Thread: Dwarves campaing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Artifex

Default Re: Dwarves campaing

I play version 1.5 but I have modded the dwarfs and most other factions units to have very different stats and don't know what the vailla experience is like. Could someone describe in a bit more detail what makes the dwarfs lose? They seem to start so strong and with several karaks so even if some would fall they remain in a strong position. What is it that happens to the dwarf player?
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Default Re: Dwarves campaing

They have too many units to upkeep and they go bankrupt immediately. Their economy sucks and even if you disband all your non free upkeep units you will have very little money to spend on your first turns. Plus they start at war with many evil factions and that drops their reliability (a side-effect of the way diplomacy worked in vanilla).
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor