Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Overview of the Building System - Now with tutorial

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Comprehensive Overview of the Building System - Now with tutorial

The only way to make it specific to something like bordering on the sea, is the same way docks are done. Assigned in the startpos or changing the slot type for those structures. While the UI is locked, it's not particularly feasible.

Required resource is in building_levels I believe.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Foederatus

Ah, I feared that would prove the case. No matter, thank you for your time

Anyone know or worked out how to restrict buildings to a region/city/capital city?

I'm messing around with barracks and want to restrict main barracks to certain regions, and auxilia elsewhere.

Ta

Updated for changes to chains in last patch (nothing strenuous, just 1 declare and 1 link with no apparent functionality atm)
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Does any one know how to enable construction of a building chain (like hellenic agora (which is a rom_HELLENIC_city_slot chain)) to romans?
    I managed to change the correct values in building_chain_availabilities and building_culture_variants so the agora is enabled to romans but now all the other roman structures are blocked (this does not belong to your faction). Is there anything else to change?
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

Excellent tutorial!

Update for the table "slot_templates_to_building_superchain_junctions"

Each superchain can be tied to multiple slots. Using this, you only need one structure to cover both major and minor settlements

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Is it possible to make a building require another building as a prerequisite? For instance, make it so a Level 2 Port requires the presence of a Level 2 Temple of Neptune in the same region in order to be built. I'm not seeing any way of doing this after a few hours of messing around and thought I would ask you experts.

I don't think so. You can give units a second building requirement *maybe* (ala Shogun 2. Check main_units in the assembly kit) if that's what you're after.

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    I don't think so. You can give units a second building requirement *maybe* (ala Shogun 2. Check main_units in the assembly kit) if that's what you're after.
    No - I was actually trying to control when you could build certain buildings in specific settlements. Oh well... thanks for the response!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    Is it possible to make a building require another building as a prerequisite? For instance, make it so a Level 2 Port requires the presence of a Level 2 Temple of Neptune in the same region in order to be built. I'm not seeing any way of doing this after a few hours of messing around and thought I would ask you experts.
    I guess the concept of having 'tech' before next building can be unlock works the same way as in RTW's method as you mention. I don't know if it's possible that certain tech can only be researched if you have certain building though. This feature was kind of available in FOTS but not sure if brought over to Rome II.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I want rename building names.For example i rename Temple of Athena to House of Athena.How can i do this? Can you post a photograph to help me ?

Hi again im trying to make all the rom_HELLENIC_military_buff buildings to rom_HELLENIC_military_main buildings iva the Buildings_level_tables but when i start the game it freezes and then crashs on the AI turns just wondering if there is more to it than that.

Fairly sure each chain only allows a single primary structure, so your crash is likely the level 0 structures colliding. What are you trying to achieve here?

just trying to get thos buff buildings to be buildable in minor settlements aswell

slot_template_to_building_superchain_junctions -> add a row using the superchain Rom_MilitaryBuffMajor and the slot template rom_minor_secondary​.

It'll change the roman structures bound to that superchain as well (If you don't want that, make a new superchain and split them up)

thanks i can normally figure this stuff out but i cant brain this week i have the dumb

Hello I have a question about custom buildings using the PFM. I made another level 4 building for the Main Military Barracks chain for Sparta. So from a level 3 barrack you can choose to make the vanilla level 4 building or my level 4 building.

The problem is that for some reason I can only make one of these buildings. All the aspects of the building works its just that I cannot make more then one. Can anyone point me in the direction of what to do to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

You can only make one per province? per faction? A little more information would be helpful.

Sorry I can only build one per faction. So once I build one I can no longer build any more.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast