Page 69 of 239 FirstFirst ... 194459606162636465666768697071727374757677787994119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4780

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release - New Patch Released 17/12/13

Quote Originally Posted by bre213 View Post
    pleas fix whenever i try to fight orcs in an open field the range units always run away so it takes forever to get them since they keep running and running and running for no reason
    That is called 'skirmisher' mode and is a feature of all total war games. You must be very new to all of this hahaha. You have to be clever an send troops behind them and then basically force them to run into you somehow otherwise they will just run until they run out of ammo or the timer runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Well, I guess I'll have to live with the "rascally look"

On a more serious note: been playing a Lothlorien campaign. Everything seems to work fine! The game seems more balanced: Gondor holding out. The only problem sofar is Balin. He arrives at Khazad-Dum but does nothing. Isn't it possible to script that he attackes Khazad-Dum directly? He either wins or looses. Or maybe you can use only for players. So when his campaign isn't selected by the player he gets send off map.
    In the next release we have fixed that. As AI Balin will just get Moria, no more milling about around the lake for 40 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by bre213 View Post
    also what submods can work with this like to improve it
    Well there are two answer:
    1) If you have no modding knowledge: No submods work with DaC
    2)If you have a great deal of modding knowledge: Every submod works with DaC

Which ones in particular do you have in mind and I can be much more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by RInger View Post
    I went to start a new campaign after downloading that recent patch, and it doesn't appear that any of my town halls are capable of recruiting diplomats, anymore. I looked at a few different factions, and none of their town halls could recruit diplomats. Is this supposed to happen, or do I need to re-install?
    The Town_Halls serve a much different purpose and i have finally re-written their descriptions for the next release, as Redgrave says, they have been moved to join the spies.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Yes, there is only one Admiral, only one. And he does not share power!

BTW, you guys included some GREAT art, but the faction intros use M2TW art. It feels kinda out of place, and it shouldn't be too hard to scrounge up some generic event pics for the intro text .
    Sadly, our 2d artist has run out of time and although we will wait faithfully for his return, in the meantime a new artist has been found and he has already made half of those images you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    I played with the Galadhrim and Balin was just standing there near the fort , doing nothing .So i decided to take Moria for myself and sieged it for 2 turn and then Balin came next to me , so i lifted the siege and the next turn he sieged Moria and took it . Other than that: is it meant if i kill Kamul and there are still alive generals for the Mirkwood orcs ,the faction gets destroyed ?
    This was an issue caused by all Teutonic family trees, it has since been updated and they should expand their family much sooner now. Generals do not necessarily mean family members, you always have to remember that.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release - New Patch Released 17/12/13

Very nice job lads!
    Nice units, nice EVERYTHING but even the slightest change in export_descr_unit ends in a ctd!
    I fear the same will happen with any change in i.e. battle_models.modeldb etc.
    Should you fix this, then we will have a submod much superior to the original TA TW mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleander View Post
    Very nice job lads!
    Nice units, nice EVERYTHING but even the slightest change in export_descr_unit ends in a ctd!
    I fear the same will happen with any change in i.e. battle_models.modeldb etc.
    Should you fix this, then we will have a submod much superior to the original TA TW mod!
    Use Notepad++ to make changes in DaC files.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

In my Ered Luin campaign Balin has took Khazad-dum and was at war with Dunland. The Lothlorien Elves looked like they were on their last legs with only west Lorien left but counter attacked, killed Khamul and wiped out the SOM. I love the armour upgrade for the Dwarven Warriors, got a real shock yesterday when playing abit of my Erebor campaign and seeing them - they look marvelous. Gondor and Rohan have it very hard, Gondor just about hanging on with a few scattered provinces but Rohan was destroyed. The Enenwaith battles were taking their toll so I eventually sold Suduri to Lindon Elves - it was probably for the best!

In regards ro Ered Luin's units - I like the idea that someone else suggested of having the Dwarfen sprinters. I played the mod they were in some time ago, not exactly sure which but they were most useful in running down Snaga and other skirmishers.

Just having a quick game of the Vale of Anduin while looking at the building browser of the Town Hall and its various upgrades - none seem to be able to recruit a diplomat.
    Last edited by BKB; December 22, 2013 at 06:23 AM.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Hi I play hotseat most of the time and Im getting a lot of crashes when fighting towns/cities/etc: (Not always but a good part of the time and I don't like to auto-battle) Not sure if the crashes are different then regular single player campaign. Also when Im not playing as Dwarves of KD they spawn (Not really spawn but the crown/star is at the very to right of the map (Where Sauron's capitol use to be.)

