Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

AFAIK you can simply change the army name in game. Unless I have misunderstood what you are actually wanting to do.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@kapcha: Dunno, report if you notice some land legacy
    @flash: , whoa, I always do that, dunno why I didn't think this before , sorry kapcha, just click on the army name and call them how you want
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 10, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

Given that several buildings can increase Experience so much so that recruiting new units is almost always an option - I do find that the loss of Experience due to natural reinforcement seem incredibly harsh.

It seems a shame in some respects that units that actually fight seem never to be able to maintain, nor increase, their Experience - and newly raised ones actually have more!

I would note that it seems that auto-resolving results in many more casualties, which exacerbates this problem. Historical numbers tend to suggest that it's the losing army that suffers many more casualties, but R2 battles seem rather harsh.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Given that several buildings can increase Experience so much so that recruiting new units is almost always an option - I do find that the loss of Experience due to natural reinforcement seem incredibly harsh.

It seems a shame in some respects that units that actually fight seem never to be able to maintain, nor increase, their Experience - and newly raised ones actually have more!

I would note that it seems that auto-resolving results in many more casualties, which exacerbates this problem. Historical numbers tend to suggest that it's the losing army that suffers many more casualties, but R2 battles seem rather harsh.
    I don't think it is as harsh as you describe it, Tedric. The units will indeed loose some experience while replenishing, but then the experience they gain in combact will still make them much more experienced than the fresh recruits. Or that's at least the development I have seen in my campaigns with DeI.

Talking about the battle casualties, I normally tend to loose 10-20% of an army, which I think it's a fair reflection of the actual losses suffered by the victorious army in and after a battle. Numbers given in ancient sources, which in turn cannot obviously be taken for granted, refer exclusively to the estimated number of soldiers fallen in the battle itself, but they nevery really take into account those who died of their wounds after, or losses suffered due to disease or desertion.

Hi,

One of the most welcoming changes to RomeII in my opinion was the coming of the family tree. Always been a big fan of that feature. However the one thing that really bugs me is that surnames don't inherit. Fathers surname is not passed to offpring and so on... Maybe this is something CA did not paid any interest (for what I'm not supprised att all), but can aything be done via DeI? Is this something that can be modded or altered?

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

How does political assassination targets validate?

I'm trying to assassinate some (a bunch) of my own family members both to control the spawn of useless characters and my political power in the senate, but even when I choose one of my best characters with high Cunning and an insane amount of gravitas I can only assassinate maybe 2 or 3 wifes of my family tree and that's it... no male, no general, no politician, no nothing, only members of the other factions. The tooltip says I must have more than 2 Cunning than the target to do it but it's obviously not all since the character I'm using have 14 Cunning, 1300 gravitas and cannot assassinate not even 3 Cunning characters with less than 50 gravitas.

The only way I found to KINDA control you family tree, and it's far from optimal, is to create a wave of insults amoung you own faction followed by the suicides of characters who hits gravitas 0.

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    The only way I found to KINDA control you family tree, and it's far from optimal, is to create a wave of insults amoung you own faction followed by the suicides of characters who hits gravitas 0. A hell of a family christmas, isn't it?
    By the way, I thought about that method when I was writing the post and just now I actually tried it. I call it the "You suck! / No, you suck!/ I can't take it anymore! *bang* / Neither I! *bang*" method. By doing this I reduced my family tree adult members from 36 to 16 in just one turn. Imagine a huge family debate that ends with 20 suicides in just one day! In the following turns every unwanted person that reaches adulthood will be insulted into suicide too.

And that's how Christmas night family reunion was born in ancient Rome, babes! By the way the other families seens to love when a member of your faction commits suicide and after my death spetacle they are loyal af. I like to think my family reunions are on the Colisseum now.

EDIT: can we have an event where a teenager enters the akademiya with a polybolos and wipe out some other teenagers now? It would help to control the family children spawn too.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 12, 2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

@ Timber68:
    not possible afaik

@VektorT:

- Assassination should work exactly as you described. From ruling party char to any other char. Could be that you didn't have enough cash? 2 cunning more and enough cash aren't sufficient?
    - mad teenager: nope, not possible

I will kinda overhaul these things (for what is possible). Assassination will probably become a sort of "ostricize", where char is erased and you get his ownings through incident/dilemmas. Suicide will be "political retirement", really more accessible with some backlashes.

