Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

At this point, I more or less have a completed mod. I merged it with base 5.0 because it was too annoying to keep track of all the changes, plus since every model is replaced to remove model bugs there were more new files than old. Therefore, at this point it will be a full install all by itself. I am just holding onto it to do minor balance tweaks or look for additional bugs (though I haven't detected any so far), not sure how long everyone wants me to wait and iron those out before posting what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    At this point, I more or less have a completed mod. I merged it with base 5.0 because it was too annoying to keep track of all the changes, plus since every model is replaced to remove model bugs there were more new files than old. Therefore, at this point it will be a full install all by itself. I am just holding onto it to do minor balance tweaks or look for additional bugs (though I haven't detected any so far), not sure how long everyone wants me to wait and iron those out before posting what I have.
    <br>

I doubt there's any rush. In the long term people prefer a mod that has been properly tested to one that needs constant patching, as long as it does get a release.
    And when you do release it anyone playing it will probably make their own changes whatever you do.
    The important thing is that it works.

Currently I'm doing the latest version of your mod without the last patch, with my own changes (remove garrison script being one.)
    I'll probably look to slow down settlement growth next.

I'm happy to wait for an ironed out release. I am interested in a vague changelog though.

Have just completed a Scottish campaign of the Delphors 5.1 version - 50 settlements Normal difficulty.
    Game is very stable.
    No CTDs, battle crashes - I'm using the LAA "mod".
    Removed the garrison script - (this was a playthrough looking for any issues.)
    Spotted the following - some might be vanilla, some might be deliberate design choices.

York province 104% catholic

French ambassador in aztec land while it is was still invisible (I toggled fow to see what was happening)

AI leaving settlements totally undefended so you can just walk in.

Ships (Norwegian not pirate) in lake east of Tingvalla Sweden.

AI recruiting too many priests in one settlement

Kingdoms of jerusalem and antioch overpowered - maybe reduce size of units or slow down recruitment rate ?

Need to change the date from which gunpowder units are available - the date gunpowder was invented is very much disputed
    but in western europe you don't see bombards until about 1340.

Growth rates of settlement needs to be slowed down.

And I'd prefer Mongols not to be on the map at the start in 1180 but have them spawned at the appropriate time.

Scotland victory condition just 50 settlements - no specific ones.

AI not building blacksmiths (and therefore not higher armour buildings.)

Rebel settlements Cuba and North America have faction_creator spain, which looks a bit odd when occupied by native americans before contact.

1. I'll look at the York thing

2. Should be fixed, was part of base kgcm but I decided to remove it since it made too many things weird

3. I haven't seen this recently, I also re-did the ai with XAI, the kgcm AI was very dumb

4. Have seen this on my end but no clue why this happens, my only guess is generals can get mercenary ships and sometimes do that near a lake???

5. Have not seen this but can take a look. Which factions?

6. They are definitely overpowered despite their lackluster roster, I've made them less powerful but they still seem to conquer the map, will try to nerf them more.

7. One issue with the gunpowder thingy is the first time you see gunpowder in europe irl is far from when the later units were introduced, but you the player can choose to make the subsequent buildings for units faster than they were introduced irl. I'll check the initial gunpowder introduction date but don't wanna do a Stainless Steel where beyond that I restrict techs off into eras.

8. I have changed when settlements upgrade to the next level by increasing the population requirements. May further slow it down but so far the change has made my campaigns better.

9. I agree with the Mongol things and have a version like that for personal use, but base KGCM had them on the map at the start, and felt it was editing too much to take them away.

10. Will look into Scotland.

11. I changed each faction to have its own AI, and as mentioned before redid the campaign AI, hope that fixes the issue (it seems to in my playthroughs at least)

12. The faction_creator thing was probably done b/c faction creator determines the model on the map, and scarface probably determined the spanish style settlements looked less out of place there than the aztec style settlements. Unsure if I'll change it.

@Delphor
    many thanks for taking the time to reply to my random comments.

