Page 72 of 239 FirstFirst ... 224762636465666768697071727374757677787980818297122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 4780

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release - New Patch Released 17/12/13

what do you guys think are the most fun factions to play as? I tried playing as Imladris but I'm so far away from the action that Mordor just steamrolls everything

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release - New Patch Released 17/12/13

Do the culture buildings for Rohan give income as well, or no? Trying to understand the point of them.

I would suggest trying some of the brand new factions if you have played more or less the vanilla factions before. Dol amroth or either vales come to mind...Dol amroth also comes with a very powerful roster...but in the end play what sounds fun...If you don't like it try something rlse...not that there is a lack of available factions

I'll try Dol amroth. I like that they have a nice roster and are close to the action, so I can actually help Gondor stem the tide of Mordor/Harad

I have a problem with MEGA the website that the patch is on does anyone else have this problem or is it just me
    specifically it just says temporary error retrying

hi guys thx for amazing mod.
    i have problem with editing Edu(export decr units).when i change any units stats ,game crashes at start.Any suggestions so i can change unit stats as i wish?
    ps:i know my way around edu so i am not new to editing it

Quote Originally Posted by VladVonCarstein View Post
    hi guys thx for amazing mod.
    i have problem with editing Edu(export decr units).when i change any units stats ,game crashes at start.Any suggestions so i can change unit stats as i wish?
    ps:i know my way around edu so i am not new to editing it
    Unless I'm thinking of a different thread, I think there was a reply to a similar problem a few pages back that said to only edit it with Notepad++.

Quote Originally Posted by Homiealmaya View Post
    I did that already except for minus the "Remove/ delete currently failed Third Age folder/ files from your steam/../ M2TW / mods folder." part. What exactly does that mean? I get how to verify the steam game cache but I don't know what you mean by removing the failed Third Age folder. That might have been the problem. Furthermore, is there anyways told just uninstall DAC so I can redo the steps without having to start by installing Third Age completely?
    That means you need to uninstall/ or just delete the Third_Age_3 folder from your M2TW/ mods folder. It depends on which method you used to install TATW in first place ( renaming one of your Kingdoms campaigns method etc.) .

You can't just uninstall DAC cause it doesn't work like that, it overwrites original TATW files. You can install TATW 3.2 once, test it does it work and can you start a campaign, and if it works, make a backup of whole Third_Age_3 folder somewhere so you can just copy/ paste it back in case you need to install another mod etc.

I have an SS disk for M2TW so copy/ pasting TATW folder ( 8 or some GB in size) is like driving a very fast car compared to some HDDs.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

allright trying notepad++ right now
    Edit: it works thx ofr help
    i got another question concerning Edu .whats the name of cardolan units(rangers or sentinels) at the Edu?
    i couldnt find them
    Last edited by VladVonCarstein; December 24, 2013 at 06:33 AM.

There is some kind of glitch. After destroying OoMM and Angmar, goblin and rhudaur units became silver surfers (texture disappeared).

PS: the mod is awesome

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

Playing with the new patch, things seem more balanced but there are still a few issues:

Mordor still steamrolls Gondor- stack spam is really a problem, by turn 30 I counted no less than 20 Mordor full stacks around Osgiliath, and I found out (with my spy) that some of them had Olog-hai in them. Mordor are waaay too strong. They've also taken Edoras, Onodrith and the Hornburg by turn 100. Dol Amroth have 10 full stacks sitting around their eponymous capital, just doing nothing. Enedwaith are still too strong and they now own half of western Gondor, as well as a good chunk of Dunland.
    One does not desire the power of a nation,
    So much as one treasures reputation.
    This poem is not a 'trap', nor a 'trep',
    It is simply a device for the collection of rep.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i also think mordor is a problem. on the one hand, they grow much too large too quickly, but on the other hand, the auto-garrisons in osgiliath and cair andros make them fall ridiculously often when attacking here. i guess modders need to face the fact that auto-garrisons just arent working well with the game.

i suggest to trim down mordor a bit, and to dispense with the whole mobilization script for gondor, and let them have professional forces form the start. considering they are fighting against all the time in the east, all these militia armies are just laughable, both game and lorewise. i had an easy time with gondor as corsair, simply because their armies are crap.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by VladVonCarstein View Post
    i got another question concerning Edu .whats the name of cardolan units(rangers or sentinels) at the Edu?
    i couldnt find them
    Look in the descr_units file to get the internal names from the external ones the game displays. Then use the internal names in the EDU.

Quote Originally Posted by Andurix View Post
    There is some kind of glitch. After destroying OoMM and Angmar, goblin and rhudaur units became silver surfers (texture disappeared).
    Silver surfer issues from factions becoming slaves is known and is being addressed for a future patch.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    i also think mordor is a problem. on the one hand, they grow much too large too quickly, but on the other hand, the auto-garrisons in osgiliath and cair andros make them fall ridiculously often when attacking here. i guess modders need to face the fact that auto-garrisons just arent working well with the game.

i suggest to trim down mordor a bit, and to dispense with the whole mobilization script for gondor, and let them have professional forces form the start. considering they are fighting against all the time in the east, all these militia armies are just laughable, both game and lorewise. i had an easy time with gondor as corsair, simply because their armies are crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgrave View Post
    Playing with the new patch, things seem more balanced but there are still a few issues:

Mordor still steamrolls Gondor- stack spam is really a problem, by turn 30 I counted no less than 20 Mordor full stacks around Osgiliath, and I found out (with my spy) that some of them had Olog-hai in them. Mordor are waaay too strong. They've also taken Edoras, Onodrith and the Hornburg by turn 100. Dol Amroth have 10 full stacks sitting around their eponymous capital, just doing nothing. Enedwaith are still too strong and they now own half of western Gondor, as well as a good chunk of Dunland.
    We are now working on a cost structure and load balancing for units. And the Mordor/Gondor conflict will be the first factions addressed. And I would hold off on conclusions with the garrison scripts until after that gets implemented.

As for militia units, I am going to attempt to minimize that aspect of the Medieval 2 game mechanics. All you can do is limit it, though.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

How do you get more nazguls and generals for mordor? The good factions get that from adoption/family all the time.

Hey guys, what's the deal with not being able to play custom settlements in custom battles?

in vanilla there's the "custom" culture to select the custom settlements but it seems that's gone from DaC, is it just me doing something wrong or is it intended?
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

We removed it intentionally. It wasted one entire culture slot which we could better use as Wildmen culture for a few of our new factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    We removed it intentionally. It wasted one entire culture slot which we could better use as Wildmen culture for a few of our new factions.
    that's what i thought when i looked into the files but we never know

so in short, there's no way to play custom battles/sieges with the custom settlements?

Can someone give me a tip to improve my turn times?
    my PC is really good but turn times take forever (by that i mean more than a minute)