@ anyone:
    Please, don't post political things here.
    Please post political things here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-downloading
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 12, 2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post

- Assassination should work exactly as you described. From ruling party char to any other char. Could be that you didn't have enough cash? 2 cunning more and enough cash aren't sufficient?
    - mad teenager: nope, not possible

I will kinda overhaul these things (for what is possible). Assassination will probably become a sort of "ostricize", where char is erased and you get his ownings through incident/dilemmas. Suicide will be "political retirement", really more accessible with some backlashes.

@ anyone:
    Please, don't post political things here.
    Please post political things here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-downloading
    Sorry, forgot about the other topic.

Anyway, just to finish this here. I do have enough cash and cunning, I just get a red message saying "This character cannot be assassinated". It happens for generals, politicians, married and unmarried women and men with low or high gravitas/stats no matter who I try to use to do the assassination. When my family tree had 36 adults only three wifes could be assassinated and I can't see anything special about them.

Also, I loved the proposed overhaul. It doesn't much sense that every single member of the family should be a politician and sending them to do other things is a better idea than, well, killing them or convincing them to do it themselves.

Patrician

Could you send me a save game, please?

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

In CiG campaign, after 6 months of winter, almost all my allies armies are starving to death, with huge casualties.
    It's seems that the ai don't know how to manage this.

Could you send me a save game, please?
    Sure, here it is:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5w40h1...games.zip/file

I'm sending you two files, both with the same issue, one of where I'm right now and the oldest I have in this playthrough before I insulted half of my family into suicide just for you to be sure it isn't related. I'm playing the last beta patch from nov 11, I don't remember if the problem was present before or not. The only submods I'm using is DEI Graphics Enhancement and Rome Total War Music, both from Steam, disabling them didn't changed the problem.
    *In the "Teste" file I currently don't have enough money, so just cancel some buildings.
    Last edited by VektorT; November 12, 2018 at 11:04 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    AFAIK you can simply change the army name in game. Unless I have misunderstood what you are actually wanting to do.
    @flash: , whoa, I always do that, dunno why I didn't think this before , sorry kapcha, just click on the army name and call them how you want
    Come on Jake even I know that and I haven't played for eons

Patrician

^ I'll speak to my analyst, I may have some modding syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    Sure, here it is:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5w40h1...games.zip/file

I'm sending you two files, both with the same issue, one of where I'm right now and the oldest I have in this playthrough before I insulted half of my family into suicide just for you to be sure it isn't related. I'm playing the last beta patch from nov 11, I don't remember if the problem was present before or not. The only submods I'm using is DEI Graphics Enhancement and Rome Total War Music, both from Steam, disabling them didn't changed the problem.
    *In the "Teste" file I currently don't have enough money, so just cancel some buildings.
    I've loaded teste2 and I'm able to use assasinate, with every ruling party char that has at least 2 cunning more and enough gravitas.
    Can't say why you cannot.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

I apologize if this was asked before but how come the Ptomelaioi no longer have a Galatian swordsman unit available for generic recruitment?

loving this mod, but, why would I bother upgrading anything beyond tier 2 when the sanitation, public order, piracy, banditry penalties seem to outweigh the other boosts? I just upgrade everything in my empire to tier 2 for some special exceptions and do just fine.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

@GS: sorry chief for double posting, forgot the one above.
    No worries mate. That's why I'm here

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I think he means the army names themselves. Its a vanilla text file if I remember, and I can't exactly remember the name of the .loc file.
    Mod is fantastic. It could be diversified in terms of equipment/units. I've noticed that there are no more corinthian style helmets, adding them back together with some other archaic greek helmets would be great. However my absolute crush are...Neoassyrians - oh my gosh those crested urartu helmets and tower shields are so sexy. It would be BOMBASTIC to have them instead local generic eastern units. There are Shipri Tukul already in game - increasing roster with more ancient style local units seems interesting option.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Defo no way for adding anachronistic equipment as this not against what we stand for. That is simply not this type of mod.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; November 15, 2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Defo no way for adding anachronistic equipment as this not against what we stand for. That is simply not this type of mod.
    Misunderstanding. This mod contains many "outdaded" items already, Urartu Assyrian helmets included, (Armenia,Pontos unfortuately uncrested version). There is Shipri Tukul unit for Parthia based on Babylonian spearmen unit. Neoassyrian Empire period is analogous to classical Greece era. As we know there are plenty of items from that era in game. For example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalcidian_helmet from 600BC~. Illyrian/Celtic factions have Halstatt culture equipment which is actually OLDER than Neoassyrian....Converting couple local eastern units into Neoassyrian style would diversify game make it spicy.

That's not a misunderstanding, if you believe that some units in the mod are outdated then you should report them, but delibaretly creating more outdated units because you think they'd look spicy would be the opposite of the correct course of action.