Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Why? We've had no other reports of that kind of bug, and we can't be certain that it's not just a base game-related bug either. Sometimes games or saves just get corrupted. There's few options for us to simply explain why you have a certain bug if it doesn't occur to us or anyone else. You yourself said that the bug wasn't present in a new campaign, so it's hard for us to give you a foolproof answer when something like recruitment points are added or removed through simple table entries, which don't seem to fix your issue since you tried to turn both CT and AE off.
    I see your point. Thanks for the input and help Dardo, and most certainly for all your work in keeping many of the good submods updated. Much appreciated mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I've loaded your savegame and I'm able to normally recruit both in karalis and tingis, with the exception that I cannot recruit every unit shown in tingis, only some of them. It says: different reform level required.
    Can't really say why, but seems to me there's something wrong into your loading packs.
    Hmm, and all you're using is the base DeI with the public beta?

I'll try disabling absolutely everything but DeI and the beta though I don't see how any of the other mods (blood and music) Would impact recruitment points.

By loading packs you mean the .pak files themselves? Should I uninstall then reinstall all of them? (Well the relevant ones that is, such as AE, DeI, cultural tensio and the public beta?)
    I was using the realism mod before this campaign, even though I've had it disabled the entire time could that effect this? (Though I find that doubtful)

You could try removing all other deactivated mods yes.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

None of the packs you're using can affect recruitment points.
    Maybe scipio's realism but I've never used it nor opened the pack.
    Seems to me that something is weird on a scripting level, since I had reform units shown even if not recruitable, thing I've never seen.

From the official DeI:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.

None of the packs you're using can affect recruitment points.
    Maybe scipio's realism but I've never used it nor opened the pack.
    Seems to me that something is weird on a scripting level, since I had reform units shown even if not recruitable, thing I've never seen.

From the official DeI:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.
    I've been able to see non recruitable reform units for as long as I can remember using DeI and it's never been an issue. I thought that was was normal for DeI to show you them, but say they weren't recruit able yet. Are you not suppose to see them at all in the recruitment pool in DeI before you hit the reform??? But this not being able to recruit any units because it says no recruitment points is an issue.

By clean out the data folder, do you mean just the mods or to entirely delete everything then reverify in steam (downloading essentially most of RII again) as well as re-downloading DeI?

I suppose I am also using wonders of the ancient world, but they don't impact either of those provinces....

EDIT:

I believe I found the culprit...I had this "More diplomatic outcomes" mod that shouldn't have touched any buildings, but somewhat was causing this being in my data folder.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1397295936

I can still see the non-recruitable reform units in the unit pool though...?
    Last edited by bthizle1; November 14, 2018 at 07:32 PM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

And this is exactly why we always recommend that people keep their folders clean.
    Reform units will be visible but not recruitable until the requirements are met

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Patrician

@ bihtzle:

But this not being able to recruit any units because it says no recruitment points is an issue.
    As I've said I don't have that comment, I can recruit, so there is something bugging your game
    By clean out the data folder
    I would redownload everything for having a clean game
    wonders of the ancient world
    is scripted, I've never used that but could be conflicting if not properly updated
    More diplomatic outcomes
    can't be this one, it modifies db only. Could be if one of the outcomes changes recruitment points. But since I didn't have any problem recruting with your save, I would say that's not the case

@ Flashheart

are you sure about that? Sorry for the ignorance but with all the factions I've played (rome, pergamon, makedon, athens, averni, ptolemai) I've never seen any greyed unit waiting to reform

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

@ Flashheart

are you sure about that? Sorry for the ignorance but with all the factions I've played (rome, pergamon, makedon, athens, averni, ptolemai) I've never seen any greyed unit waiting to reform
    I've seen that, Jake. As Flashheart said, they are greyed out and if you mouse over them it says 'different level of reforms required', or something of the kind.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Haha it’s the diplomatic outcomes mod... you have lowered recruitment for like 4 turns

I use that mod too, never had a recruitment issue though, wonders of the ancient world has a dei compatible version, but I'll need to check the scripts to see if anything went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Haha it’s the diplomatic outcomes mod... you have lowered recruitment for like 4 turns
    Why even make a mod that reduces recruitment time when recruitment is set to 1 turn?

