Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Barbarian Invasion 2/Atilla leaked?

Default Re: Barbarian Invasion 2/Atilla leaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Don't you have a watch? Heck you're on a computer that has a time to it. Or you don't know what 1600 is?
    My clocks don't go above 12.
    Is there a link to the announcement? I missed it. And the trailer they released shows nothing except a greasy looking Attila whining about being downtrodden or something.

In the video they said Crossbowmen had the "Heavy Shot" ability.

Does that even work?
    I mean, you can draw a bow with extra force for a more powerful arrow I guess, but a crossbow? Isnt the point of a crossbow that it allways fires with the same force?

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    In the video they said Crossbowmen had the "Heavy Shot" ability.

Does that even work?
    I mean, you can draw a bow with extra force for a more powerful arrow I guess, but a crossbow? Isnt the point of a crossbow that it allways fires with the same force?
    they should change it to accuracy.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by EinScrub View Post
    History is written by the victors. Naturally, a civilization that is founded on Greco-Roman traditions and values will not view Alexander negatively, nor will it view Attila, or Hannibal, or whoever positively. Yes, the Greeks and Romans might have built cities but they also practiced plenty of killing, destroying, stealing and devastating. Let's be honest here, the Romans were involved in a massive project of culturcide, wiping out civilization after civilization and believing the illusion that only their civilization and way of life (and the Greek way) had any value at all, even though there were plenty of other sophisticated civilizations- Carthage to name a big one, whose fields were literally sowed with salt by the Romans so that its civilization would be undone forever.
    I agree with you on everything. Little remarks: there is always greater good of every civilisation in a history of mankind and the question is not what written by victors but what really important to you in a history. I don't like when Greek and Roman civilisation are put in one vertical, even though they have so many similarities they are different in most important areas.
    In the temple of Apollo were carved such phrases as "know thyself", "nothing in excess". It sound absolutely crazy and different from any other culture and religion perspectives of that period of time, think of this phrases and think of a time temple was build X-IX B.D. It is crazy because any other other nation which were around Greeks in that time would share close ideas to each other such as "conquer", "grow rich" and so on. And here in a middle of nowhere we see in one of most important temples in Greece the facts of Greek spiritual life or spirituality have been on level of beyond understanding till our days. Not only those phrases are not related to anything connected to a material world but it rises way deeper questions.. and it's history and not necessarily written by victors. Most important thing to me lie in world of spiritual growth and that's why I always look to this part of any civilisation. Agressive or peaceful that do not make you much of spiritual man or nation, that's being said I never found in history of nomadic tribes anything which would help me go beyond understanding of human nature. Hope this explains something.

Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    You do realize Churchill was referring to the Germans, yes?
    Yes, my point was why he used this comparision, it goes to Huns as well, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    If it's Miamai Nights 1918, you have fantastic taste in music, even if you do still fail to grasp what was being said.
    It's Miami Nights 1984. I should be sorry for bit of trolling to the fact that I don't understand why Roman historian described Huns in such a way. I just wanted to see how Nazim would explain his pride of bieng descendant of Huns (which is unprovable at the moment), I want to know what makes him feel so.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

As the game has been officially announced, this thread is now redundant. Closed.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789