Thread: Adding in NEW FACTIONS to Rome Remastered

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon1 Adding in NEW FACTIONS to Rome Remastered

We now have a possibility to add brand new factions to Rome Remastered. There is no limit, but the memory requirements will grow with each faction expotentially. Total Conquest at present has 51 factions with no problem.

Steps:
    - Add all ownership entries in export_descr_unit. Minimum one unit.
    - Add entires to export_descr_buildings
    - Add entry to descr_standard (if new symbol). This might involve creating a new symbol file if you’ve run out of space. There are 4 per image here.
    - New sounds (not explored by me) probably need to be added in the soundbank if you’re using a new culture
    - Descr_sm_factions_difficulty.json contains faction difficulties
    - Fill out a new entry in descr_sm_factions. If making a new faction banner, you can copy an existing cas and edit the texture by editing the file in a text editor. In my personal experience I had to scale it down though. Notepad++ is just fine, even if the texture name is of a different length than the original.
    - Descr_sm_faction_logos.txt needs a new entry
    - Descr_character.txt needs entries for all character types for new faction
    - New entry required in descr_banners. These paths will also point you to files you need to change for the faction battle banners
    - UI folder: faction_icons, and various unit info as well as captain banners (alive, rebels and dead). Game can ignore missing captain portraits.
    - Text in campaign_description
    - Text in expanded_bi. I like to prepare all entries at the bottom of the file for each faction
    - Faction symbols in menu\symbols\fe_buttons_feral
    - Add the faction to descr_faction_groups
    - Add win conditions to descr_win_conditions.txt
    - Descr strat

- You should have descr_sounds.txt and vanilla's (or edited) sounds folder in your mod
    - Run the game with a command "snd_save_events". This will create music states. Otherwise you'll crash on custom battle.

You'll need to add an admiral texture as well, otherwise the ship will be transparent.
    Descr_event_images < or something like that needs update to switch statements. Just add new ids where eliminated videos are.
    Last edited by komisarek; December 06, 2021 at 01:38 AM.