Thread: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.95n, updated 12/09/14 Patch 15 Beta)

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.9g, updated 13/06/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    Great mod but can someone check on hellenic archers, as Pergamon I don't have access to any.
    ahhh hipno toad must not look at

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.9g, updated 13/06/14)

does anyone know what values to change to increase unit speed? its ridiculously slow
    Last edited by neoiq5719; June 15, 2014 at 01:33 PM.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

if im not mistaken i think its on db > battle entities table

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's been a long time since I posted on here but you guys are doing such a fantastic job that I had to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ziodaddy888 View Post
    if im not mistaken i think its on db > battle entities table
    thx
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Is it available for Hannibal at Gates?

Today was a patch day. DeI still working with patch 13.1?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrangeProject View Post
    Today was a patch day. DeI still working with patch 13.1?
    My download should be completed shortly, will report back.

Confirmed, working with new patch

Hey is there a mod that allows onagers back in the game? I know they were removed for historical and technical reasons but I miss battering down walls with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nochyan View Post
    Confirmed, working with new patch
    Thanks - I dont have much time atm and dont like to...test..things myself

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    Hey is there a mod that allows onagers back in the game? I know they were removed for historical and technical reasons but I miss battering down walls with them.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=onagers
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=onagers

here you go

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

What is the recommended unit size or does that not matter?

Don't preorder games!

On ultra expect glitches with transport ships as ship model can't handle more than ~220 men onboard. Beside this larger units are harder to navigate through chokepoints.

To me DEI is best with medium units size.
    First to do not get slow downs, second because it's easier to move units in towns streets

That's more system dependent than anything else, but historically speaking I think the team designed it around max unit size.

One note, I noticed a significant drop in frames when I moved from 0.85x to 0.9. I have a modest system, but it ran every version of DEI well on max unit size with graphics set mostly to ultimate (except for the well known stuttering issues during walled-settlement sieges). I don't know what the cause of the increased system demand is yet (texture sizes are more or less the same I think), but now I can't even run a custom battle with a total of 20 units without it turning into a slide show. I don't have much time to tinker these days so it's pretty disappointing not to be able to start a campaign with my usual settings.

*Edit - Interesting follow up to this for the team; I ran 2 custom battles with ultra unit size, 1 as Epirus, 1 as Antigonidai vs the exact same Roman army. My force compositions were identical; 1 unit Hetairoi/Molossian agema cavalry, and the rest Pezhetairoi/Chaeonian agema, Chalkaspides and Leukaspides. Obviously these 2 factions share many similarities and units, and yet there was a considerable drop in frames when playing as the Maks (Antigonidai). Although not great in terms of FPS, playing as Epirus was relatively smooth, whereas the Maks were almost unplayable by comparison. How can nearly identical units have such a significant difference in frame rate? Are the Mak units so texture heavy? Can anyone from the team shed some light on this? It's a fairly easy test to replicate.
    Last edited by Stonebonez; June 19, 2014 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebonez View Post
    That's more system dependent than anything else, but historically speaking I think the team designed it around max unit size.

One note, I noticed a significant drop in frames when I moved from 0.85x to 0.9. I have a modest system, but it ran every version of DEI well on max unit size with graphics set mostly to ultimate (except for the well known stuttering issues during walled-settlement sieges). I don't know what the cause of the increased system demand is yet (texture sizes are more or less the same I think), but now I can't even run a custom battle with a total of 20 units without it turning into a slide show. I don't have much time to tinker these days so it's pretty disappointing not to be able to start a campaign with my usual settings.

*Edit - Interesting follow up to this for the team; I ran 2 custom battles with ultra unit size, 1 as Epirus, 1 as Antigonidai vs the exact same Roman army. My force compositions were identical; 1 unit Hetairoi/Molossian agema cavalry, and the rest Pezhetairoi/Chaeonian agema, Chalkaspides and Leukaspides. Obviously these 2 factions share many similarities and units, and yet there was a considerable drop in frames when playing as the Maks (Antigonidai). Although not great in terms of FPS, playing as Epirus was relatively smooth, whereas the Maks were almost unplayable by comparison. How can nearly identical units have such a significant difference in frame rate? Are the Mak units so texture heavy? Can anyone from the team shed some light on this? It's a fairly easy test to replicate.

I just wanted to verify what your experiencing with the stuttering effect that has been happening since the upgrade from 0.85 to 0.90. I have a decent computer as well and never had a problem. I checked my memory, lowered settings and still the stuttering continues. My frame rates remain decent and that's whats strange to be. But I just wanted to say your not the only one.

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.9f, updated 20/06/14)

Revision 8 (0.9f)
    - Fixed Brundisium and Cosentia having the wrong region recruitment tags (was affecting available AoR units). Not save compatible, unfortunately.
    - Pedites Extraordinarii (Late) now have phalanx ability.
    - Fixed Galatian Katpatuka Zanteush unit tooltip.
    - Fixed javelin entry for Dacian Mezenai.
    - Fixed some Carthage units that were not recruitable.
    - AoR Spartan Hoplites now recruitable.
    - Dacian Archers are now a reform unit, Dacian Bowmen are a starting unit.
    - Fixed Auxiliary names not being greyed out pre-Marian reforms.
    - Removed recently added CA heavy horse plume model.

*Note: To edit your own save to fix the region tags, follow these steps:
    1. Download EditSF.
    2. Backup your save, then load it in EditSF.
    3. In your save, expand the folders out to find COMPRESSED DATA / CAMPAIGN_ENV / CAMPAIGN_MODEL / WORLD / REGION_MANAGER
    4. Under that you will see many REGION ARRAY entries. Find REGION ARRAY 135 and click on REGION.
    5. On the right side you will see 24 rows (second row says rom_magna_graecia_calabria). Find row 18 that has the region tags.
    6. Delete DEI_Sicily and replace it with DEI_Brundisium.
    7. Do the same thing for REGION 166, except change Brundisium to Sicily.
    8. Save the file.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Mark of Calth's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.9f, updated 20/06/14)

Has Steam been updated with this as well?

Fozzie's Avatar Tiro

This confused me a bit at first. I was expecting 0.9h. I was afraid we were regressing with another 0.9f.

That being said, thanks for the update!

"Wocka wocka wocka." ~Fozzie Bear