To prevent recruitment?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Why even make a mod that reduces recruitment time when recruitment is set to 1 turn?

No, it changes the number of units you can recruit in a province.
    In Testudo I have lowered DeI's value by 1, so if you own just one region in a province (not your starting one, obviously) you can't recruit.
    I'll add a feature in the political overhaul to add the possibility for Testudo, and make something similar for an hypothetical DeI version.
    But not with the diplomatic intrigue, with an inner provincial administration divided into civil and military.

That steam guy made quite some new possibilities to the intrigues' diplomatic outcomes, he choose to put that too.

@seleukos:
    Really? Never seen that personally, it was the first time with bthizle's save.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 15, 2018 at 10:08 AM.

Makes more sense.

Hi,

This might be an old hat but I'll give it ago... Civil wars, is there any solution to have them work with DeI (and some other mods) used. Theres several threads that give hints that anti-aliasing is the key, disable it and so, disable mods, OK, tried that. Use older save game etc...no luck

None of this works, it's still so random that civil wars work, and what makes it worse it seems that the success percentage is around 10% what ever I do

Patrician

There is a dedicated thread for political issues/ideas, report here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-downloading
    And please be more specific about what your report is about, 'cause I don't understand if you want to have a pack for not having civil wars (which is possible) or you're making general considerations about civil wars in general.

PLEASE DON'T WRITE ABOUT POLITICAL THINGS HERE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE, USE THE SPECIFIC THREAD ONLY
    Thx.

There is a dedicated thread for political issues/ideas, report here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-downloading
    And please be more specific about what your report is about, 'cause I don't understand if you want to have a pack for not having civil wars (which is possible) or you're making general considerations about civil wars in general.

PLEASE DON'T WRITE ABOUT POLITICAL THINGS HERE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE, USE THE SPECIFIC THREAD ONLY
    Thx.
    Whooops Sorry Jake, my bad

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

@seleukos:
    Really? Never seen that personally, it was the first time with bthizle's save.
    For example, see this one, Jake;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    Whooops Sorry Jake, my bad
    You could still report bugs here ofc, I think Jake probably meant that if you have any observations for political matters specifically, you could use the other thread as well.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    You could still report bugs here ofc, I think Jake probably meant that if you have any observations for political matters specifically, you could use the other thread as well.
    Sure, but if most of the comments regarding political things are inside the same thread, I can really follow those comments.
    If they are everywhere, I (and/or anyone else) will have an harder time during the "overhaul" process, even in pre-beta stage.
    Many things (and not few) can concern politics, and is not easy to collect and balance them into a pack. i'll surely need to go reading again those comments.

Anyway, I'll take a break (I'm quite bored now, to be honest) from politics. I have some pre-beta packs, but it's a non sense to test them now. I want ideas to be soaked in my brain now, and then return working on it, less bored and with a clear mind.
    So I'll move working on Fides Populi.
    I just finished to read and understand entirely the scripts and made some tests (positive till now) and I want to release it in a 1.0 version (Aequilibrium Fide might be the name).
    ...then at some point I'll get bored so I'll return to politics to get bored again an re-return to Aequilibrium Fide and so on.
    ...and anyone can write what he wants where he wants (no, please, use the correct threads or I'll get bored again. )
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 16, 2018 at 01:53 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Sure, but if most of the comments regarding political things are inside the same thread, I can really follow those comments.
    If they are everywhere, I (and/or anyone else) will have an harder time during the "overhaul" process, even in pre-beta stage.
    Many things (and not few) can concern politics, and is not easy to collect and balance them into a pack. i'll surely need to go reading again those comments.

Anyway, I'll take a break (I'm quite bored now, to be honest) from politics. I have some pre-beta packs, but it's a non sense to test them now. I want ideas to be soaked in my brain now, and then return working on it, less bored and with a clear mind.
    So I'll move working on Fides Populi.
    I just finished to read and understand entirely the scripts and made some tests (positive till now) and I want to release it in a 1.0 version (Aequilibrium Fide might be the name).
    ...then at some point I'll get bored so I'll return to politics to get bored again an re-return to Aequilibrium Fide and so on.
    ...and anyone can write what he wants where he wants (no, please, use the correct threads or I'll get bored again. )
    Sure Jake, no problem. As for Fides Populi, I'm more interesting about it than Politics tbh