1) The descr_regions for York has 105% religion : { catholic 85 orthodox 0 islam 0 pagan 15 heretic 5 sungod 0 }
    (Peronally I'd reduce the pagan religion in british isles to a max of 5% - the entire region was very much chritianised in this period.)
    2) OK
    3) Be interesting to see how that works
    4) Yes Tingvalla is included in the Norwegian region which means it can recruit mercenary ships.
    (Simplest way to deal with it is split the Scandinavian region into two sets of regions - one with ships and one without.)
    (Looking at mercenaries the dates are somewhat off. Free Companies were mainly during the Hundred Years War - 1340 to 1440.
    Merc gunpowder units need a start date of about 1340, later for arquebusiers.)
    5) The priest thing happened to France, Scotland and England that I spotted.
    6) OK
    7) As someone who worked on stainless steel I'm used to the way it handles recruitment
    8) Settlement growth - will check this out in next update.
    9) I understand respecting base kgcm, but making the mongols historic as an option would be nice
    10) OK
    11) OK - will check out on next update
    12) OK - it's an easy thing to change to one's taste.

Thanks for all the hard work you're doing for this mod.

I added a second campaign to the mod, starting in 1180 (while the primary one starts in 1220) without the mongols on the map so they can invade.

Is descr_events dates in number of turns, or number of years? Giving some things their historically accurate years will amke them take forever to get in 0.5 years a turn especially starting at 1180.

I added a second campaign to the mod, starting in 1180 (while the primary one starts in 1220) without the mongols on the map so they can invade.

Is descr_events dates in number of turns, or number of years? Giving some things their historically accurate years will amke them take forever to get in 0.5 years a turn especially starting at 1180.
    An additional campaign is most generous.

From what I recall the decsr_events works in years.

I like a long campaign - if you slow down things like recruitment it makes it easier to build more buildings before the settlement upgrades.
    Also means you get longer for units to gain XP.

I have slowed down recruitment a lot, though it's still faster than big realism mods.

A bug that's been present since I started working on this mod relates to buildings which give xp to units. Specifically, buildings which improve unit xp not right out of the gate do not seem to work properly (e.g. jousting fields/woodsmen guilds).

As an example:
    jousting_lists castle requires factions { hre, antioch, france, jerusalem, england, portugal, spain, }
    {
    capability
    {
    free_upkeep bonus 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 1
    heavy_cavalry_bonus bonus 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 3
    cost 1600
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    tourney_fields
    }
    }

should give bonus 1 xp to heavy cavalry, but when I retrain my cavalry after getting the building, their xp doesn't increase. Is there a reason why, do I need to add something else?

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Maybe the heavy_cavalry_bonus bonus 1 condition or how it's called, doesn't work at all. There was a similar problem on og Rome engine.

It's not just for the heavy_cav, it's also for e.g. the woodsmen_guild bonuses. Furthermore, with the same bonuses, the xp bonus works in base medieval 2.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Maybe it's for recruitment only and not for retraining?

Had this CTD - context : I had a fleet in Famagusta. Byzantines had 3 fleets outside but not blockading.
    My allies Antioch and (not my allies) Venice attacked one of the Byzantine fleets.
    The battle screen came up and as didn't want to be at war with the Byzantines I withdrew.
    And then this happened :

22:28:11.765 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 1587A1C2 against faction 1587A7EA
    22:28:12.015 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    22:28:12.714 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Could be a vanilla bug ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the xp heavy_cav bonus - it's been an issue since 2007 apparently see this post :

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=1#post1612354

Appears to happen mostly when re-training a unit. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
    sometimes if there are several bonuses to apply (maybe armour / xp) then it'l apply one per turn.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; March 14, 2023 at 05:59 PM.

Had this CTD - context : I had a fleet in Famagusta. Byzantines had 3 fleets outside but not blockading.
    My allies Antioch and (not my allies) Venice attacked one of the Byzantine fleets.
    The battle screen came up and as didn't want to be at war with the Byzantines I withdrew.
    And then this happened :

22:28:11.765 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 1587A1C2 against faction 1587A7EA
    22:28:12.714 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Could be a vanilla bug ?

Regarding the xp heavy_cav bonus - it's been an issue since 2007 apparently see this post :

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=1#post1612354

Appears to happen mostly when re-training a unit. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
    sometimes if there are several bonuses to apply (maybe armour / xp) then it'l apply one per turn.

