Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    Been getting really bad texture flickering in the sky/land in battle, like pale-colour jagged edges flashing everywhere. Not sure on what the issue is, everything is up to date, 4gb patch etc too.
    Still having same problem ;( the AA didn't fix it.

I've seen one person playing the mod on youtube have the same thing. Could you try changing other graphics settings? Maybe the shaders or resolution could be the culprit.

Can u add Isabella?

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    Can u add Isabella?
    We already have a model for Isabella. We plan on adding just about everyone.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    We already have a model for Isabella. We plan on adding just about everyone.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    is that isabella von carstein?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Libertus

I've recently finished my Reikland campaign (80 regions) and i feel like i should write up some things i've noticed while playing through a campaign which lasted ~130 turns. I will try to avoid commenting about things already mentioned by other posts.

AI:

Evil factions AI seems to be much better then i used to remember it back from beta test builds. All evil factions except Chaos Dwarves were very agressive towards other factions and at the mid to late game Vampires and Orks were the most successful with Chaos Undivided sligthly behind. Vampire counts are perhaps a bit too strong with the new economy that AI has as they can create insane ammounts of stacks due to most of the Vampire units having low to no upkeep at all. Orks and Night goblins still prefer making a tons of giant type units such as Trolls and Giant spiders which make them much more successful in autoresovle battles versus factions that dont have those units. Trolls are perhaps too easily accessible since they come from Tier 1 building called Minez. Giant spiders are also fairly easy to get as their recruitment refresh pool time is quite low hence the AI masses those units a lot.

2 Chaos Crusades (Incursions?) happened during my campaign and both times all Chaos factions joined the invasions with arround 8-10 stacks total reaching designated targets. Skaven and Chaos undivided were the most dedicated to those.

The same cannot be said about good factions AI, none of the good factions managed to expand at all during my campaign (rebellions, FMs dying causing factions to be destroyed, etc...) Wood Elves were perhaps the most passive faction. Worth mentioning is the fact that all AI factions are extremly hesitant to attack any rebel settlements, Chaos undivided took ~80 turns to capture the 2 rebel settlements in Norsca.

Scripted events, structures, traits:

I've reenabled the stacks spawns scripts to provide additional challenge and if i can recall correctly only about 6-7 stacks attacked me (~2 Beastmen, ~3 Orks, ~2 half Skaven stacks). Skaven and Tomb Kings FMs recieve a lot of Druchii traits. Poor trader and such negative traits are very common and seem to be almost unavoidable.

Capturning the required settlement for Steam tank production and then meeting all the requirements for their recruitment doesnt allow player to immediately make Steam tanks. Instead once all requirements are met Steam tank goes on to recruitment refresh pool which is currently either 30 or 50 turns, cannot remember correctly. Once they are refreshed you can make a Steam tank which also takes 30 turns to make. Same goes for all Reiksguard elite units( dismounted knights, knights and halberds) once all the structures are made for their recruitment they go to unit refresh pool which is 30 turns i believe. This did not happen for any other knights houses, only for Reiksguards Order.

Finishing the "quest" to save the princess from Dark Elves for a reward of a city works as intended, however the Rebel army that spawns just sits at the city gates and it can be totally ignored as it will never besiege the city.

The old M2TW? glitch where units would sometimes not recieve their upgrades after recruitment/retrainment is still here. Sometimes a save/reload would fix this sometimes it would not. Population growth seems to be constant, it can only go up and it nevers slows down no matter the population count. In addition AI cities grow much much faster then player controlled ones.

Various:

Blood Dragons and Blood Dragon knights dont have any voice lines, however during battle deployment or at the very end of a battle they do have victory/pre battle chants and those are of old M2TW units/voices.
    All Marauder units have some Greenskins chants during battles (We iz da Greenest and we iz the meanest). Giants recruited from the island north of Bretonnia cannot be loaded onto ships.
    Most of the new units added lack long range sprites, the only units that do have them i believe are Giant spiders and forest spider riders. Dragon type units do have long ranged sprites only while they are on ground, when they fly at long range they only appear as flying riders (without mounts).
    Last edited by Yogimanz; July 05, 2016 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogimanz View Post
    Vampire counts are perhaps a bit too strong with the new economy that AI has as they can create insane ammounts of stacks due to most of the Vampire units having low to no upkeep at all. Orks and Night goblins still prefer making a tons of giant type units such as Trolls and Giant spiders which make them much more successful in autoresovle battles versus factions that dont have those units. Trolls are perhaps too easily accessible since they come from Tier 1 building called Minez. Giant spiders are also fairly easy to get as their recruitment refresh pool time is quite low hence the AI masses those units a lot.
    We're addressing all of that in the next patch.

2 Chaos Crusades (Incursions?) happened during my campaign and both times all Chaos factions joined the invasions with arround 8-10 stacks total reaching designated targets. Skaven and Chaos undivided were the most dedicated to those.
    Great, working as intended!

The same cannot be said about good factions AI, none of the good factions managed to expand at all during my campaign (rebellions, FMs dying causing factions to be destroyed, etc...) Wood Elves were perhaps the most passive faction. Worth mentioning is the fact that all AI factions are extremly hesitant to attack any rebel settlements, Chaos undivided took ~80 turns to capture the 2 rebel settlements in Norsca.
    Hmm, the AI is still being tweaked, it should go after rebels. But the "good" factions are supposed to have a generally harder time than the "bad" ones, and Wood Elves are supposed to be pretty dang passive when not played by a human.

I've reenabled the stacks spawns scripts to provide additional challenge and if i can recall correctly only about 6-7 stacks attacked me (~2 Beastmen, ~3 Orks, ~2 half Skaven stacks).
    Yeah, it was never that many, but a lot of people didn't like having any at all.

Skaven and Tomb Kings FMs recieve a lot of Druchii traits. Poor trader and such negative traits are very common and seem to be almost unavoidable.
    Traits need a lot of work, we've barely touched them, yet. Ancillaries as well, for that matter.

Capturning the required settlement for Steam tank production and then meeting all the requirements for their recruitment doesnt allow player to immediately make Steam tanks. Instead once all requirements are met Steam tank goes on to recruitment refresh pool which is currently either 30 or 50 turns, cannot remember correctly. Once they are refreshed you can make a Steam tank which also takes 30 turns to make. Same goes for all Reiksguard elite units( dismounted knights, knights and halberds) once all the structures are made for their recruitment they go to unit refresh pool which is 30 turns i believe. This did not happen for any other knights houses, only for Reiksguards Order.
    Definitely unintended for it to be THAT strict, especially with the Reiksguard. But even with the Steam Tank, that needs fixing. We're working on it.

Finishing the "quest" to save the princess from Dark Elves for a reward of a city works as intended, however the Rebel army that spawns just sits at the city gates and it can be totally ignored as it will never besiege the city.
    Dang, there should be an attack command in the script.

The old M2TW? glitch where units would sometimes not recieve their upgrades after recruitment/retrainment is still here. Sometimes a save/reload would fix this sometimes it would not.
    We can try to fix a lot, but we can't fix the unfixable. That would probably require hacking the .exe to fix.

Population growth seems to be constant, it can only go up and it nevers slows down no matter the population count. In addition AI cities grow much much faster then player controlled ones.
    We're also working on balancing out population growth, so there is growth and recovery from extermination, but not massive overflows of people causing huge squalor penalties and rebellions.

Blood Dragons and Blood Dragon knights dont have any voice lines, however during battle deployment or at the very end of a battle they do have victory/pre battle chants and those are of old M2TW units/voices.
    Will look into it.

All Marauder units have some Greenskins chants during battles (We iz da Greenest and we iz the meanest).
    The things people only notice now.

Giants recruited from the island north of Bretonnia cannot be loaded onto ships.
    Being fixed, several units were lacking the sea_faring trait, since CoW had very little water.

Most of the new units added lack long range sprites, the only units that do have them i believe are Giant spiders and forest spider riders. Dragon type units do have long ranged sprites only while they are on ground, when they fly at long range they only appear as flying riders (without mounts).
    More should have them, but they didn't all come out great. And I think the flying animation confuses the hell out of the sprite generator. For now we're going to call it a feature, Tzeentch is casting a fog over the battlefield to obscure parts of armies so their numbers appear to change, even against his own faction, JUST AS PLANNED.

Thanks for playing and taking the time to give this write up, it's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Most of them are from galloper's voicemod which has a thread or three somewhere here in the Sub Mods section. Other new ones were gathered by Jimbomen from various sources on youtube. I'm working on a proper credits
    Thank you for the reply! They are very high quality!

heres a lil bug report from me what did catch my eye for ing around

- if you "spam" unit informations cards you get a graphical error on the whole Ui ( you can still play for some rounds ) but if you try to load - you crash

- like often mentioned tryed some aas and tweaked around with the graphics - no flickering but the grass if you zoom in has no texture

- yes like above marauders had some greeny chants

- dunno why but i got often crashed when i try to siege defend Wurtbad - and only this province had to autoresolve couldnt fix it

- some castles/citys in sieges didnt have textures .. its minor rly

other than that a rly ing good mod nice unit variiation good chaos ki/cruasdes

just have to ask are there still purchaseable mercs aka semi "hero" events ? where you get xyz insert merc "hero" here and his units like in 1.5

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Moshtrain View Post
    - if you "spam" unit informations cards you get a graphical error on the whole Ui ( you can still play for some rounds ) but if you try to load - you crash
    We know about this one, and have tried to figure it out, but to no avail. It seemed the most likely culprit was some image(s) being in the wrong format or dimensions, but they looked like they were fine when we checked.

