Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

I have the same problem with Olbia
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Not really a bug but it's very annoying. For some reason when you try to change the names of the two southernmost towns in the Italian peninsula, they rename themselves to what they were on the next turn.

The names of the two regions are "Tarentum (Taras)" and "Rhegium (Rhegion)". When I try to remove the bits in parentheses (which I assume are the Greek names for the towns), or even try to completely change the whole name, the town's original name, with the parentheses are restored. Any other town doesn't have this problem, I can rename them to whatever I want. It's just these two that seem to have some odd script or something maintaining this weird state where the town has two names at once, one Latin and one Greek in parentheses.

I'm playing a Roman campaign where, if applicable, I change the name of the towns I take to the ones given to them by the Romans. So for example, Segestika is now Siscia, Epidamnos is now Dyrrhachium, etc. That was how I found this because, like I said, when I tried to change the name of "Tarentum (Taras)" and "Rhegium (Rhegion)", they reverted back to their original name on the start of the next turn.

"See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins." - description of Trick Abacus
    "I'm a Lord." - Delusional Scottish Merchant

Something about those two is different from other settlements, which are renamed if a different culture takes them. For example Emporiton, as it starts, becomes Emporion when taken by a Greek faction. Edeta becomes Arse when the Arevaci take it, and so on.

When i made the Ephesus taxes from High to Very High, my tax income became lower for some reason. Also when diplomacy ensues, you can't ask the AI to give you money for stuff. It just ignores it. Also a minor bug probably i got the "queues stalled" message, saying i don't have enough founds to build a building. But that obv doesn't make any sense as you can't even contruct a building if you don't have money for it.

regards,

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

my characters dont get their movement points back after completing the agoge, anything i missed?

Double A's Avatar person man

I just started a Boii game and the first thing I noticed is that there's no family tree button. It looks like it's underneath the graphs button.

edit: Oh, lovely, it appears this is happening to every faction but Rome (because I actually have a save for them).

edit 2: Looks like just Celts and other Eurobarbs, actually.
    Last edited by Double A; September 01, 2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Senator

So can I do anything against the endless hourglass of major annoyance?
    I got it after the AI turn ended so I can't do anything reloading doesn't help.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I just started a Boii game and the first thing I noticed is that there's no family tree button. It looks like it's underneath the graphs button.

edit: Oh, lovely, it appears this is happening to every faction but Rome (because I actually have a save for them).

edit 2: Looks like just Celts and other Eurobarbs, actually.
    Working as designed, these factions use the Teutonic system. See the "These aren't Bugs Don't Report Them" sticky thread.

Barlind's Avatar Foederatus

Possible bug in recruitment system:
    baktria VH / M, turn 221

When building level 2 "native conscription settlers" in Oskobara, it gives me option to recruit cappadocian cavalry. It seems weird, since Asia Minor is quite far away, and this is native recruitment "building".

Characters that have completed the Spartan Agoge training lose their ability to move on the campaign map. I tested it with a second character in the Macedonian campaign. same result. Both ended with barely completed trait. Is this a bug?

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Noticed a Sweboz general trait "Occasional Drinker (minus) - 11 hitpoints"! I think this a bit to much physical deterioration for occasional drinking...

Been long since EB devs posted around here, hope these reports of the last couple of pages dont get overlooked
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I spotted a ship which spawned in a lake without access to the sea:

I think one the devs said there's a script that kills those pirates every 20 turns or so.

In a Hayasdan campaign, I have seemingly met all the requirements for the Pan-Caucasus Empire reforms, since every turn I get an event that "Royal Authority has Increased", I also got the Pan-Caucasus Empire event; however, none of the new government buildings have become available. I don't think it's that I'm missing pre-req buildings because I have every building built in most provinces.

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    So can I do anything against the endless hourglass of major annoyance?
    I got it after the AI turn ended so I can't do anything reloading doesn't help.
    I just had this happen as well. When I finally Ctrl-Alt-Del my way out it shows a windows script host error:

Script: C:\...\SEGA\Medieaval II Total War\documentation\tools\demo_launcher\launcher.wsf
    Line: 1114
    Char: 4
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Microsoft JScript runtime error

Could be from me ctrl-atl-deleting but I figure I'd add it in case it helps the team out. I have a save game (version 2 ai) where it happens each time I end the turn.

I might add, I had just conquered Histria on the Black Sea and noticed one of the building icons showed 'None' and was missing a description aside from some warning which I assume means it hadn't been written yet. It was also turn 169 and we all know what the square root of that is

Weird. I just noticed...Getai archers have ranged attack 7. Usually, archers have 2-3, with Indian Longbowmen having 4...typo, or perhaps remnant from a testing of different balance?

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

I sometimes see non ranged units blocked in reloading stance while they are in melee (e g : the allobroges and aedui spearmen). Is it normal ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Graphic-bugs on the UI. They appeared after around 20 turns of gamplay:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: