Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering whether giving lowest stamina for mercenary thorakitai of athens was done on purpose? Every other hellenic faction get thorakitai with at least good stamina making athenina ones bit supbar IMO.
    Not every, at least Massalia - Celto-hellenic - poor and Romanized - low, Pontos - low, Bosporian and some other - average.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    Have you guys considered revisiting the negative diplomatic modifier for "expansionism"? I have never been a fan of it in the game, it seems so artificial... What are your reasons for keeping it?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    No faction will ever declare war against you otherwise.
    Yep, if we remove it the Forum will explode from passive AI reports.

About liberated/new faction names: if I get the way it works right, the "tiers" of names they get (if the one that's supposed to be picked exists already as a faction) is: original faction (start pos) > confederation > rebels > city name. I want to point out that "rebel" faction names are, in my opinion, a bit unoriginal. I liberated Cirta and got "Massaesylian Rebels" as an allied faction. I don't know, I don't like it. However, when I liberated Iol the "Iol" faction was created, which is cool! Have you guys considered giving city factions a higher priority over rebel factions when it comes to naming?

PS: what happens if Iol rebels but the corresponding rebel faction already exists?

PS2: when I liberated Iol I got a military alliance with the new faction, but when I liberated Cirta I didn't (I prefer this btw), why is this?

They should always be military allies, I am not sure why it wouldn't happen.

In terms of names, we did our best for many of them but for a lot we lacked options or research. If people have ideas for them we are more than happy to change it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Why can't I recruit the Harpax Hexarreme in Carthage? It shows up in the list of recruitable naval untis, but not in the recruitment panel.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Most likely it needs a proper reform.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Why can't I recruit the Harpax Hexarreme in Carthage? It shows up in the list of recruitable naval untis, but not in the recruitment panel.
    That's very easy to find out what the reason is that you can't recruit a certain type of unit, kpagcha. If the unit is greyed out and you mouse over it then it says for example that the different level of reforms is required. It's the same if you are just missing money or a certain population class.

It is not greyed out. It doesn't even show up in the recruitment panel.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

It is not greyed out. It doesn't even show up in the recruitment panel.
    Then how do you know that this unit is even recruitable for the Carthaginians? Isn't that the late Roman naval unit? I'm not even sure if you can have it in the grand campaign, or if it's only the Imperator Augustus one where you have this unit.

I am Rome, not Carthage. As I said, I know it is recruitable because it shows up in the recruitment list when you hover over the building:

It shows up in the list of recruitable naval untis, but not in the recruitment panel.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes but you do you have correct reform level?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes but you do you have correct reform level?
    I don't really know what reform unlocks that unit in particular, but yeah that must be the reason as you pointed out in your previous response.

What is the reasoning behind mali magnitudes outweighing boni magnitudes when upgrading buildings? This is something that was present in vanilla too which I wasn't a fan of. I would have thought it would have been removed in DEI. A specific example:

- fishing port II: 5 food, 60 wealth, +3 banditry, +10% piracy
    - fishing port III: 7 food, 75 wealth, -4 PO, -2 sanitation, +4 banditry, +15% piracy
    - fishing port IV: 11 food, 90 wealth, -10 PO, -4 sanitation, +5 banditry, +20% piracy

Each level not only increases some of the mali in a considerable amount that outweights the gain, but introduces new mali that didn't even exist in the previous one! How is 11 food and negligible wealth worth -10 PO, -4 sanitation, +5 banditry and +20% piracy? You take one look at the upgrade from III to IV and you quickly see the mali just go over the top compared to the boni .This happens with virtually every building. Why is it designed like this?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 10, 2018 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Double Posting.

I don't really know what reform unlocks that unit in particular, but yeah that must be the reason as you pointed out in your previous response.

