Thread: 1403: Kingdom Come Total War AOC Overhaul

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon1 1403: Kingdom Come Total War AOC Overhaul

1403: Kingdom Come
    An Age of Charlemagne Overhaul

I've been pretty addicted to the new Kingdom Come game and it has really piqued my interest in the time period of the early 15th century. I tried playing a mod for that time period for Medieval 2 but the graphics and gameplay mechanics just dont do it for me anymore so I decided to just make a mod for Age of Charlemagne. The Medieval Kingdoms team is very generous with their awesome assets so I've been working on transforming AOC into the world of Kingdom Come. The best part of this mod is that it will actually be alot easier and faster to work on than other mods I've done because everything needed has already been made, including the battlefield buildings and unit cards.

I've been doing a lot of research on this time period and there were some really interesting conflicts including the Lancastrian era of the Hundred Years war with battles like Agincourt, the Hussite Wars in Bohemia where gunpowder first came to dominate the european battlefield, the Lombard Wars in Italy that established the great cities of Venice, Milan, Florence, Naples and the Papal states as the regional powers and many others. This mod will only focus on this time period of the 15th century so it will have large and powerful starting armies and cities, 12 turn years and longer research times.

Features:
    -Sole focus is the first half of the 15th century and providing as historically accurate a recreation as possibly within the game engine
    -12 turns per year
    -Instead of having to research new buildings and units to get more advanced units you will start with the infrastructure to recruit most of the units/ in effect research time will be replaced with class based units and the large sums of money required to recruit and maintain them. Tier 1 units will be commoners, Tier 2 will be professional soldiers and Tier 3 will be Knights and Nobility. There will be some research though that allows you to upgrade certain units to their later 15th century variants using sallets, great bascinets and other age appropriate armor and equipment.

Unit Roster Plan:

The new faction rosters will have 4 levels:
    1. Commoners that have been outfitted in light equipment
    2. Professionals that have been outfitted with the heavy equipment
    3. Knights and Nobility with the best equipment money can buy

These first three will be available from game start and will allow you to recreate an early 15th century army.

4. You will use the technology tree to research later 15th century equipment to replace the equipment of all the above warrior classes.

Credits:
    This mod would not even exist without the awesome work of the Medieval Kingdoms team and their amazing modelers and UI developers (Please support their modding project here) and the mind blowing work of the great ArtStudio who created all the building models (Please support his modding projects here).

Campaign Screenshots

New Campaign that recreates the dynamics of early 15th century Europe (WIP):

Medieval City Building Models by Artstudio:

Campaign Building Models by Artstudio and Cards by Finix:

Historical Research

Planning on giving each individual knight in the top tier units this amount of attention:

15th Century Helmets and Armor:

Very Early:

Early:

Middle:

Later:

Keep checking back in, just going to keep updating this post with new updates! Hoping to have this whole thing done in the next couple months.

I'm still learning about this time period so any relevant feedback is also appreciated
    Last edited by Athos187; March 09, 2018 at 01:49 PM.