Checking the log for my last session I notice :
    Code:
    22:17:46.306 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 927, column 98
    unit(Elephants Mercs) does not match up to the ownership for faction(timurids)
    22:17:46.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1018, column 98
    22:17:46.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1031, column 98
    22:17:46.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1032, column 107
    unit(Elephant Artillery Mercs) does not match up to the ownership for faction(timurids)
    22:17:46.385 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1561, column 100
    unit(Javelinmen) does not match up to the ownership for faction(portugal)
    22:17:46.390 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1605, column 100
    22:17:46.390 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1636, column 103
    unit(Al Haqa Infantry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(turks)
    22:17:46.395 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1667, column 100
    22:17:46.400 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1698, column 103
    22:17:46.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1744, column 100
    22:17:46.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1775, column 103
    22:17:46.405 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1798, column 119
    unit(Sword and Buckler Men) does not match up to the ownership for faction(portugal)
    22:17:48.211  [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs,  village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) ->  core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    22:17:48.211 [data.invalid]  [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town ->  wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) ->  core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    22:17:48.211 [data.invalid]  [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town ->  wooden_castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) ->  hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    22:17:48.211 [data.invalid]  [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town ->  castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) ->  core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    22:17:48.211 [data.invalid]  [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town ->  castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) ->  core_castle_building[2](castle)
    22:17:48.211 [data.invalid] [error]  Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle,  port[0](port) -> castle_port[0](c_port)
    22:17:48.211  [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs,  large_town -> castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) ->  hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    22:17:48.211 [data.invalid]  [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town ->  castle, hinterland_mines[0](mines) ->  hinterland_castle_mines[0](c_mines)

Hi all,

I've been playing this mod for a while and really enjoying it - it's totally re-invigorated my love of the game. Unfortunately I've found myself stuck on a recurring CTD at the start of turn 377 that I just can't shift. I suspected it may be Timurid-related, and looking at the log suggests this may be the case. I get this:

21:53:24.696 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_events> at line 2401 in mods/KGCM/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:53:24.696 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 2405 in mods/KGCM/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:53:24.697 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/KGCM/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/timurids_invasion_warn.tga
    21:53:24.697 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/timurids_invasion_warn.tga.dds
    21:53:24.697 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/timurids_invasion_warn.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    21:53:24.718 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    21:53:24.718 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    21:53:25.367 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Is it the Timurid warning that's messing things up here? Or is this just a co-incidence? Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this? I'd love to continue this campaign. I've managed to sink 290hrs into it so far, getting to 60-70 regions as Norway. I've never known a TW campaign stay this fun for this long (normally I get bored about 40 regions in), and I think it's testament to how good this mod is that I'm still excited to crack on at this point - but I can't!

Looking at the mismatches, I've made enough changes to the units and buildings I'd like to wait and see if this problem persists after the update. Where are the log files located? My logs folder in M2TW base folder is always empty.

Also, when it comes to the xp thing, yeah it matches what other people are saying. I'll leave the bonuses in even if they're finnicky, but at least that's one thing I don't have to fix lol.

Looking at the mismatches, I've made enough changes to the units and buildings I'd like to wait and see if this problem persists after the update. Where are the log files located? My logs folder in M2TW base folder is always empty.

Also, when it comes to the xp thing, yeah it matches what other people are saying. I'll leave the bonuses in even if they're finnicky, but at least that's one thing I don't have to fix lol.
    That log folder is also always empty for me, but I noticed in the CFG file there was a log location set, and it was pointing to a file called system.log in the base Medieval II Total War folder (not in the mods/kgcm/logs folder or the logs folder).

I doubt my error will be affected by the update as I think it's not building-related, but what I might do is fiddle around a bit with the timurids events in the cfg file and see if that helps.

The campaign script has also been changed since then so maybe the bug is fixed? But I'll take a look.

The campaign script has also been changed since then so maybe the bug is fixed? But I'll take a look.
    Thanks (if you're replying to my error rather than the Famgusta fleet one - can't quite tell!)

I did try removing the Timurids warning and invasion from the campaign script, but got exactly the same error with the same things in the log, so perhaps I did not exactly do it correctly :p

I'll continue fiddling around, but if you do get a chance to offer any thoughts or mess around with anything to help me out I'll be super-grateful, as I have managed somehow to spend 290hrs on this campaign and have become quite attached to it!

Yeah, I was talking about your bug. I just played a campaign and set the timurid invasion to happen imminently, and encountered no crashes, so hopefully my updated fixed it? I doubt the update will be save game compatible though.