Also how can you get culture faster? Is it best to exterminate or occupy to get culture faster? Or does it matter?

Hi guys!

I have a serious problem. When I play any faction after a few years when I finish turn error message pops up and I have to close the game. Here I paste error logs.

Thanks for any help

system.log.txt

Dunhird champions use their clubs one handed fix pls

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker15 View Post
    Also how can you get culture faster? Is it best to exterminate or occupy to get culture faster? Or does it matter?
    In an Elven campaign you'll have to build a artists studio
    As Dwarves a Pub
    As Dunedain a School
    As Northmen standing stones

All these Buildings can be built in a TOWN, a Motte and Bailey will not be able to build this, because there are not enough inhabitants

Is it a normal thing that I cannot build any recruit any balista or catapult even though I'm able to build a respective workshop? I play as Isengard.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

something regarding dol amroth. shouldn't dol amroth be elven instead of dunedain? yes dol amroth was man but dol amroth had a long elven ancestry and its culture was elven too hence why their troops are actually quite close to lindons i've noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Gratzy2 View Post
    something regarding dol amroth. shouldn't dol amroth be elven instead of dunedain? yes dol amroth was man but dol amroth had a long elven ancestry and its culture was elven too hence why their troops are actually quite close to lindons i've noticed
    You have descended into my world now Gratzy! Hahaha.

I am afraid there is virtually no cause to suggest Dol Amroth was elven, I grant you that the line of the Princes' were half elven and half Númenorian but the blood of the common folk was Númenorian or mostly lesser Gondorian as the Númenorian's mixed with the folk that already lived in Belfalas. Additionally, if we take the account of Galador as the first prince, then Dol Amroth was named for Amroth who drowned at sea meaning that the major city of Dol Amroth was established after Amroth's death and therefore after Edhellond had been effectively abandoned.

You must remember that the Prince's only recorded account of having Elven blood is the marriage of Imrazor and Mithrellas, and Mithrellas was part of the group who were heading to Edhellond to leave Middle-earth. So as I say, there is very little evidence to suggest it should have Elven culture. The blood of Númenor runs truer in the men of Dol Amroth than in Gondor proper, so if anything, it has the most cause to be of Dúnedain culture as it is the most populous land of the remaining sons of Númenor.

@Ingvar:
    There was an oversight with the catapult re-arrangement, it has already been fixed and will work properly come the next release.

To any who ask it, Diplomats are now trained out of the Spy building tree. Town Halls have been given a different focus.

Hey... Awesome mod. I really love the artwork tough... Are all those pics hidden in a folder somwhere? They look like good background material

You have done a fantastic job guys Only two points that I would like to share with you:

Currently I'm playing with the Dunedain in the North. The only problem I've found so far are the reinforcements received by enemy's (Angmar) settlements who are based in Gondorian spearmen volunteers.

Apart I've not been attacked for the moment (turn 40), despite I play the extreme difficulty.

Is there any way to zoom the world minimap in? I can hardly see who's where.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    Is there any way to zoom the world minimap in? I can hardly see who's where.
    F2 and F3 keys.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hi, great mod! I really enjoy Lindon, but I have one problem. When I want to play as Dwarves of KD, at the beginning does not appear any text offering a choice about next steps. And I think, that during play as Lindon, no notices about events (par example falls of some settlement etc.) appear. I can not figure out what could be the problem. Thanks for any help!

Is there a particular reason why the zoom buttons were removed from the mini-map?

Quote Originally Posted by M07 View Post
    Hi, great mod! I really enjoy Lindon, but I have one problem. When I want to play as Dwarves of KD, at the beginning does not appear any text offering a choice about next steps. And I think, that during play as Lindon, no notices about events (par example falls of some settlement etc.) appear. I can not figure out what could be the problem. Thanks for any help!
    That means your campaign script isn't firing so you will need to re-install or re-download.

Quote Originally Posted by RInger View Post
    Is there a particular reason why the zoom buttons were removed from the mini-map?
    Literally read just two posts above. I do not know why they were removed.

sorry if posted before, I am playing Vale of Anduin, I took the last settlement of mountain orcs. Their general was outside the settlement , he became rebel with full stack army. When I attacked him almost all of army was silver surface.