Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Yeah, don't use forum part 1 and Steam parts 2-3 for example.

amagana91's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Steam is broken atm. Use the standalone version for now

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    For those of us ignorant to how to play the mod if the steam version is broken, what does it mean to play the "stand alone version". Is there another way to play Total War except through Steam. If so, there is cause for celebration!
    Thanks team!
    Adrian

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by amagana91 View Post
    For those of us ignorant to how to play the mod if the steam version is broken, what does it mean to play the "stand alone version". Is there another way to play Total War except through Steam. If so, there is cause for celebration!
    Thanks team!
    Adrian
    The standalone version refers to the 2 part downloadable version available in the Download Link thread here on our TWC forum.
    You just manually download the files and use them indstead. Just Remember to unsubscribe and remove the steam files from your folders to avoid problems.
    You can revert back to steam once the problem is solved

So, I want to try install the standalone version. My question is... What are the famous 'steam files' I'm supposed to remove from my 'data' folder after unsuscribing?

Unsubscribing from Steam mods in the official mod manager will ask you to delete the files, otherwise you need to go to Steam -> SteamLibrary -> workshop -> content -> the number of the game (594570) I think -> and then you just use your search function to look for the DEI-parts.

Thank you. My road had 'steamapps' rather than library, but I managed to find them.

I think it depends on whether or not the folder is inside you Steam installation folder or on another harddisk/partition.

Nvm.
    Last edited by Imoen; October 31, 2018 at 06:37 PM.

In HATG:

1. The AI Libya faction recruits old type of DEI carthage unit.

2. Playing as Carthage: dead father of Hannibal is Namsete - it should be Hamilcar Barca.

3. Part of the Iberian factions (Oretani, Illercavones, Cantabri, Astures, Carpetani, Illergetes, Vascones, Vaccaei, Vettones, Gallaeci) can't create new armies after being destroyed before the Iberian reform. This is bug ?

amagana91's Avatar Foederatus

So with my horrible internet connection at home, I have no hope for downloading the stand alone versions, what is it that is busted on Steam, does anyone have any idea how long it may take to be fixed. Is it an issue that steam has to fix themselves or is it a compatibility issue that is forcing the DEI team to have to fix Steams issues?
    Thanks,
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by amagana91 View Post
    So with my horrible internet connection at home, I have no hope for downloading the stand alone versions, what is it that is busted on Steam, does anyone have any idea how long it may take to be fixed. Is it an issue that steam has to fix themselves or is it a compatibility issue that is forcing the DEI team to have to fix Steams issues?
    Thanks,
    Adrian
    Steam is broken across multiple games from CA affecting mods. So its not just DeI.
    I Think Dresden has re-uploaded the mod

I don't know if this is a bug or feature. I saw a nearby enemy approaching my faction's capital so placed an army on the road in between the city and the enemy in fortify stance. The enemy marched straight through my fortified army to besiege the settlement. Like I say, this is either a bug or a feature, however, I'm sure it shouldn't be possible.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingHawkEye View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or feature. I saw a nearby enemy approaching my faction's capital so placed an army on the road in between the city and the enemy in fortify stance. The enemy marched straight through my fortified army to besiege the settlement. Like I say, this is either a bug or a feature, however, I'm sure it shouldn't be possible.
    It’s a base vanilla bug, where one force can bypass another one to attack a settlement directly. Human players can do it as well, but don’t plan on getting much respect from your pals down at the neighborhood bar

Hi,
    I think i have a small visual bug with the sabean archers switching their composite bows to normal bows when they are going to shoot.

Possible bug to report : whenever I plan on recruiting ships for dacian or daco-thracian (but not thracians) faction in I.A. compain I get a nasty crash to desktop or a even "nastier" blue screen

Thracian cataphracts have "nude" horses) - without any armour or even saddles.

Please provide is with sufficient info on your reported bugs.
    Version of Rome 2, version of DeI, submods used etc etc...
    The more, the better.

I´m using basic DeI with the beta patch and the english faction names submod

The bows switching is simply the way Rome 2 works with animations. Each animation file has a certain model assigned to it and uses that model when in the process of being utilized. They probably have the wrong animation assigned.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Crash report : Pontus campaign in GC, 5th or so turn, while loading other faction's move (totally random). I'm using latest version with beta test patch and no population submod (sorry Dresden)