn't as helpful when I had no clue of which direction to head toward from Reikland. XD

(I seriously had to do some Googling to figure out which direction to send my ships in to get to Naggaroth. I could have just guessed, but my initial guess would have taken me to a bunch of Lizardmen, I'm pretty sure.)

Been learning a lot of Warhammer lore in the process of figuring out where all these places are, but some sort of in-game indicator would be super-helpful for other new initiates to this amazing universe.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; May 25, 2016 at 04:31 AM.

There might be an issue with the chaos dwarf blunderbuss'es. Not only do they bug out and only a few of them actually shoot most of the time (Unless you reposition them multiple times until it works), but their accuracy is horrific. Beyond even. Like...their bullets fly WAY over the heads of the targeted enemies. I mean....I get that the chaos dwarf weaponry might be somewhat ..destructive and not in the best of shape of quality, but this is just ridiculous. At one point I had to place them at point blank range to the enemy they were supposed to shoot and they STILL missed. So yeah...might be an issue.

EDIT1: Also, chaos dwarfs can't build priests. At least I can't find any buildings that would provide them - which is weird. Seeing as they are a part of the chaos church. In game I mean. With Achron as the "pope". Though even without them, it's somehow easy to maintain a high standing. No idea if it was intended.
    Last edited by algirdasu; May 25, 2016 at 05:16 AM.
    An amateur writer.

Alternative Reality - a work in progress. Currently disclosed content at -
    http://www.alternativerealitybook.com/

Regarding to the ui for each culture, in version 1.5.1, Kislev has his own UI. The same for Dwarves, Elves and Chaos. My question is, could these UI's be used in your version of BoTEt 1.01?

Quote Originally Posted by Yerf View Post
    Hmm, been reading sround lots. I will try reinstalling again, for the third time. Both times prior while the RAR was unpacking/installing i was browsing and doing other things onnmy computer, and on moddb and other places people have said to not use the PC andnjust let itbdo its thing. Will try this when i am bsck home to see if this fixes everything.
    Also, i have read that perhaps disabling autosave, lowering graphics and playing in windowed mode might help stop crashes too? Anyone have input on this rumour?
    Thanks again for all your work. I have been playing so far on hard, so maybe it is good i restart anyway on highest difficulty haha.
    Sorry for a quite delayed answer. For me I'm playing on fullscreen 1920x1080 at the highest graphics settings as possible, including AA and such.

Have you followed the video instructions? Made a copy of kingdoms.exe? Are you running the hamer from hammer.bat file? Are you choosing the long campaign on the selection menu? Have you tried to play with a different faction?

Restarted Dwarven campaign with 1.01 patch. They now have too much money. It is easy to field armies and henceforth steamroll AI, which isn't fun. I preferred the earlier version of the mod with its much tighter economy. Also, irondrakes are easy to obtain, the are recruitable from level 2 mines, and need just one turn to do it. Have not played long enough, hopping that BotET doesn't become elites spamfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Restarted Dwarven campaign with 1.01 patch. They now have too much money. It is easy to field armies and henceforth steamroll AI, which isn't fun. I preferred the earlier version of the mod with its much tighter economy. Also, irondrakes are easy to obtain, the are recruitable from level 2 mines, and need just one turn to do it. Have not played long enough, hopping that BotET doesn't become elites spamfest.
    start your campaign again and set the difficult on very high, you will need your troops and the money

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by scatode View Post
    Bit of a newbie to this but I am having difficulty with with the last part of the installation. I just need to insert the --features.mod=mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The*_End_Times in to the target of the short cut. How do I do that on a non Steam version?
    not needed for non steam version
    Quote Originally Posted by thingy850 View Post
    Are the slann mage priest supposed to take 100 turns to be able to train???
    yes for they can rip apart a unit in 2 shots IIRC
    for the reason above their reload is insanely slow
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

i really cant stop saiyng how awesome is this work. I just started the vampire counts campaign and suddenly i hear(and feel) medievil music giving me the chills.
    Also people are getting slaughtered just right. Superb work, once again

Bugs and weirdness in High Elves campaign

Biggest issue is the archery range, High Elf Archers can not be recruited at all with no tier of the building, first 2 tiers are therefore made completely useless as they provide zero troops. On third you get shadow warriors but on the 4th level even these disappear?

Infantry barracks are weird because on the third level high elf spears and Lothern Seaguard dissapear for some reason and then are back at the 4th level???

In stables the tiranoc chariots disappear on third level and the fourth level is also pretty much useless to build.

Second tier of Ballista workshop has a typo in it as it is called the "Balliata" workshop, also it provides no bonus over the first tier and is completely useless, but as the ballista itself is a terrible, near useless weapon that can't even target gates any more I don't really care that much.

Marble Working-up Workshop can only be built in castles and it's description and provides tab do not mach.

Recruiting new generals is terribly slow as the Tower of Philosophy only lets you recruit one every 20 turns so you will always have a shortage of generals.

I think to increase challenge for High Elves make dark elves have a hidden base? province on their main continent with a large garrison.

Also they can't recruit regional units from the Auxiliary Barracks buildings, so no araby cavalry or Albion infantry for them, I think that's a shame.

Also the traits system is very bare-bones for their generals as they gain no economic traits (from building buildings and such), and overall will all just get the light mage trait on turn 1 and that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by DecayWolf View Post
    Sorry for a quite delayed answer. For me I'm playing on fullscreen 1920x1080 at the highest graphics settings as possible, including AA and such.

Have you followed the video instructions? Made a copy of kingdoms.exe? Are you running the hamer from hammer.bat file? Are you choosing the long campaign on the selection menu? Have you tried to play with a different faction?
    Yeah i have tried lizardmem and Ogres but stil the same thing. Always long campaign. The kingdoms exe is there so I'm not copying it, just patching both kingdoms and medieval exe with the 4gb, and following all instructions, plus launching from the BAt file. I don't need to put a copy of kingdoms exe in the BotET folder do i? I started on highest resolution and highest graphics, but after that continued to crash i experimemted with lower graphics and still nothibg. Will try a reinstall tonight and see if that finally works.
    Thanks for your help, appreciate it.