Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Have you checked your Empire Maintenance levels? You may need to specialize some characters, technologies and buildings to help with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadhod View Post
    While we are on the topic of Empire Maintenance (EM), is the team aware that all traits regarding EM give only a tenth of the actual value stated in the tooltips (traits with +1% EM actually only give +0,1%, the same goes for all negative values).
    May I add a further plea to this for the next update (or perhaps even a tweak)? For whilst the changing of the Matron's -5% effect on EM to -1% doesn't seem to be unreasonable, it has had a significant effect. So could we have a pass on what the design intent is supposed to be?

Currently (it seems - unless I misunderstand) that EM has a base (5% -> 10% -> 20% ...etc) per Imperium Level which is then added to per Region gained (1% to 2%) for each one - which appear to add 'whole' numbers as to genuine %age.

When -% traits and technologies are now gained, however, they have, apparently disproportionatly small effects.

So, if, for example, you currently have an EM of 20%, what should be the effect of 10 characters with -1% each? A reduction to 10%, a reduction to 18%, or...?

Which are supposed to be additive and which proportionate?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

The latest Hellenic overhaul was beautiful! What about something to compliment the new DLC/updates to focus on next? For example, the italic tribes or african nations?
    Not necessarily a massive overhaul but maybe a little bit of new shiny polish and love?

An overhaul for the RoR campaign is already in the works, both the Numidian factions and the Medewi have already received overhauls, not sure the other factions warrant one.
    Last edited by Dardo21; November 01, 2018 at 06:55 AM.

Wait like...upcoming reforms for numidians and Medewi? Holy , dream come true
    I do think there are still a couple factions that could use some love though, like Kartli, for instance, maybe a couple others as well

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Actually there are no plans to overhaul these factions. At least not for Numidia, Medewi might get a single unit.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah. Its weird why we havent gotten around to make major overhauls like we did for the romans for all factions.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Livin La Vida Loca View Post
    Wait like...upcoming reforms for numidians and Medewi? Holy , dream come true
    I didn't say that they were receiving any overhauls, I said that they have already received them, and the Medewi might get an additional unit like Kam said.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

The way AI choose to occupy or liberate provinces seens very random. Some of my allies liberated cities right next to them, some that they own 2 cities in the province and instead of annexing the last one they just liberated it. Sometimes they even just sack it. On the other hand, sometimes they choose to occupy a single province in the other side of the continent. Two of my allies, one from Spain and another from North Africa, travelled all the way to Germany to annex a single city each, where would be more obvious this time if they just sacked or liberated it.

Would it be possible to create some codes that an AI faction will always choose to annex a city if they already have one or more cities in this province and will greatly favor sacking or liberating if the city is so far away from their own territory?

Can I even recruit elephants as Rome? I own Mauretania, Numidia and Africa and none of these have neither regional nor aux recruitable elephant units.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    Can I even recruit elephants as Rome? I own Mauretania, Numidia and Africa and none of these have neither regional nor aux recruitable elephant units.
    Did you try mercenaries? In DEI they can be used as regular forces.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    The way AI choose to occupy or liberate provinces seens very random. Some of my allies liberated cities right next to them, some that they own 2 cities in the province and instead of annexing the last one they just liberated it. Sometimes they even just sack it. On the other hand, sometimes they choose to occupy a single province in the other side of the continent. Two of my allies, one from Spain and another from North Africa, travelled all the way to Germany to annex a single city each, where would be more obvious this time if they just sacked or liberated it.

Would it be possible to create some codes that an AI faction will always choose to annex a city if they already have one or more cities in this province and will greatly favor sacking or liberating if the city is so far away from their own territory?
    Yeah It is random (possibility/probability), check De Ai Arbitris submod tables if you want to understand how it works.

Think it might be possible by adapting one of the new script possibility coming from CA last patch. Not sure 100%, I'll verify that kind of script for later features about the political overhaul.
    Thx for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    Did you try mercenaries? In DEI they can be used as regular forces.
    Yeah I can get them as mercenaries, but I thought you could recruit them as regional or aux troops as Roma?

Does DEI also work for Hannibal at the Gates DLC?

Hey there:

I currently play as Rome and there is one thing that occurred to me and I was wondering whether this is intended or not: In stage 2 of the Roman campaign I am supposed to conquer Sardinia, parts of the Greek territory and do some stuff to strengthen my military. The main goal of stage 2 is to recruit at least 60 troops. This is quickly achieved with 2 armies and 1 fleet recruited. Problem is: when I do that stage 3 kicks in immediately. So I am forced to reach these subgoals I mentioned earlier with less then 3 full stacks. I think it is possible but it’s a mess trying to rearrange my troops to achieve that, especially with Carthage having a big fleet. Moneywise I am able to afford more troops, but I want to achieve these subgoals to experience the intended “story” and conquer Rome’s territory historically as correct as possible.

Thanks for your help. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fingy View Post
    Does DEI also work for Hannibal at the Gates DLC?
    Yeah, it uses all the systems and unit rosters, but apart from that nothing special has been changed compared to the vanilla HatG campaign.

I am trying to find any guide on how to pronounce faction and unit names in DEI. Any help?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    I am trying to find any guide on how to pronounce faction and unit names in DEI. Any help?
    I'm pretty sure that no such guide exists. And it will be a strenuous task to compile such a guide.

You may quite easily find information on correct pronunciation of Latin and Greek terms, but that won't be so easy in regard to Persian, Punic or Germanic names, let alone other less known languages used there.

Hm, I see. What sources did DEI modders to choose the names currently in use?

As of the actual pronunciation: I think I can manage with Latin, but any tips on Greek? All the time you see the AI and OI clusters. Correct me if I am wrong, but these are pronounced /e/ and /i/, right? Any other things to consider? I know in modern Greek there are some other clusters, especially consonantic ones, but do these apply to Classical Greek too? Is the position of the stressed syllable consistent or each word is different? If so, any rules?

As of the other languages you mentioned, yeah no clue, that's why I'm interested in knowing a bit more about how they're supposed to be pronounced.typo
    Last edited by kpagcha; November 02, 2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typo

Most of the early research was based on the research carried out by the EB & EBII team I believe. So you should probably go check their forums http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...m-Bibliography