Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: EB v1.31c Rreleased!

Use only what you see from first page.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Reading the patch notes and it says that reqruitment has been changed for the Romans. Does this mean the reforms have changed or are they the same as in 1.2 ?

A couple issues popped out while playing as Saka in Mesopotamia.
    1 - the old palm.dds missing error is back. I fixed using the old dds 1.31b but it's awfull to see.
    2 - I caught both Seleucia and Babylon, fully razed them as usual, and left them behind. If my troops, loaded with mercenaries, are inside their province borders, the game goes CTD. If they are outside, nothing happens. Please, the borders back!

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

A very friendly suggestion to b0Gia de Bodemloze
    As you can see, when you make serious changes to the general gameplay, there may be the possibility that many people won't like them, or even more, hate them. In such a situation, it is preferable to give the choice to the gamer, to install or not install this major change.

I am talking about the borders. Personally, I hate the removal of them, and it is the reason that I haven't upgraded to 1.31c, and stayed to 1.31b. It's like the disgusting green triangles in the battle map, that you can remove from the preferences.txt.

As you can see, many people may also hate the green triangles or the removal of borders. So if you want to make a mod for most people and not only for personal use, it's better to give a choice in the installer, or by any other way, to install or not install such a major change.

Always talking friendly
    Last edited by GoldShield Guard; December 01, 2017 at 03:18 AM.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

The option of borders will return but this happens when i revert to a previous version.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

We are waiting!

Meanwhile, I made an updated version of the submod "No Big Trees". Details can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...he-giant-trees

In short, it removes the huge "Sequoia type" trees from the battle map.

Instructions: Download the attachment, extract, and then follow the instructions from the above link.

The update is for 1.31b, I haven't installed 1.31c, waiting borders to be back.

I hope you like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GoldShield Guard; December 01, 2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling!

That's a great submod GoldShield! I kinda wish I had not upgraded to c and stayed on b, oh well. When we get a new version with borders again will you make that submod current? Be awesome if you did.

_Nux_'s Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by GoldShield Guard View Post
    A very friendly suggestion to b0Gia de Bodemloze
    As you can see, when you make serious changes to the general gameplay, there may be the possibility that many people won't like them, or even more, hate them. In such a situation, it is preferable to give the choice to the gamer, to install or not install this major change.

I am talking about the borders. Personally, I hate the removal of them, and it is the reason that I haven't upgraded to 1.31c, and stayed to 1.31b. It's like the disgusting green triangles in the battle map, that you can remove from the preferences.txt.

As you can see, many people may also hate the green triangles or the removal of borders. So if you want to make a mod for most people and not only for personal use, it's better to give a choice in the installer, or by any other way, to install or not install such a major change.

Always talking friendly
    It's that major change for you border and unit arrow lol.
    1. Unit arrow - that is preferences and you can change every time.
    2. Border - game look more realistic and I even make invisible border to battle map to

_Nux_'s Avatar Laetus

b0Gia I have question about units equipment and description.

Cohortes Imperatoria Segmentata (Imperial Legionary Cohort) - Model have Lorica Segmentata armour.
    Cohors Imperatoria Danuviorum (Danubian Roman Imperial Cohorts) - Model have Lorica Segmentata armour.
    Cohors Imperatoria Levantinorum (Eastern Roman Imperial Cohorts) - Model have Lorica Squamata armour.

Description for all: ...equipped with Coolus bronze helmets, shirts of lorica hamata or squamata... (where is segmentata)
    Short description for Danuviorum say: Lorica Segmentata armour but missing in description.
    These units are late, whether historical wear Coolus helmets like say description or they wear other type of helmets like imperial gallic a, b, c, d etc. or imperial italic b, c, d etc.?
    Seems description and short description need to be updated.

_Nux_'s Avatar Laetus

Borders for Strategy Map

I see some people ask for borders.

Extract into "Rome Total War" folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3owxsb71g4bb6x/Borders+for+Strategy+Map.7z

Enjoy!

Danke!
    Much appreciated.

After long playing and campains all across virtual steppe, I've estabilished to put an alt playing on this mod untill the next or a newer version will come out. Too many CTD comparing it to the previous 1.31b version, the ambush bug going in and out of the game, the palm bug, misplaced textures on the game map, units that stay still on the spot in battle without exit fight mode or refuse to enter into formation or get stuck between walls in a urban enviroment, and after a certain year the game simply doesn't work anymore - 244bc in this version, the previous version had 227bc. This version has turned into a big frustration. Good luck with your next, you'll need it with the Alex engine.

Laetus

Default Re: EB v1.3 released!

Nice job with 1.3c Alexander release. I started as Rome on Medium/Hard and my faction went downhill after the Epirotes took Patavium, Bononio and Arretium. I find that the Alexander engine makes the game more challenging. It was very hard to kill the enemy with infantry. The don't go down easily. My finances did not seem up to the task of keeping my military growing sufficiently. I'm used to an easier campaign with RTR Platinum v. 2.0 and with Ab Urbis Condita. I look forward to my next campaign with Medium/Medium difficulty.

I'm confused about the 1.31c file. Is this just the Alexander version of 1.3? I don't see any other files for download...
    SIT VIS VOBISCUM

The ambush bug is caused by an unsuitable ai_formations file. That's why in the Roma Surrectum, they have seperate formations for BI/RTW and for Alex available in the launcher.

Edit: It says in the file they were modified for 1.31. I can't vouch the formations are the only possible cause, but for anyone having this issue it might be worth trying to switch them out for the formations of a similiar mod based on Alex.exe. The change should be savegame compatible.
    Last edited by BHL 20; December 23, 2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    The ambush bug is caused by an unsuitable ai_formations file. That's why in the Roma Surrectum, they have seperate formations .... switch them out for the formations of a similiar mod based on Alex.exe. The change should be savegame compatible.
    So I have to search for another Alex compatible formations' set and replace the older one with that, uh?

PS I had an idea and I tried it. I removed tha Saka family members' bodyguard units from the ambush party and it worked. I let them stay in the ambush and it CTD. Could ot be a proof that you're right?

Last edited by BHL 20; December 24, 2017 at 07:38 PM.

Perhaps I have a hint. Must be a trait Sapalbizes did not acquire while Aryandes an Satraces did. I will try to unerase the deleted save files from my HD, but it will take time I don't have right now. BTW I never had a chance to ambush with Sapalbizes leader in 1.31c, IIRC.
    Maybe I'm wrong on that.
    Also. I use the Tamerlane scorched earth tactic going back and forth on the enemy land sacking and leaving undefended towns behind me, so it's not rare that three or four of them revolt on the same turn causing a mercenary AOR shortage CTD. That's why I love Sakas, they move long distances changing AOR quickly - and without borders it's difficult to find AOR on the map unless everytime you read files.
    Thanks for the hint BHL.

PS The border patch is not savegame compatible. Just tested it, doesn't work.
    Last edited by Uesugi1971; December 24, 2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Type error fix

_Nux_'s Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Uesugi1971 View Post

PS The border patch is not savegame compatible. Just tested it, doesn't work.
    I tested and is savegame compatible, did you extract in correct location..... need to be extract in root of "Rome Total War" folder.
    Tray it again if not work take new link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ugmi82...tegy+Map+v2.7z
    Need to be extract in root of "Rome Total War" folder.

It didn't work at first, but I've figured out why and now it works. Thx nux.