Thread: The original thread

Default Re: The original thread

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerblitz View Post
    Is religious conversion still broken for anyone else?
    BOTET is 12 turns (months) per year so any religion change per turn from priests is going to be very small, leave them there for much longer.

I noticed that the new recruited or "spawned" dark elf generals have the "elf" trait instead of the "dark elf" trait. So only the initial generals are dark elf all the rest are elf... Is this intended?

Would it be possible to somehow get back the old pop growth? I like upgrading my cities and building up my empire.

I would just like to change it in my own game but I have no idea if its possible without a lot of work on my part, or even how to go about doing it.

DMPumuki's Avatar Laetus

tyrgalon you need to focus on other buildings instead of just crops. Crops (and fishermen settlements) mostly give you a population growth boost during summer fairs and such events. I'm playing with Bretonnia, and I mostly focus on brothels, graveyards and the 2nd level of lady of the lake temples, which they all give me +1/+0,5 after a few turns (counting that almost every city of Bretonnia, even the ones you conquer, are around -1 or -0,5 at the start of the game. I guess they made it intentional, compared to my campaign with the same faction on BoTET 1.0 I had settlements with +2% of population growth almost always (specially because low taxes gave you an additional 0,5%, which is not the case on BoTET 1.5), it's a matter of chosing carefully what to build next.

DMPumuki's Avatar Laetus

Is religious conversion still broken for anyone else?
    It's not broken, I've noticed the same thing on the previous version of this mod. Mind that the campaign gives you 8 or 12 turns before a year passes, and religious conversion applies once per year.

As for the pop growth...Crops only work during certain events of summer, the way to mantain a pop growth of positive balance is through other means (brothels, mayor houses, temples, even markets). Crops and fishermen settlements really give an interesting boost during those events, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DMPumuki View Post

As for the pop growth...Crops only work during certain events of summer, the way to mantain a pop growth of positive balance is through other means (brothels, mayor houses, temples, even markets). Crops and fishermen settlements really give an interesting boost during those events, though.

That is broken, if you play the base game or any other mod, or the previous version of this one, farms work all the time. Hopefully the hotfix will correct that.

Many factions donīt have such buildings, and the growth from other buildings donīt get even close to the old numbers.

1) Farms are seasonal.
    2) We don't want the old 1.0 pop growth.

So both things are intended. Same way the mines now don't cr*p zillions of gold.

#wen a hotfix/mini patch?

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    #wen a hotfix/mini patch?
    The hotfix will be released as soon as possible, we've been working on it lately. Shouldn't take too long.

Will it be save-game compatible?
    I mean i could study for exams and not start a campaign

Hey, is there a template you guys use when making the unit info scrolls that frays the edges of the picture? I've been making my own info scroll and I'd like to have them be consistent with the rest.

Hey, is there a template you guys use when making the unit info scrolls that frays the edges of the picture? I've been making my own info scroll and I'd like to have them be consistent with the rest.
    You can simply use one already in as base, they're in the ui/unit_info folder. Anyway, in the Hotfix ALL units will have info pic, I've worked on that.

My Review of the new Version so far.

Orc Campaign: VH/VH
    So far it was fun and interesting, it was a bit strange that the Rebel Orc Stacks in the South dosent attack me, but iam fine with that.
    One thing i realy hate are these Spawn Citys.
    I can understand that the Dwarf Capital Karaz a Karak is a Spwan City, but why is Karak Hirn one too ?
    I sieged Karak Hirn and was surprised about the spawned Elite Army there, i lured them out by attacking a nearby Army.
    It was a tough Battle, but after the Victory i sieged the City a second Time and another full Stack spawned in it.
    That was fun and now i had to retreat from that City.
    So maybe less Spawn Citys ? Or at least let them spawn such an large Army only once ?

Unit Roster:
    My most used Unit are the Orc Boys.
    I lose Big Unz nearly as fast as Orc Boyz, but they cost much more and need 3 Barrack Upgrades.
    So maybe put Big Unz into Upgrade 2 ?

Trolls are realy strong and i think a bit too strong.
    Sure they cost a lot, but the Upkeep is not so high.
    I can even use them with Ladders in a Siege.
    They are so much mire usefull then Big Unz, but both are Tier 3.

The Doom Diver looks bugged or far to weak.
    I used it twice and it did less Damage then a Spear Chukka.
    And with killing its own Units i dont see how they are usefull.

The rest looks fine and balanced, also all these Unique Units are realy cool.
    But sadly you cant use them that often.
    I hope i can test the Shamans soon.
    And is it possible to get the green Wyvern in the Campaign ?

Ostland Campaign: VH/VH
    First there is a Mine right under the Brass Keep that you cant reach with a Merchant.
    So i only played a few Rounds and only had 1 Battle in the Rebel City in the far right.
    So i got there with a 10 Star General and a full Army against some Goblins.
    Again many bugged Units on the Wall, which is always a pain in the Ass.
    In the Streets i had 4 Forrest Golbin Archers against my 3 Ostland Spearman, 2 Empire Swordsman and my Bull General Unit.
    How is it possible for them to hold my Troops of for 10 Minutes ?
    I havent played a Empire Campaign, but damn i felt so ing weak.
    How does i manage to clean a City of Dwarfs or Chaos with such weak Units ?
    I lost 650 Man against a Bunch of Golbins and it took forever.

Overall the Mod is great and i realy love it and will play it forever.
    Sadly Siege Battles are most of the Time not so fun, i dont know if its a Problem with the Mod, or was like that in every other Mod and Vanilla, but damn i need a break after 2-3 Siege Battles.
    And i havent even sieged a City with unbreakable Units.
    But now iam back to my Orc Campaign and keep up the good Work!

Quote Originally Posted by kallaikoi View Post
    BOTET is 12 turns (months) per year so any religion change per turn from priests is going to be very small, leave them there for much longer.
    It still takes WAY too long to convert regions. Even with maximum conversion bonuses and a multiple damsels, it's taken me pretty much my entire campaign (I'm at turn 162) to get Black Chasm to 54% from 20% as Bretonnia. I got Black Chasm early in my campaign too.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...pdate#imagebox

This looks really cool! Well done on this one.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Tomdoof wrote on Moddb that the "faction icon bug solved also the right click UI bug solved with it", may I ask if there is a tutorial about that, particulary the anoying right click UI bug, not to BotET, the hotfix is uppon us... I hope, but to implement on other mods, thanks!
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Tomdoof wrote on Moddb that the "faction icon bug solved also the right click UI bug solved with it", may I ask if there is a tutorial about that, particulary the anoying right click UI bug, not to BotET, the hotfix is uppon us... I hope, but to implement on other mods, thanks!
    Well what I did was take the .xml files from bare geo mod, Gigantus is awesome and provided converted versions in bare geo mod so most of the credit goes to him for this. Now to get it working for the mod with the 30 factions I had to add a few icons to the .xml and the coordinates for the new faction icons(both large and small icons). The trick is the new .tga(for strategy.xml) HAS to be a lower resolution or this bug will pop up. I set it to 256 by 256 this gives room for 9 faction icons and anything more seemed to cause the bug. The higher the resolution of the extra .tga the more the bug will happen, no idea why. Another thing I had to do was add in all the hero ability icons and coordinates (There is a bunch in COW) to the battle.xml. I noticed adding the extra page to the battle.xml the resolution could be higher without the bug, the one in the mod is set to 351 by 512 and you can click away in battles with out any ui gitching. And the best part is if you want to make a change or add something all you do is delete the .sd files start the game and they just rebuild no need for a python convertor or anything (assuming the sprite count is correct and no errors ect) so yea do this for your mod its worth the bit of work it takes as I feel everything seems far more stable now the mod has solid .xml and matching .sd files. and thank Gigantus the next time you get the chance for providing them in bare geo mod it just makes it easy with no python convertor and the game rebuilding the .sd files.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; June 21, 2017 at 01:57 AM.

Thank you Tom, very helpful explanation, I remember reading something about the necessity of lower resolution of the new .tgas, but this clarifies my doubts.
    Gigantus is a Legend. Keep up the excellent work BotET Team, the best is yet to come!
    Last edited by Jivaro; June 21, 2017 at 09:42 PM.
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Arglaxx's Avatar Libertus

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I found silver surfers in the High Elven spearmen unit which you can recruit in Erengrad as Kislev.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: