View Poll Results: Did you appreciate this community project?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

317 79.45%
  • Partly

25 6.27%
  • I don't mind

31 7.77%
  • No

26 6.52%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd world-wide community Total War survey [RESULTS]

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: 2nd world-wide community survey for ALL Totalwar fans

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    yup.
    Many of us are very upset with CA, and we have enough reasons. The inacceptable release state, their shameless DLC policy. But what angers me the most is their complete ignorance of their fans. Aside from their infamous tiny excuse (the well known "only 2% are reporting problems" message), they have completely ignored all their disappointed fans and critics. They only communicate if they have sth to sell. They act like the 3 monkeys. Everything is working as intended, nothing wrong with the game, no apology, no reaction to all the concerns from fans about the direction they've taken.

Well, to be fair, they did actually go some way to fixing the sieges. Although it did take a hue and cry on the forums and utube, plus a 10 month wait (unacceptable tardiness) before CA did anything and even there they still will not acknowledge anything wrong save the deed is better now. However, it seems they are getting right on track to blowing whatever goodwill they gained from patch 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Well, to be fair, they did actually go some way to fixing the sieges. Although it did take a hue and cry on the forums and utube, plus a 10 month wait (unacceptable tardiness) before CA did anything and even there they still will not acknowledge anything wrong save the deed is better now. However, it seems they are getting right on track to blowing whatever goodwill they gained from patch 14.
    uhh yeah they worked on sieges. Of course you can interpret t the patching as a way of admitting their shortcomings. But I want them to give an open and honest statement - yes an official apology for the whole matter. Not a bit of "yeah there are some problems", but honest communication about everything that troubles people. Not only about bugs, but about the streamlined gameplay, their questionable dlc policy etc. They just ignore people and continue with their routine as if nothing happened.

You know, before release Lusted was all over this place, defending game features left and right, addressing critics. He always lectured us on how this and that would improve gameplay, make the game more complex and strategic etc. And since then it's complete silence.

You feel like a naive girl being tricked into a one night stand and discover the next day that the number and address he gave you were wrong.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; August 20, 2014 at 01:07 PM.

I agree with getting this feedback from players, and I did the survey - please show the results to CA

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

please carry on any discussion about the closed survey thread on totalwar.com in the business practive complaint thread. Thank you very much. This is the apparently wrong place to discuss this in detail.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 20, 2014 at 01:43 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Thanks for this! I hope CA will learn from the results, and won't spend 40% more on "marketing" next time...

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    and last funny thing, CA created a thread on TWC about a survey yesterday
    do you have a link please?
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

I appreciate how thorough the survey was, but was slightly annoyed by the typos and loaded questions.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by LEMONAIDS View Post
    I appreciate how thorough the survey was, but was slightly annoyed by the typos and loaded questions.
    Are you sure they were loaded or do you just think they were? I looked at some questions and it would be hard to put them in a way that someone, somewhere, wouldn't think it was loaded. They seemed fair to me.

For instance, his question about Steam was fair, but if you don't want anyone questioning steam at all, then you might call it `loaded` no matter how unbiased you were. Just asking `Do you like Steam being mandatory?` would be considered `loaded` yet how can the question then be asked?

Perhaps this is how CA sees it too, but if that;'s the case then CA don't want a democratic view of what people think; only their view of what they want to think people think.

To be honest I don't think CA wants any survey where the player is asked if they like Steam mandatory. CA will only ever have a survey on this when they are 100%that 99% of people will say yes.

That's just one example and it could be the one why the banned it.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Probably as other users on Steam he refers to the old survey questions. but this was all explained. on the question, in the first page in this OP, etc. etc. Hope you read it.
    Again there are biased questions in this survey that are from the old survey. The new questions are not biased, afaik.

Would you like to help me to get the last typos out? If yes, please PM me, I think we can sort those out, too.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 20, 2014 at 03:01 PM.

I don't care whether or not steam is mandatory. I HATED steam when I was forced to install it for the first time with NTW. I have now grown to really enjoy the benefits of steam. It actually brought PC gaming back to life for me.

CA is a business. They don't have to be democratic. I think they have shown a great deal of diplomacy through the implementation of consistent patches, FLC, and even listening to the community at all.

We arent entitled to anything. Speak through your dollar bills and CA will learn faster than you think.

The family tree and internal politics systems are truly though.

alQamar, they werent really typos, they were more grammatical errors ("in" where it should say "is") I'll go back through and see if I can locate them. I'll PM.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

it seems I cannot stop this discussion anyway so here we go:

Again thanks for your communication towards CA baptistus. I want to make clear that he did this on his own behalf as a fan which is annoyed by such a behaviour, just as I am, and even some involved people are that worked on the survey, too

These moderator issues were the reason to convert from forums.totalwar.com to twcenter.net. Nothing else. Bad luck they banned me afterwards for questioning their moderation and policies many months ago.

I still hope that there might be a discussion from TWC staff towards CA in this regard behind the scenes. At least I requested this initiative, so we can discuss this matter diplomatically.

It is just not fair to close a thread on the same conditions that Fredrin was allowed to make a deliberately biased survey while this one is censored (removed OP).

This is not Sparta this is madness.

The intention of the survey is not to harm CA nor to harm Rome 2. The intention is mainly to collect opinions about how to improve the game, the franchise in future and to reflect how the patches worked out. Is this a CRIME?

But if this survey does not fit their potential plans, or for their actually new big "plan" I have heard about and rumours about a leak meanwhile exists too - if this is the true reason for the boycott they cannot tell us now, then I think they are lost in their arrogance. Joey actually did a bad job not to decline the leak but to say "
    Sorry guys- retailers are often incorrect. Please wait for official announcements for news.
    ". Which is a rethoric implied yes on the leak, at least bits of it. That is another topic.

Any officlal interviews from Mike Simpson and Co. with content about "how important the community is" for CA, become burlesque in this context, they block the initiative of the community to get a picture of opinions, which even might them help as an orientation. If CA comes around and says: al Qamar & TWC we do not need that survey as we have our own data, ok. But then I might want to know where exactly from they are spying on us? Steam might be helpful to gather metadata about our gameplay and send them to CA using their encrypted connection, I assume.

Unless CA feels not aligned to explain why the survey is on boycott on totalwar.com, while the old one was not, and they forbid there users and their fans they say they care about to take part to express their opinion there is something going on wrong in the city of Rome.

For anyone still interested in the survey please try to get not impressed by this situation and still answer like nothing of this happened, please!

We only gained about 28% new users on the survey and CA is very responsible to this, too.
    In the last survey in December 49% people voted from totalwar.com which were thousands! Thanks for messing the honest work up, at least as long you are not lifting your boycott CA.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 20, 2014 at 04:09 PM.

baptistus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post

Again thanks for your communication towards CA baptistus. I want to make clear that he did this on his own behalf as a fan which is annoyed by such a behaviour, just as I am, and even some involved people are that worked on the survey, too
    thank you to you
    You take time to create a long survey, to promote it, to make a beta, to correct it, to consider suggestions ect... FOR FREE. Community managers are paid, god dawn it.
    That is why the reaction of CA is a shame, a slap on our face and on the face of TWC, which is the biggest TW forum, bigger than the official forum
    official forum at this time
    There are currently 662 users online. 61 members and 601 guests

TWC
    There are currently 1469 users online. 257 members and 1212 guests
    Last edited by baptistus; August 20, 2014 at 04:22 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for recognizing my works and also the work of all involved baptistus. Yes it may be I am very agitated on this particular topic at the moment but I want to make clear that I see it the same way. It is a slap in the face to anyone involved in the survey. It took many hours actually more than 100 to make it if I take all the hours in of all people involved. There is literally nothing CA has to fear about this survey and its results, it is completely uncomprehensible, to me at least. I might not be alone with that opinion. KaisaTotalwar88 and others felt quite same.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 20, 2014 at 04:22 PM.

Can someone briefly fill me in on the is happening here? What did I miss? Link? I have been away from TWC for a couple months.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

[QUOTE=baptistus;14038041]
    First of all TWC is not only Totalwar. It handles much more things, also mods. Are the stats including the overall amount of users or just for all the Totalwar discussion threads? As said being on forums.totalwar.com is very helpful to this project. I saw this in the stats we had on the user origin in the old survey.

Can someone briefly fill me in on the is happening here? What did I miss? Link? I have been away from TWC for a couple months.

serious request? I think I've already seen you here and you already took the survey. Right?

What percentage of the survey participants were under 18? Can I find that out or do I have to wait?

I deleted a few posts for off topic remarks. As the OP asked, please move the business discussion to the business discussion thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by Radzeer; August 20, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    What percentage of the survey participants were under 18? Can I find that out or do I have to wait?
    Hi risky, it would not negatively affect the participants if I spoil this particular result right now.
    So far 29,8% have selected to be under 18. The results will be released as soon we reached a certain amount of participants.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
    I agree with getting this feedback from players, and I did the survey - please show the results to CA

This will happen!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Hmmm, a couple of split polls there man, like question 5.

5*Do you mind that TW:Rome 2 or other TW games are only available via Steam?
    See possible reasons below the questions.

• Yes, I mind that TW is only available via Steam
    • I don't care
    • No, I don't mind that

You split the positive answers in two so that the anti-Steam answer will win. Not good polling.

and by the way, was the poll on this thread necessary?
    Last edited by Sebidee; August 20, 2014 at 06:09 PM.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!