Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of Sparta Out Now!

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Wrath of Sparta Out Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    You were saying Legio?

LMAO! I just burst out laughing on my computer and my girlfriend looked over to me while talking to her sister on the phone and was like "I think the interwebs broke my boyfriend."

well done Obi.. well done.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    LMAO! I just burst out laughing on my computer and my girlfriend looked over to me while talking to her sister on the phone and was like "I think the interwebs broke my boyfriend."

well done Obi.. well done.
    Delivers the finnishing blow to the funny man who was obviously still breathing!

All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

After reading the reviews, especially on steam - I think charging 14,99 Euro is an insult. So sorry, no - not yet.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

after reading the comments here,im happy that i did not buy this new piece of crap.and i think attila is gonna be the same,nice trailers and video's but in the end the same bad game as this is...TIME FOR A NEW ENGINE CA!!!!!
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

After playing a whole afternoon of Wrath of Sparta, I must say this is a great Total War experience, probably the best Vanilla after Shogun 2. The best part for me is the naval warfare, and the island hopping, really exciting and well done in terms of graphics.

The best DLC so far for Rome 2, better than Caesar, Hannibal, and Emperor.

Keep up the good work CA!

Tiro

Why is it when I play Sparta in wrath of Sparta my facton color in battle is hot pink... i mean REALLY hot pink... is that how it is supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearnation54 View Post
    Why is it when I play Sparta in wrath of Sparta my facton color in battle is hot pink... i mean REALLY hot pink... is that how it is supposed to be?
    Well, the pink pyjamas are back! No, seriously, it's probably a problem of your mods: It has happened before, and in every case a mod changing the uniform colours was responsible, so you should delete it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Metalde's Avatar Libertus

did not work buddyloved figures

I remember playing a very cool mod for Rome 1, Troy Total War, it was an amazing game, and I wish our amazing modders would create a new Troy mod with this map.

Just imagine being Agamemnon unifying Greece, or Achilles and his myrmidons island hopping.

Aaahhh, one can dream.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just watched darren's review of this mini campaign. it needs a tag of avoid at all costs.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

actually i need to change my opinion about this dlc,i'ts the first i bought and i like it.watched some vids on youtube and decided to give it a try.having more fun with this than with the vanilla campaign.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

this is the first dlc i have bought. and i'm enjoying it a lot. i spent all night on it and planning on spending a lot more time on it. the only glitch i've seen is the fact that half of my war ships as Sparta are invisible. and you just see the soldiers floating on water. anyone else have this glitch? i just got my royal Spartans so i can't wait to use them. i like how there is no cap on elite soldiers. anyway if anyone is on the fence about buying it, I'd say go for it. 15 dollars isn't cheap for all the crap ca has done to us but if your interested in Greece like me, go for it. And i 2nd a Troy mod for this dlc. would be great.

(last night i had such an epic battle. i got tag teamed on an island i stole from Athens. by Athens and her Persian ally. i was out numbered by well over a thousand men. a fight for my life. like normal all the lesser units rout and flee. and i have a 1 to 4 ratio with only my spartan general and one group of spartan hoplites. it was such an intense battle. i think i eventually won the battle when their general died, but only had like 40 troops left lol. my steadfast Spartans saved the day. loved it.)

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

ugh, the victory video is the same like in GC as athens. I wonder how the ones look like which are not in GC? The DLC is okay but not great, especially all the bugs which I found and made screenshots of talk for themselves not to mention agent spam & broken naval combat... It's good to have if you are into ancient greece and up for mods ! Greco persian war is apparently already in the works...After all, this DLC sure is proof that CA rushes everything out of the door nowadays.. I mean forts covered in environment really gives you an idea how bad r2 was at release...
    Last edited by =ANTiKES=; January 07, 2015 at 07:22 AM.

I love this game very much, And Spartan campaign is awesome. Keep progressing this game guys. AttilaTotalWar that I have heard is coming, but do not forget about this game also, we need more DLS for the Rome 2.

Best campaign and work for a long period ... since NTW . Keep it up i love the changes and penalties with diplomacy and the simplicity of the buildings.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Guys has anyone of you ever seen Acropolis in battle map in WoS???

i mod the startpos.esf and make Athens a tier IV city with all 6 slots full to maximum tier including temple of Athens. Then i choose Sparta, i besiege Athens and Acropolis was not there..
    Then i played a custom battle, i choose WoS map, choose Athens as a settlement and i choose the settlement size to extra large but the Acropolis was nowhere..
    Finally i played a custom battle in GC map selecting again Athens with settlement size again to extra large and Acropolis was there as it should.
    Those CA guys didn't include Acropolis in WoS???????? In Pericles era??? or im doing something wrong?

Ok i got my answer..

Wth CA? You had a finished battle map with Acropolis included and you couldn't give it to WoS??
    Ok... Not even that..
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; February 07, 2015 at 02:43 AM.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi guys,

Just giving a shout out to a great youtuber Nozi87 who happens to be doing a great job of a Wrath of Sparta campaign. Check out his videos here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gFrKZl0E7gM6rc

Much love

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    Well, the pink pyjamas are back! No, seriously, it's probably a problem of your mods: It has happened before, and in every case a mod changing the uniform colours was responsible, so you should delete it.

Good grief, that can't be real.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Is WoS really worth it? It is on sale this weekend for only 5 euros and I am considering to buy it but is it truly worth the money or do you guys think I will get bored really fast?
    I mean, does it come with new, specific to the age things or it is just a focused part of the map with some elements to make it original, like some other campaigns DLCs?
    RTWRM - back to basics

If you play vanilla you will get bored(in an hour). But for 5 euros instead of 15 and with some awesome mods out there is really worth it!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast