Thread: The original thread

Default Re: The original thread

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Things you need to do, make sure both .exe's are running as admin. only launch from the warhammer.bat if you have the steam launch options command delete this now. also disable user account control and give the medieval2 folder full control(right click prefrences ect. you can google most of this stuff) also disable daylight savings time and make sure you are not running the .exe's in some weird compatibility mode like vista(the most common cause of siege crash).
    Thanks, I'll try it this night!

thanks tomdoof2236 for your answer,a pity though for the karaks they were immersive and nicely done but if they were buggy i understand.
    will campaign saves from 1.5 beta be compatible with the patch?

Siege crash fixed. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    Siege crash fixed. Thank you so much!
    how do you disable DST in windows 7? I cant figure it out >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Marijuana_Merlin View Post
    how do you disable DST in windows 7? I cant figure it out >_>
    DST? I have not do this.

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm my units are having trouble killing or capturing routing Skaven units, not sure if it's because of the fact that the Skaven models are smaller than the human factions of it's supposed to be like that for lore reasons or what not. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

melkorjv5's Avatar Laetus

torrent link ? please!!!

So I figured out a way to have a fun ass campaign with Kislev, which, I have to say is one of the most difficult factions to play in this game. It's not just Chaos Undivided. its the endless from the 4 gods, the night goblins, orcs, and chaos dwarves and the backstabs from the empire. If you rush Ostland and Ostermark, and Vassalize them, not destroy. you get immiedately, 7-8k per turn from each vassal due to the king's purse script EACH TURN. and your southern border is secure. It's not lore abiding ofcourse, to vassalize the elector counts but it sure is hella fun, now I'm working on securing a North Eastern Bulwark with a chain of forts and bridge holdings while I Muster my Calvary armies to march on Norsca. It's going to be long and difficult, but I havent had this much fun in a long time.

I have had some more time to play since last posting some feedback, so I thought I would share some more:

1) First, let me say how awesome the Wood Elves feel in this mod. I didn't expect to get sucked into a whole campaign as Wood Elves, but here I am! Their roster is compact: less variety than some other factions have, but almost every unit fills its unique role very nicely! The Wood Elves perfectly capture the fragile skirmisher gameplay, and the forest spirits are such awesome beasts!

2) I said "almost" every unit fills its unique role nicely: I mentioned before that I'm not sure why Eternal Guards (without shields) are a unit, and I stand by that, but I'm also not sure what the Hawk Riders are for, either. They seem to be a more expensive, inferior Glade Rider. Glade Riders are just as fast (maybe faster) than Hawk Riders, can shoot more, and do way more damage on the charge. Hawk Riders do have 2 HP, but get obliterated by anything; I once had a Hawk Rider that had expended all of its ammunition get wrecked after rear-charging Bretonnian archers (I didn't even leave them in combat long). So, maybe I'm just not seeing their unique role, but, while they look really awesome and I love their animations, I just don't get why they are there.

3) I mentioned mines before, and I will again. It seems that some factions get two income entries from mines and some only get one. I can understand that Wood Elves aren't getting a lot from mines, but mines don't seem to produce much even for Empire factions.

4) When attacking in a siege in some large cities, I have noticed that the AI will pull its ram up to the gates, hit the gates a few times, pull the ram back, sit there for a while, pull the ram up to the gates, and repeat, which leads to the gate-battering taking a long time and the AI units outside the walls getting shredded by arrows. This may be a bug in Medieval 2 in general, but I don't recall seeing this problem before 1.5.

Thanks again for an awesome mod; I'm really enjoying it!

DMPumuki's Avatar Laetus

Has anyone else noticed that setting taxes to low has no effect on the population growth? I've tested it with Bretonnia and Hochland, so I guess is a general bug...Or an intended feature.

Also Windmills and Fishermen Settlements doesn't seem to have effect on population growth as well, and the advanced crops (the ones coming after land clearance) directly doesn't reflect having impact on income or population growth. (This is from a Bretonnian point of view, no idea about other factions yet.)

i know the High Elves have almost no population growth, which is lore abiding, it could possibly be a workout between CoW 1.6 and to keep every settlement from becoming a huge city/citadel. no clue though!

DMPumuki's Avatar Laetus

Or could be that those buildings are only effective while the events of "food production goes well/market fair" ?

possibly! though not even the high elves get bonuses on Ulthuan for pop growth. though its alright in other zones

What about a units of chaos gods (Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh) himself?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Montesuma2012 View Post

uint cap is reached IIRC
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Montesuma2012 View Post
    Mh... what about absolutely not?

Any time the game crashes it's from those gods showing up and attacking, so they're already in.

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    Mh... what about absolutely not?
    I agree.
    1) It would kind of break pretty much all of the lore, since I don't think the gods themselves ever directly invade the mortal world. Also, killing a chaos god in battle would likely be completely impossible.
    2) We have no idea what any of the chaos gods "look" like (if "sight" even applies on whatever planes they are supposed to exist); the pictures posted are not even of the chaos gods, just some demons associated with them, which brings us to...

3) From a gameplay/balance perspective, why bother? The chaos gods would just end up performing the same task that their greater demons already perform: be a big monster with super powered attacks. It would be a whole lot of work to both break the lore and come up with a visualization for chaos gods when they wouldn't really fulfill any unique role in the battlefield/campaign.

After starting 2 Bretonnian campaigns in 1.5 I've noted that there is no "introductory paragraph" at the start. No pop-up introducing the world.

I've started a couple Empire factions and it pop'd up fine.

Just saying

Is religious conversion still broken for anyone else?