Quote Originally Posted by macu67 View Post
    Can confirm, that new (old) script is working as charm. Thank you Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    Yep, definately working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedulus View Post
    Yep, it`s work fine!
    Good to know guys.

Default Re: Carthage AI completely broken

Maybe its working too well now but thats better than not working at all for the time being.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Big factions will recover without script. Carthage is problem 5 unit army is average. If they produce 3x5 this is unusual
    They do not produce armies . Their map can be blank. Other big factions are spamming them .
    They are only one weak on map. Village have 2 stacks they have one ship. They lose cities because AI is attacking them, then even that 5 last units can go on cruise for ten turns.

Monitoring with save editor. I need another tool for this .
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 14, 2018 at 06:33 PM.

Big factions do not recover without the script, which is the entire reason we introduce this.

The problem for the AI is it cannot manage multiple fronts very well at all. So even though it might theoretically have more armies than a smaller faction, once several smaller factions declare war on them they can easily pick apart the larger faction because they can strike where that a guy is not defending.

This leads to large AI starting factions being picked apart relatively early by small minor factions. Which should not be the case, and indeed was not the case historically.

Carthage 109,000 gold
    balance 16900
    Units 21

Other big faction 3x that. They will not loose with 40- 60 units This is turn No 7 or 8.
    Amenia is also big. 34 units.

I do not have problem with script. But next 10 turns Carthage will have 0 units. And stay there
    Carthage do not recruit or recruit small amount .

Scrip will delay destruction but in that case Carthage will not lose single city and smaller factions will never have chance
    Their client states will field big armies and clean up opposition.

Seleucids 4 units
    balance 20000

New trouble. This is with hardcore bonuses. Only really weak factions have 6-8 units

Started few quick turns campaigns. It seems that CA changed personalities. There is twice amount wars on map. In ten turns whole map is on war.
    There is no peace of any kind. Small taking on big with 6 unit army.
    They are all in war .

Devious tend to have multiple wars . They gang on devious . Who wins in first ten turns will face you . And they die quickly. After ten turns 3 regions factions are possible and common.

Script should be expanded. It is massacre
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 15, 2018 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Double Posting.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

I'm glad this script is back - my complaint would have been that Rome dies too easily when fighting against the Etruscans... I beat Rome as Epirus in only a few turns because the Etruscans rolled over nearly all their cities... The auto-resolve boost should help them as well as Carthage! I am beginning a new campaign now, so I will report observations if they are relevant.

Wait... I can't use the "patrol" stance anymore after loading this script - is that intentional, or am I getting a mod conflict? The ambush and raiding stances are still there for armies, but patrol is just gone!

Edit: Nevermind - this seems to have been caused by a mod conflict with the gladiator recruitment submod...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 15, 2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Double Posting.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    I'm glad this script is back - my complaint would have been that Rome dies too easily when fighting against the Etruscans... I beat Rome as Epirus in only a few turns because the Etruscans rolled over nearly all their cities... The auto-resolve boost should help them as well as Carthage! I am beginning a new campaign now, so I will report observations if they are relevant.
    Rome has the same script as Carthage. Are you seeing Rome losing every time ?

will you put an update for steam as well?

Yeah, once the new update for the new dlc gets released probably.

Yes Dardo is correct. This fix will get rolled into the next big update for the mod which will hopefully include a working RoR DLC campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Thanks for the report
    It doesn't seem to be incorporated in part 1/part 2 mod files? The dates there show 08/08/18 and 02/06/18 respectively !
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Libertus

Hello Dresden, do you think the next update will be save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    It doesn't seem to be incorporated in part 1/part 2 mod files? The dates there show 08/08/18 and 02/06/18 respectively !
    This fix will get rolled into the next big update for the mod which will hopefully include a working RoR DLC campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorrbert View Post
    Hello Dresden, do you think the next update will be save game compatible?
    I assume it will, although I can't speak for lord Dresden himself :p, I wouldn't count on any RoR saves to work though.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I assume it will, although I can't speak for lord Dresden himself :p, I wouldn't count on any RoR saves to work though.
    Of course. It is about the GC.

Yes the next update should be save compatible with existing campaigns.

In current campaign Carthage is recruiting units.
    It always depend where they move generals.
    If they move to the sea or in region with low recruitment thy will not have any army for long time.
    3 previous campaign can only confirm that in most cases they will be no threat at all. Max number of units in turn 40 is 5. They did not even lost that much . 2 regions (liberated) reducing their number of wars to two fronts (one front is sea front).
    It is same with Epirus if they stay on sea they are push overs. If they do not stay at sea good luck with them. Had to fight more than 8 pikes in one stack. In turn 5

AI is broken but this is CA bug . With script or not sometimes they are just open for blitz. With script they always wins and I could bet that they will take out half of the west before I will have one good stack . Current number in turn 8 is 36 units. They will have double stack and this is game over for most minor factions .
    Will see how this will develop. First time that I have Strong Carthage from start. If I add my auto resolve runs (10) there is only 10% chance that hey will pose a threat in first 20 turns

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123