Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its definitely a problem with the Seleucids, especially if the satrapies don't rebel. They will tend to eat your supplies up badly. But, thats one of the only things you have to manage as that faction. Otherwise, if you keep the satrapies happy, its a pretty easy campaign.

We may further lower AI consumption of supplies to help with various issues regarding that.
    For me the supply consumption feels okay. It's enough to notice and has an effect but it's not debilitating

The only part that's annoying is the consumption because that can cause a faction-wide food shortage.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    sure . but if te fully reworked DLC patch not ready yet, then why add to every DLC-factions the whole AOR units ?
    AoR is same for all factions because that is the point of AoR. Easier to add the system to the campaign and slowly polish the units. We did not plan to do anything in this time frame and DLC was not released that long ago. I would say it is rather amazing that we already have it mostly revowrked into DeI style campaign in such short time.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoosh View Post
    For me the supply consumption feels okay. It's enough to notice and has an effect but it's not debilitating

The only part that's annoying is the consumption because that can cause a faction-wide food shortage.
    I believe we'll have a few supply system fixes in the next small update.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I believe we'll have a few supply system fixes in the next small update.
    Yeah the consumption can trigger an unintended snowball effect, this is something I will work on.

More info in the issue with food comsuption problems in my Seleucid Campaign. Finally my satrapies decided to move their armies to defend against Baktria but they did it too late so Drangiana and Aria fell to Baktria, and the only Aria 20 stacks was still in my lands so they started to raid me to get my food because when they lost the last settlement they stopped being my satrapy so I couldn't feed them anymore. So I had to raise an army to attack them and destroy their faction which I never intended to do, but this made Baktria be happy with me and accepted peace giving me 3000 gold. Still, it was too late because Baktria managed to destroy Drangiana and force me to destroy Aria. Note that the armies started moving not because of my war target, but because they ate so much of my food that they started to take attrittion themselves, so maybe if you make like a turn limit time in which they get supplies that would be helpful. In a historical point of view we could say that maybe you would supply an allied army 1 year but if they stay 10 years then that is just stupid, especially if they are satrapies which should obey to your orders.
    Furthermore, many turns before those events I was waging war against Nabatea and after destroying them I had to run like a coward chicken from the desert because all of my army almost died, no food and no population to replenish them, hard lesson learnt there, do not loot every settlement, and get away from those hellish deserts

Baktrian Yavana Somatophylakes appear to be very heavily armoured model-wise, but their actual armour is 8, despite them having heavy thoraxes, bracers and greaves. Most of them have even their faces fully protected with masks or thracian helmets. And they look beautiful! Though I think they could use having armour around 9 or 10.

Baktrian heavy cav archers don't have parthian shot (both heaviest ones and lighter of them). They can only shoot forward.
    Last edited by Alannon; December 18, 2017 at 11:30 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Alannon View Post
    They can only shoot forward.
    Is there any other way? ; P Now on a serious notes, thanks for report!

Also, Sweboz's guard spearmen with shieldwall formation seem to be not functioning as intended. At least in a fight against roman infantry they lost without inflicting a single casualty or just one - they don't seem to fight whilst in formation, only push forward. Maybe their weapon reach is malfunctioning?

And an idea, after playing some Empire Divided: Maybe imitate barbarian shieldwall formation in a similar manner as roman? Make their ranks tighter and let them hold formation. I'm not sure how to differentiate them then though, from civilised folk.

Patrician

I am not sure to which formation you are reffering Vanilla shieldwall? Or DeI shieldwall?

No I mean that you gave the barbarians that sword shielwall thingy, where the last rows hold spears, albeit uselessly. On Sweboz' spearmen it's not functioning (haven't tested others yet). But I mean, why not just let it work like roman disciplined formation, just with tighter spacing.

Also, phalanx ability doesn't work for Empire Divided units as well. I mean the ones say, Gothi have. They just start pushing forward and very, very rarely actually stab with their spears.

It seems that pikes are also a bit overpowered - as even the poor germanic pikes seem to frontally beat even tervingi oathsworn. I think phalanx would substract more weapon damage than it does from a unit that assumes it.

Patrician

There should not be any pike unit in that campaign to begin with ;P As for shieldwall, they probably have wrong animation or weapon entry.

KAM,
    I have an 103 impact damage to some unit with 60HP. I know that from this, half is AP; that means 51 is AP. This unit have an armor value of 40 and a shield value of 35. I don't know how this 51AP and the other 51 nonAP attack from impact deal with this 60HP. I think for impact damage the melee defense is useless. A little help is very welcomed. Thanks a lot.

I just wanted to say thanks for the great mod, it's the only reason I can get over my foolish preorder of Rome2 back in the day. I am still getting used to everything but I am thoroughly enjoying it, especially the regional bonus system where it pays off to specialize your cities.

In that regard I have a question/suggestion. Why are the regional boni limited to certain income like livestock and local commerce? Considering that animal husbandry was not as common as normal farming, wouldn't it make sense to include that in the boni? Or for coastal cities like Alexandria, why is the regional bonus limited to local commerce, when the town got famous because of its port (which would be considered maritime commerce, no?). It just feels weird to me, to exclude two main income sources from the boni.

Also I want note I am impressed by the quick responses on the forums. Great dedication!

KAM, any plans about adding formation attack to Roman sword & spear armed auxiliaries?

Many units will have it eventually, Kam has holded off adding it to all of them at once, to await finalization of the new form the of formation attack first.

Is it possible to implement a feature (perhaps as a submod), that you can replenish your troops on your ally's or friendly territory? I'm playing with a friend, so it's a bit annoying to continuously pull back my troops to replenish them. No way to pretend to be an auxilary legion.

Or how else can such replenishment be achieved? For now one of us has to take a city in the vicinity for himself for that purpose, but it's very clumsy and awkward.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

As of now, you need to be the same culture to replenish in allied regions. That's the point of the population mechanism.

But does it function thus? Can greeks replenish in greek allied regions? And if they cannot, will replenishment be back if the population is disabled? (I think there was such submod?)

It's pretty badass to use hoplites in not so obvious manners. Sure, they're great at holding a line, but what I've discovered is pretty effective and lethal as well, is after my high-quality hoplite units rout their opponent combatants, to flank other engaged blobs of enemies in phalanx mode, and keep double rightclicking them. This will perform a very aggressive, very potent push with your mobile wall of thorns. It does great damage and I've noticed it effectively reduces enemy morale in that section, I find that the effect is pretty realistic and the whole thing just works, it feels very satisfying.