Thread: This is all very well, but I'm only interested in playing the campaign map.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default This is all very well, but I'm only interested in playing the campaign map.

Hi mod team, thanks for your heroic efforts on this mod. I'm eagerly anticipating playing the campaign. I can't wait to take my Empire of Nicaea forces on campaign. But there lies the problem. I get a bit frustrated when I see the latest units being posted for each faction. I don't really care if the kingdom of Serbia/[insert unimportant minor faction here] has 3 different types of archers, 4 types of spearmen and 5 different types of cavalry.

I am concerned that excessive attention on unit rosters is delaying the launch of the campaign. Can we hurry up and get the campaign map out? Thanks.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: This is all very well, but I'm only interested in playing the campaign map.

Learn how to mod and help them instead of telling them to hurry up !!!
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Default Re: This is all very well, but I'm only interested in playing the campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Hi mod team, thanks for your heroic efforts on this mod. I'm eagerly anticipating playing the campaign. I can't wait to take my Empire of Nicaea forces on campaign. But there lies the problem. I get a bit frustrated when I see the latest units being posted for each faction. I don't really care if the kingdom of Serbia/[insert unimportant minor faction here] has 3 different types of archers, 4 types of spearmen and 5 different types of cavalry.

I am concerned that excessive attention on unit rosters is delaying the launch of the campaign. Can we hurry up and get the campaign map out? Thanks.
    We attach importance to every detail in this mod, which means the unit rosters are a big part of it. However you don't have to be concerned, the campaign is making progress.

Sure, donate to me $100,000, so that I can quit my job. I'll make sure this product is finished by the end of this year.

Brother, its not that the team sidelining the campaignmap work; its just campaignmap startpos is pretty much the culmination of all the work.

Also, In creating a new campaign starting position data for MKTW, it has to list all the factions, where the factions are, what buildings in which settlement, and what units in which army. Without all of it laid out, it would need lots of placeholders of blank and empty factions from Late Antiquity instead of proper Medieval ones. Yes, startpos and scripts for testing purposes with lots of placeholders can be built, but that isn't something worthy of being released as "MKTW 1212" to the public.

If the campaign be released before the factions fleshed out, its even more worrying that "popularly unknown factions" would be sidelined, even though they are very important on their own in their region.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Sure, donate to me $100,000, so that I can quit my job.
    $100 000 is not enought
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Half the beauty of this mod is that it goes into the "minor" factions (aka the non-endorsed by popular culture factions) and display thir quirks and culture. Also its a map. There needs to be things in it before they can be released.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Unit modders may not know how to create a campaign

People have been pressuring the creators of the mod to "hurry up" since it began. It's not productive nor is it polite. These guys aren't being paid to do this and many of them don't have a lot of free time they can use to work on the mod. They post unit rosters for many reasons but primarily it's to keep people updated and interested in the mod's progress and also to show people that their progress hasn't stagnated. It also opens them to feedback in case there are any historical inaccuracies that they overlooked.

I for one love seeing the unit rosters. I appreciate that the modders are giving tons of attention to "[insert unimportant minor faction here]" because it shows a great amount of care and respect for the history of the region. I've always wanted to see the minor factions fleshed out and given their own unique rosters. Every faction is getting equal treatment instead of cases like in Rome 2 where the Rome faction had almost 2x as many units as all the other factions and all the celtic factions had pretty much identical rosters, making them feel like they were just copied and pasted. No flavor, no uniqueness, no sense that one faction was distinct from another.

So I encourage the creators to keep churning out unit rosters because it gives us glimpses into how diverse and complex the campaign will eventually be when it comes out. Asking them to put less effort into making the factions diverse and unique will make the campaign that much less deep.
    Last edited by Rayn Sideways; August 02, 2016 at 06:04 PM.

Ah well i'm quit sure the mod team is here to fulfill all you desire.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
    'nuff said

I understand were your coming from and i do feel your desperation for this mod to be out and finished but with the way you came out to say this it shows very little respect towards the mod creators.

Now were that lack of respect comes from ignorance on how much work this guys are putting into this mod aswell and most important as the time of their own lives that they put in it without really getting anything except getting to play with their mod and maybe some donations, i dont know.

Again i understand the dispair but show some respect and appreciation for all this team is doing and their hard work.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

such entitlement these days...
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Alright, point has been made. Nothing much else to add or say without devolving into flaming so I'm closing this thread.