Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Jake,

I'm looking at the code in function ChangeGrowthBar() in population.lua (province_name_table[provinceName][3] is only referenced here nowhere else) - the difference between moving the growth bar or not is depending on 2 or 4 according to code :-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    if province_name_table[provinceName][3] == 2 then
    Debug("Province Name Number of Regions = 2 or 3")
    local growth_bar_pX, growth_bar_pY = growth_bar_uicosition()
    if save_X_2 == 0
    and save_X_4 == 0
    then original_X_2 = growth_bar_pX
    Debug("First Province clicked with Number of Regions = 2 or 3")
    Debug("growth_bar_pX: "..tostring(growth_bar_pX).." growth_bar_pY: "..tostring(growth_bar_pY))

elseif save_X_4 ~= 0 then
    original_X_2 = growth_bar_pX - 70
    Debug("First Province clicked with Number of Regions = 4")
    Debug("Set original_X_2: "..tostring(original_X_2))
    end;

X = original_X_2 + 370
    Debug("Set New X: "..tostring(X))

if save_X_2 == 0
    and save_X_4 == 0
    then save_X_2 = X
    Debug("Set New save_X_2: "..tostring(save_X_2))

elseif save_X_2 == 0
    and save_X_4 ~= 0
    then save_X_2 = original_X_2 + 370
    Debug("Set New save_X_2: "..tostring(save_X_2))
    end;
    growth_bar_uic:MoveTo(save_X_2, growth_bar_pY)
    return;
    end;

if province_name_table[provinceName][3] == 4 then
    Debug("Province Name Number of Regions = 4")
    local growth_bar_pX, growth_bar_pY = growth_bar_uicosition()
    if save_X_2 == 0
    and save_X_4 == 0
    then original_X_4 = growth_bar_pX
    Debug("First Province clicked with Number of Regions = 4")
    Debug("growth_bar_pX: "..tostring(growth_bar_pX).." growth_bar_pY: "..tostring(growth_bar_pY))

elseif save_X_2 ~= 0
    then original_X_4 = growth_bar_pX - 370
    Debug("First Province clicked with Number of Regions = 2 or 3");
    Debug("Set original_X_4: "..tostring(original_X_4));
    end;

X = original_X_4 + 70

if save_X_2 == 0
    and save_X_4 == 0
    then save_X_4 = X
    Debug("Set New save_X_4: "..tostring(save_X_4));

elseif save_X_4 == 0
    and save_X_2 ~= 0
    then save_X_4 = original_X_4 + 70
    Debug("Set New save_X_4: "..tostring(save_X_4));
    end;
    growth_bar_uic:MoveTo(save_X_4, growth_bar_pY);
    end;
    growth_bar_uic:SetMoveable(false); -- make sure the toolbar can't be moved by the player
    end;

There are no values = 3.

Thank you for taking the time to help, I appreciate this is my first posting but if I'm wrong then it's my time to apologise.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

ok , now I get it, i was tempted to do a search into population.lua to see if that library was linked elsewhere but didn't went deeper yet.
    Surely I was wrong talking about manpower cost, which doesn't fit to that library part. Please make a better explanation next time, it would be much clearer to understand what you're properly referring to.
    Could be that you're correct and it would be a nice thing. Have you noticed if there are other 2,4 that seems to be misplaced for other provinces?

Please, if you think you have found a way to correct a bug, open a new thread and post a pack with corrections so people can test it. It would be very useful.
    Also, we are spamming the general bug thread, so just do a new thread. Thx.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 10, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

I removed 3 because it caused the growth bar to disappear a lot.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

amagana91's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    If you were previously subscribed to all 10 parts you will automatically download the three parts that will get updated with future updates. These three parts is part 1, part 9 and part 10.
    This does however not mean that you should use parts 2-8 for anything as they only contain the older mod parts and wont get updated.
    The ones you need to enable are part 1,9 and 10.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    Okay I get it now. Thank you very much for clarifying!

Right when I hit the end turn button, a navy of my that was blockading Kyrene automatically attacked. Guess this is a bug.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sounds like it was attacked.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Sounds right. Even with a decent navy, the AI will try to shrug your blockade off right away with the town's garrison. It's the main reason I don't bother with blockades unless I support it with an army.

