Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geomod works perfect,Game Campaign load 100% than error.Need help,please.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Geomod works perfect,Game Campaign load 100% than error.Need help,please.

Can you give me the original files from your mod (not already saved with Geomod) that Geomod needs? Plus the modeldb file to check if the mod starts. I'll give it a try to see what is happening. Please include TXT and BIN version of the files from the data\text folder.

The list of files can be found in the manual.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Geomod works perfect,Game Campaign load 100% than error.Need help,please.

How many versions of Python do you have installed? For me, the damn thing always tried to load the newest version and I had to uninstall every other version that was too new to get it to work right.

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Can you give me the original files from your mod (not already saved with Geomod) that Geomod needs? Plus the modeldb file to check if the mod starts. I'll give it a try to see what is happening. Please include TXT and BIN version of the files from the data\text folder.

The list of files can be found in the manual.
    Ok sure,just a couple of seconds..the text and world folder are complete,the unit_models are also complete because I don't want to be missing units for battle_models,uploaded on mediafire because of his size,but it took half an hour to upload,and for this reason I'am coming late whit the answer.

M2R.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2c...unit_models.7z

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    How many versions of Python do you have installed? For me, the damn thing always tried to load the newest version and I had to uninstall every other version that was too new to get it to work right.
    I unistaled the first version whit Unistaller from Iobit,than run a 1 click maintance whit Glary Utilities,than instaled the new version of Pyton.
    Last edited by Ego123; January 02, 2015 at 06:04 AM.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Ego123's Avatar Tiro

Last edited by Ego123; January 02, 2015 at 05:28 AM.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

Blog Entries

My bad, you misunderstand me (and I wasn't precise enough): all I need is the ...\data\unit_models\battle_models.MODELDB file, not the whole folder. It is commonly abbreviated as modeldb (file). I will not require the unit models as I don't intend to play a battle, but the EDU references this file (model entries\names).

If this (M2R.7z) is all the other files for Geomod use then just upload the modeldb file again - really sorry for that.

Ego123's Avatar Tiro

I understod what you mean,I work a lot whit that file,but the battle_models.MODELDB will not work whitout some of the stuff from the folder,because I didn't use only units from Medieval 2 Total War and Kingdoms,I was tring to offer all the conditions,because when a texture is missing from folder and is scripted in battle_models.MODELDB turn in CTD on startup,from what I read in Crashes and How to fix them,but maybe what I say is wrong,or you don't want to enter in the game?Anyway this is the file.
    battle_models.7z
    Last edited by Ego123; January 02, 2015 at 07:48 AM.

Ego123's Avatar Tiro

For now incredible results the humile descr_win_condition is the guilty file,I edit whit Geomod,save,and save on exit and than put back the backup descr_win_condition file,delete historic_event.bin from text folder and the campaign start,and I did that ten times always edit something whit GEOMOD and than saved,saved on exist and replace that file and delete historic_event.bin,now is time for some serios edit whit GEOMOD ,I came back tomorow whit results.I hope that will be no more problems,I will be very carreful after every even small edit I will run a campaign to see if starts,like Aragorn said in The Two Towers(I think) ,,It's always hope''.Thank you dear Lord for al your great help,but I think that soon I will need your help again,because I'm a in solving the error encontered.This is what I love sow much on TWcenter,people who are separated by thousands of kilometers, from different cultures,helping each other on solving problems,I would like to contribute whit something,and see how hard it is to work to a mod even one simple as mine,is the reason why I will never give up going to end the work that I do,because many mods from this site make me feel great when I play in my free time,and I want to give something back even if will not be an exciting mod,but for my will be great because I always wanted something like that,anyway I'm feeling lucky to be part from this great comunity,and its a great feeling to receive help from a great master like you.God bless you(I apologize in case you do not believe in God).
    Last edited by Ego123; January 02, 2015 at 04:14 PM.

Ego123's Avatar Tiro

Good Morning,I redraw a lot of regions from the map overnight,moved cities,ports,resources and characters,saved put back de bck descr_win_condition delete de historic_event.bin and the campaign starts always.For now all is ok,and I'm so glad to say that,many thanks for your great help.

Blog Entries

win_conditions is a file that Geomod doesn't auto correct if not validated. The most common crash here are invalid region names from regions not created\edited by Geomod.
    The crash will happen instantly when clicking start as opposed to errors in map files.

To correct the win_conditions file with Geomod, click on the Factions Tab, followed by the Campaign tab and last the Victory tab. In most cases you will get now already a notification if something is wrong.
    Now simply high light each faction and Validate. Correct notified errors, save.

Please note that it is advisable to set a 'hold regions' number in the long campaign for each faction as a zero will make that faction instantly victorious.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 07, 2015 at 04:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12