- like often mentioned tryed some aas and tweaked around with the graphics - no flickering but the grass if you zoom in has no texture
    Pretty strange. Not sure if that's something we did or just the strangeness of heavily modded Medieval 2.

- yes like above marauders had some greeny chants
    Never heard that before, but it doesn't seem to be the case in our newest builds of the sound files, so hey, maybe it's fixed.

- dunno why but i got often crashed when i try to siege defend Wurtbad - and only this province had to autoresolve couldnt fix it
    We'll quadruple check that all siege bugs are fixed in 1.02.

- some castles/citys in sieges didnt have textures .. its minor rly
    Do you remember which ones, specifically? By not having textures, do you mean vanilla Med 2 cities?
    other than that a rly ing good mod nice unit variiation good chaos ki/cruasdes
    Thanks, more to come!

just have to ask are there still purchaseable mercs aka semi "hero" events ? where you get xyz insert merc "hero" here and his units like in 1.5
    Nope! No random events where the game rolls dice to decide if and when one of the Regiments of Renown decide to offer you their services at extortionary prices and either accept or they run off into the night never to be seen again. Now if you want them, head to their home towns and B̶R̶E̶A̶K̶ ̶T̶H̶E̶M̶ ̶T̶O̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶R̶ ̶W̶I̶L̶L recruit them in their special buildings after you capture the cities. Most are found in Tilea, so the DoW faction has the easiest time trying to catch 'em all.

Gnashraks` lair, Fester Spike Gates of Zhaar and i think it was Remas? or Pavona? so far, like i said its minor its playlable like always just had no textures for the castles/citys/settlemens whatever (for me atleast it may differ ..mby?)
    followed the instruactions had so far some minor self created crashes but i dont mind that. (like looking at unit cards) ( or simply staying afk on the select race screen and trying custom battle afterwards) ( or simply spaming unit cards to get a crash)

so far i would say its more stable as the original your team did a ing great job with this mod.

btw great new music tracks for empire factions love them.

ahh ok thought so, i mean i found some special buildings with some mercs just wanted to know if there still in the mod ala "hail oh mighty conquerer of nothing, i offer you my service for a grand of 20000gold for my services for me and my mighty xyz"

have a good day!

i recently downloaded the mod and tried playing campagin, im a big fan of chaos especially khorne, but everytime i do a campaign around turn 3-5 nurgal attacks me at infernius when i go to meet the AI in battle my game closes automatically and doesnt say anything at all. and notice it does it on all battles for me .

copy your medieval and kingdoms exe to the mod, apply the 4gb ram patch to both of them - if you have problems to start medieval or kingdoms exe just copy everything below "tools" paste it to the mod and try again, if you have still problems try the warhammer.bat to start the mod it should be fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenguard View Post
    i recently downloaded the mod and tried playing campagin, im a big fan of chaos especially khorne, but everytime i do a campaign around turn 3-5 nurgal attacks me at infernius when i go to meet the AI in battle my game closes automatically and doesnt say anything at all. and notice it does it on all battles for me .
    There's a bug with misaligned wall/settlement levels in some settlements, most notably Chaos, Ogre, and Night Goblin ones which makes them prone to crash for some, but not all people. The discrepancy is already going to be fixed in 1.02, but for now, if it affects you, avoid sieges as Chaos.

Is the Release of 1.02 near ? Because i cant wait to start a new Campaign.

One of the greatest Mods i have ever played, after using Mods since 1998.

oh i prey for it!
    i want to see those new units and heroes *_*
    but they should take their time fixing the bugs too, and adding more content

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkarim View Post
    Is the Release of 1.02 near ? Because i cant wait to start a new Campaign.
    Not too close, we've got a lot left to finish.

What does the "necromancy" trait on a Vampire Counts General give?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

It provides a large 'battle surgery' bonus (like vanilla surgeon/chirugeon/doctor), as well as a large discount to troop recruitment costs when the general is in a settlement. It effects any troops not just undead. A 400 gold unit of skeleton warriors can be recruited by Basic/Advanced/Expert necromancers for 380, 340, 300 gold respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPhoenix View Post
    What does the "necromancy" trait on a Vampire Counts General give?
    A much higher chance of healing a larger number of casualties after a battle, as well as a discount on training troops. Both get stronger with higher levels. Basically, the Vampire is good at raising lots of dead.