Thread: [MOD] Goth Unit Upgrade Fix

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default [MOD] Goth Unit Upgrade Fix

This is a little mod that changes around the upgrade trees for the Goths. This mod makes 2 changes:

1. Your Warband units no longer upgrade into Falxmen. Falxmen have instead been placed in the Tavern(settlements)/Sparring Fields(horde). I chose those buildings because it's one level lower than the requirement for Thracians and they are kind of related
    2. Your Brigands units no longer upgrade to mounted brigands, instead the mounted brigand line has been moved up to level 3 buildings

The effect of this mod is that you get to keep using Gothic Warbands and Germanic Brigands throughout the game, but you still have access to the falxmen and mounted skirmishers, they are just a little harder to get.

To activate this mod just drop in data folder, enable out of date mods, and select it. I've done a little testing but the mod is fairly simple so hopefully there isn't much that can mess up. If anyone has bugs let me know. Should be compatible with any mod that doesn't also change the upgrade system.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by the_mango55; February 22, 2015 at 02:00 PM.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Default Re: [MOD] Goth Unit Upgrade Fix

Good mod, thank you!

Hey mate, is it savegame compatible?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DakkaDon View Post
    Hey mate, is it savegame compatible?
    Yes, should have no problems. Although obviously all the units you have already upgraded will still be upgraded.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Citizen

If anyone has any other ideas about unit upgrades that don't make sense (turning one class of units to another) let me know and I'll see if I can include it or make a separate mod.
    ttt

I think the goths have a javelin cav that upgrades to a medium melee cav, that could do with changing.