What is the reasoning behind mali magnitudes outweighing boni magnitudes when upgrading buildings? This is something that was present in vanilla too which I wasn't a fan of. I would have thought it would have been removed in DEI. A specific example:

- fishing port II: 5 food, 60 wealth, +3 banditry, +10% piracy
    - fishing port III: 7 food, 75 wealth, -4 PO, -2 sanitation, +4 banditry, +15% piracy
    - fishing port IV: 11 food, 90 wealth, -10 PO, -4 sanitation, +5 banditry, +20% piracy

Each level not only increases some of the mali in a considerable amount that outweights the gain, but introduces new mali that didn't even exist in the previous one! How is 11 food and negligible wealth worth -10 PO, -4 sanitation, +5 banditry and +20% piracy? You take one look at the upgrade from III to IV and you quickly see the mali just go over the top compared to the boni .This happens with virtually every building. Why is it designed like this?
    I don't work with DEI but the negatives are pretty easily negated with governors/agents/temples combo in your city. +4 food is pretty helpful in later game when you've built farms everywhere and you need extra food for a port upgrade or city upgrades.

On a different note, thanks DEI team VH/N Rome campaign is a very fun total war experience as it really keeps you from steamrolling. Thanks again for all your work.

Back to hellenic thorax swords. Do they have to have different stamina lvl from poor to good, or they intended to have average/good stamina and i should report about thorax swords with low/poor stamina?

I think it depends on the level of professionalism, like between elite and part-time soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    On a different note, thanks DEI team VH/N Rome campaign is a very fun total war experience as it really keeps you from steamrolling. Thanks again for all your work.
    Are you having difficulties expanding on a specific area ?

There may not be anything the team here can do about this, and its relatively minor, but somewhat annoying.

The scenario involves 2 player armies, 2 AI armies with one in a city and one just outside of it. If I have one of my armies besiege their city this traps the garrison and enemy army in the city, which is fine. The unrealistic part, imo, comes when I move my 2nd army up to attack the AI's army outside the city. The game allows my besieging army to reinforce and participate in the battle whereas the army in the city and the garrison can't fight. The only way to get the honorable battle I wanted (my King vs their High King) out of the situation was to use Night Attack so that my besieging army couldn't reinforce me.

edit: An additional minuscule grievance. Even after having my King kill the enemy High King and destroy his army in a 1v1 battle, the AI having their capital surrounded with a single remaining army and no other territories to their name, the AI still has a low chance to join my confederation -_- playing on N/N
    Last edited by TheRazaman; October 12, 2018 at 09:10 PM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by TheRazaman View Post
    There may not be anything the team here can do about this, and its relatively minor, but somewhat annoying.

The scenario involves 2 player armies, 2 AI armies with one in a city and one just outside of it. If I have one of my armies besiege their city this traps the garrison and enemy army in the city, which is fine. The unrealistic part, imo, comes when I move my 2nd army up to attack the AI's army outside the city. The game allows my besieging army to reinforce and participate in the battle whereas the army in the city and the garrison can't fight. The only way to get the honorable battle I wanted (my King vs their High King) out of the situation was to use Night Attack so that my besieging army couldn't reinforce me.

edit: An additional minuscule grievance. Even after having my King kill the enemy High King and destroy his army in a 1v1 battle, the AI having their capital surrounded with a single remaining army and no other territories to their name, the AI still has a low chance to join my confederation -_- playing on N/N
    Yes. That has literally been there since the game was released and have been a to a certain degree an annoying exploit. Dont think we can do much.

Regarding the confederation. I believe your chances are highest with factions which are much weaker than you but have a relatively okay diplo status towards you. Beating them senseless in a war, AFAIK, you decreases your chances. The AI got honour, it will fight till the end. As it should.
    Noone in their right mind would bow to the enemy

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Yes. That has literally been there since the game was released and have been a to a certain degree an annoying exploit. Dont think we can do much.

Regarding the confederation. I believe your chances are highest with factions which are much weaker than you but have a relatively okay diplo status towards you. Beating them senseless in a war, AFAIK, you decreases your chances. The AI got honour, it will fight till the end. As it should.
    Noone in their right mind would bow to the enemy

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    Bummer but I figured as much. And as to the confederation, c'est la vie. I had some vacant jobs in the mines for those people anyways

Quote Originally Posted by TheRazaman View Post
    Bummer but I figured as much. And as to the confederation, c'est la vie. I had some vacant jobs in the mines for those people anyways
    That's racist