Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CAI Overhaul Beta Testing

Default Re: CAI Overhaul Beta Testing

Hello,

I am hoping to have something up by either Wednesday or Thursday night (+8 GMT)
    I have created a group where for download and discussion here.

How are things coming along?

I was having some isues with the Ottoman bug, which was worse than vanilla. I have seem to had worked it out. I have played three times the number of turns and the bug as not progressed any worse.
    There are some issues, but I think I will post what I have and work on them. Ideally, you will see them as well.

the sooner i conquer the world, the less lag occur,
    i'm convinced its money and the troop masses as a result of increased inome that is responsible,
    i think automatic money should be reduced and the only substantial income come from trade and population.
    UP saw their trade in the baltics as their base, while exotic stuff was topping of the ice,
    France was wealthy too, with all that population in fertile lands, and Denmark was raking in money on taxing UP trade,
    the rest was broke

Trained professional troops should also not complete in a single turn,
    and i know without testing that steamrolling would come to an end if i couldnt produce quality troops
    in a foreign region.
    Sweden did recruit Germans, and GB did eventually deploy Indians,
    i dont think Karl XII would recruit regular dragoons down in Ukraine tho, and definitely not reliable ones.

i think Darth had a good idea about spawning a couple of mortars in any government building,
    to make taking a region a little more than a cake walk with a couple of dragoons,
    storming a city was risky biz
    Last edited by poa; November 28, 2014 at 10:40 PM.
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    i'm convinced its money and the troop masses as a result of increased inome that is responsible,
    i think automatic money should be reduced and the only substantial income come from trade and population.
    UP saw their trade in the baltics as their base, while exotic stuff was topping of the ice,
    France was wealthy too, with all that population in fertile lands, and Denmark was raking in money on taxing UP trade,
    the rest was broke

and i know without testing that steamrolling would come to an end if i couldnt produce quality troops
    in a foreign region.
    i dont think Karl XII would recruit regular dragoons down in Ukraine tho, and definitely not reliable ones.

i think Darth had a good idea about spawning a couple of mortars in any government building,
    to make taking a region a little more than a cake walk with a couple of dragoons,
    I am not a bog fan of "World Domination" gameplay. It is completely unrealistic. I do not know what you mean by "automatic money" There are three ways to earn an income. There is commodity trade, taxes, and other income. "Other income" is not define and you can set the amount to whatever you want. Even thought it is set and based off of a game mechanic, it isn't created out of thin air. Nations earned monies from a variety of sources. The default value is 3000, which is roughly a third of your total income at game start. As the game progresses, it becomes less and less in relations to other income. Another means Nations were able to generate income was from borrowing and manipulation of the currency (the dabbled badly in paper money and debasement of precious metals, namely silver). This is not reflected in the economic mechanics of the game. In fact, the only thing you can directly alter is the demand side of the economy.

Tis is something I contemplated some time ago
    For example: Tea Plantation. There is a Small Plantation, Large Plantation, and the Warehouse. You could have the large plantation produce more than the warehouse. This increase of supply relative to demand (which will be a constant rate, would cause prices to drop. With the warehouse lower number relative to the large plantation, but with an increase in demand should then have prices go up.

BTW, you can play with the elasticity of demand making a commodity more elastic may might the price of the commodity more volatile.

Trained troops in one turn? In a three turn game, this is equivalent to four months of training. I do not think it is that unreasonable. Moreover, a large proportion of armies were made up of mercenaries. In many cases, they were better than the "local" recruit. There were exceptions. In any event, this mod will use a AOR system which restricts who and where you can recruit units.

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    the rest was broke

in a foreign region.

I agree wit pretty much everthing you said, but i dont like to conquer the world as it make the game boring in late game and you tend to only autoresolve everthing. Thats why slow phased mods are more fun (imho)

Greetings Pike Stance

I just discovered your work thus far in improving IS battle and campaign mechanic's. A much needed and worthy endeavor!

I found that the IS experienced was diminished but the lack of changes to these to crucial area's of gameplay.
    Do your plans for improving CAI include improving the AI realism in where it attacks. i.e my last IS campaign playing as France. I found my South American colonies being invaded by Indian factions.
    Will you try to channel the AI to expand on a more historical way?

That said my thanks for your effort thus far. +REP!

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    Greetings Pike Stance

I just discovered your work thus far in improving IS battle and campaign mechanic's. A much needed and worthy endeavor!

I found that the IS experienced was diminished but the lack of changes to these to crucial area's of gameplay.
    Do your plans for improving CAI include improving the AI realism in where it attacks. i.e my last IS campaign playing as France. I found my South American colonies being invaded by Indian factions.
    Will you try to channel the AI to expand on a more historical way?

That said my thanks for your effort thus far. +REP!
    In the test, the Indian factions do not leave the Indian theater. In fact, Maratha often fights for its survival. Ironically, I may have to alter some of the variables to ensure it doesn't prevent it from rising.

I am also able to have factions land forces as well. In my recent campaign has Persia, Britain declare war on me and a few turns later, a British invaded me. In the same game, the Spanish also used naval transport for invasion.

Another feature I want to work on is having the AI defend the resources within its regions, rather than hold up it the capital.

Thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    In the test, the Indian factions do not leave the Indian theater. In fact, Maratha often fights for its survival. Ironically, I may have to alter some of the variables to ensure it doesn't prevent it from rising.

I am also able to have factions land forces as well. In my recent campaign has Persia, Britain declare war on me and a few turns later, a British invaded me. In the same game, the Spanish also used naval transport for invasion.

Another feature I want to work on is having the AI defend the resources within its regions, rather than hold up it the capital.

Thanks for your support!
    This is very welcome and exciting news indeed! This is precisely what IS needed plus changes to the BAI. I will enjoy once again delving into ETW IS version!

I volunteer as tribute! But I warn you this is my first time ever testing something, so I'll need one of the vets to give me some tips.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    This is very welcome and exciting news indeed! This is precisely what IS needed plus changes to the BAI. I will enjoy once again delving into ETW IS version!
    oops, sorry.. I already did work on the BAI. You can find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beak View Post
    I volunteer as tribute! But I warn you this is my first time ever testing something, so I'll need one of the vets to give me some tips.
    No worries! You play and share what you had experience.

MR.Buttons's Avatar Foederatus

I Would love to join this beta Test. but it would be my first one. im a exepreinced total war and no stranger to realism mods. just tell me what you want me to look for. that's if you guys let me in. i just finshed. i have recently finished highschool and taking a year off i have all the time in the world to test your mod
    Last edited by MR.Buttons; October 01, 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Ok, I have your request and will add you momentarily. Thanks for your help!

MR.Buttons's Avatar Foederatus

thank you

Count me too.

As I am now getting back into this, I have to point out that the 40 unit mod is no longer downloable (if that is a word). If you could repost it I would be eternally grateful.

Civis

i have been following this mod for a while now. it looks awesome. what is the status of this mod?

It is still in private development/ testing.

Hello PikeStancece, would this work for Spain too? in the IS 2.21b?

As long as the numbers are balance and consistent per unit, yes it should work fine. As far as CAI behavior, it doesn't matter what you do outside of the relevant tables.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast