Thread: (MOD) Expanded Saxon Army/ Better Faction Colors

Default (MOD) Expanded Saxon Army/ Better Faction Colors

This is a mod i made For the Saxons adding Frankish units to the roster Units that were added are

Noble Germanic swordsmen
    Sword Heerbann
    Royal Anstrutiones
    Axe Heerbann
    Francisa Heerbann
    Germanic Archers
    Germanic archers elite
    Germanic Crossbows
    Salina Frankish lancers
    Sacra Francisca

It adds much more diversity and more professional army in later tiers Let me know what you guys think
    Also Special thanks too Sebseb for the Help

I have also added my better uniforms mod adds better colors for west and east Romans, Sassanid
    Empire,Saxons and Huns

Note Mods must be activated using Mitch's Mod manager and units are for campaign use only they will not show in custom battle
    Enjoy

Expanded Saxon Army.zip
    Better Looking uniforms.rar
    Last edited by Dicer; February 23, 2015 at 12:18 PM.

Default Re: (MOD) Expanded Saxon Army

could we get some screenshots?

what about say a royal saxon huscarl of some sort?

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

screens ?
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

I would like to make screenis for you, but the thing is that the mod isn't starting at all. When i load the mod the game crashes at the Intro screen.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

hmmm ok sorry i will figure this out

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    screens ?
    They are vanilla units from frank, germanics factions etc... added to the saxon roster

Well it is strange. I can't just activate it with the integrated modmanager of Attila in this case it is crashing. When i start it with the modmanager from this forum i get in to the game, but the units do not show up in the roster.

totalingend's Avatar Civis

Game crashes on startup

I'm looking forward to seeing the mod working, some screenies would be nice too if possible.

Ok well Im not sure what I did wrong see I added the units on the Attila main data pack ..I then extracted the unit_to faction permissions table from the data and made that into this mod Im not sure why it's not working
    Im going to try something

I checked your table and what you have done so far seems alright. However i think you miss something. I would think you need to add them also in to the units_costum_battle_permissions and building_units_allowed_tables. It could be crashing because you put them in to the faction but they can't be used since you have to unluck them in to costum battles and give them a building to recruit them. However i still trying to get my own unit to work so i can't say anything for sure, but i saw others do it that way.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...roman-factions
    Try to look in to this tables how he did it. It's not perfect because some units are actually the same, but what he did with the tables you should need to do as well.
    Last edited by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; February 23, 2015 at 10:53 AM.

See I didnt have to touch either of theses tables and it works for me i just dont have them in custom battles only campaign

Okey that was a missunderstanding it seems. Than you have to write that people need to activate it with the Modmanager from this forum and not the one integrated in to the game. With the modmanager from the forum i get in to the game and as i tested i have them ingame.

I will test it further, but what bothers me still a bit is that they keep their names. Maybe you will find a way to rename them in future because i don't want to use units as Saxon which have a name with Frankish- or Salian

Ok great so it works then

Here are some impressions how they look ingame. Since the faction colours are pretty much the same you won't notice much of a change. And i am sorry, i tried 3 campaign battles, in all 3 it was raining

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Germanic Nobleswords

Freeman

Spearmasters

Anstrutiones

Salian Lancers

Sacra Francisca

Great Pics mate thank you !! I have modded the faction colors of a few factions including Saxons ,Romans east and west , sassinids and the huns I can upload that aswell if you like made all theses factions much darker (Saxons look way better now :p

Default Re: (MOD) Expanded Saxon Army/ Better Faction Colors

That would be nice. By the way i modded myself some units in to the Vandal roster. I noticed if i added the units_costum_battle_permissions_table to my mod i could use the units in costum battle and i don't need Mitch.'s Modmanager and can use the one integrated by CA. That's basicly why it crashed for the most of the users. If you would do that people can test your units in costum battle and have generally better access to your mod. Its the work of not even 3 minutes

R the new units suppose to work in custom battles because I looked wanted to try them out but they arnt available in the custom battle saxon roster.

just campaign right now

Hey Dicer if you want to set it up for custom battles you need to add a few fields to this table units_custom_battle_permissions.