Foederatus

Is this a bug?
    Having a force patrolling directly next to a city one can still move this force into the city. It keeps it stance but also the garrisoned buff, thus is getting experience. Fun fact: When disbanding the units below the 3 unit requirements for patroling, the force is stuck. Well I tried to improve the exploit and even get rid of the PO debuff from armed forces in a settlement. If I remember right it did not work. And Only way to get it moving again is hiring mercenaries, as a patrolling force can not recruit normal units.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by hbghimself View Post
    Is this a bug?
    Having a force patrolling directly next to a city one can still move this force into the city. It keeps it stance but also the garrisoned buff, thus is getting experience. Fun fact: When disbanding the units below the 3 unit requirements for patroling, the force is stuck. Well I tried to improve the exploit and even get rid of the PO debuff from armed forces in a settlement. If I remember right it did not work. And Only way to get it moving again is hiring mercenaries, as a patrolling force can not recruit normal units.
    Yes, it is well known and it is considered cheating.
    There isn't a way to prevent it except for not doing it.
    Please just don't.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Known Bugs/Issues
    - Some region effect bundle icons will disappear when there are too many region effects. This is a UI limitation in the base game.
    - Sometimes a building's effects and descriptions will appear as a large blank box, due to resolution restrictions.
    - If you enter Patrol Region stance directly outside a city, you can enter the city in the stance. This is considered "cheating".
    - Fleets reduce public order when in ports but that is not displayed on the calculated UI number. A pop up advice message will inform you of the amount.
    - Sometimes the growth bar will go over the top of the population number in the region window.
    - The battle map for Crete in the Grand campaign and IA campaign is bugged. Nothing we can do about it. Our workaround for now is to use a walled settlement map.
    - Level 1 minor townships have 2 options when converting. This is for technical reasons due to the raze mechanic in Rome 2.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Is this a bug?
    Shame shame

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Shame shame
    Well finding those exploits and trying to get further somehow pleases my curiosity. But if you mean that I did not read the first post in this thread, indeed I agree

Well finding those exploits and trying to get further somehow pleases my curiosity. But if you mean that I did not read the first post in this thread, indeed I agree
    Nah I was just pulling your leg for exploiting

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

i am not sure if this is a bug, i am almost sure if it is that is a vanilla one, but i didnt want to open a new thread for this. So, my leader is married and have 2 children. no other important characters in my party. my leader dies in battle. I had to choose army leader replacement. I choose one from my party from the characters pool. Suddently this character become the faction leader, my party leader, a message for a newborn child come of age apear and on family tree seemed that he is (was? ) my dead leaders missing brother? I quit my game. I can tollerate almost evything but the family tree thing sadly seems so unemmerced.

Thracian minor settlement (gold) has wrong icon - minor settlement (iron) and wrong enciklopedia description.

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Aaand again...

Two bugs..

1) Spy "Steal" ability retracts money, if succeeded, instead of giving you and I never seen an ancilary stolen from an other agent!
    and
    2) What's with the double and triple ancilaries queue?

I'm playing as Rome, Patricii.

When playing with the female generals submod, every time a female enemy general dies my game crashes.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Logic^ View Post
    When playing with the female generals submod, every time a female enemy general dies my game crashes.
    It may be a dumb question. But what submod? One of ours?

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    i am not sure if this is a bug, i am almost sure if it is that is a vanilla one, but i didnt want to open a new thread for this. So, my leader is married and have 2 children. no other important characters in my party. my leader dies in battle. I had to choose army leader replacement. I choose one from my party from the characters pool. Suddently this character become the faction leader, my party leader, a message for a newborn child come of age apear and on family tree seemed that he is (was? ) my dead leaders missing brother? I quit my game. I can tollerate almost evything but the family tree thing sadly seems so unemmerced.
    Most (maybe all) of the family tree stuff is vanilla and unmodded. Sadly I think its mostly hardcoded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosthammer View Post
    Thracian minor settlement (gold) has wrong icon - minor settlement (iron) and wrong enciklopedia description.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleStef80 View Post
    Aaand again...

Two bugs..

1) Spy "Steal" ability retracts money, if succeeded, instead of giving you and I never seen an ancilary stolen from an other agent!
    and
    2) What's with the double and triple ancilaries queue?

I'm playing as Rome, Patricii.
    Thats odd about the stealing money, I don't remember modding that but I will recheck it. I am not sure what you mean by double/triple queue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic^ View Post
    That submod just opens up the options for those factions, I am not sure how that could cause a crash unless its somehow conflicting with another mod?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Most (maybe all) of the family tree stuff is vanilla and unmodded. Sadly I think its mostly hardcoded.
    to be honest i was the minority and against the family tree , was happy with the parties system. I think except from kingdoms build on a person it suites better on the ancient world public stracture. MAybe idealy to have it as a dual system depended to kningdom, republic etc. Anyway back to reality, Is it possible something so obvious of a "problem" not to be fixed by CA? Hope is not Hardcoded. Also as i mention before I am glad that your team is willing to change the political aspect of the game. Will be something that will come to as in the next months possibly? Thank you for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    to be honest i was the minority and against the family tree , was happy with the parties system. I think except from kingdoms build on a person it suites better on the ancient world public stracture. MAybe idealy to have it as a dual system depended to kningdom, republic etc. Anyway back to reality, Is it possible something so obvious of a "problem" not to be fixed by CA?
    Well, I was also against a badly implemented family tree and yes its quite possible CA will just ignore it.