Thread: (WIP) Generals Diversified

Default (WIP) Generals Diversified

Hello,

Introduction
    When Attila Total War was released one of things I did not like was that the generals all looked the same. I know their appearances change when they reach level 4 and change again when they reach lever 7 but for me there wasn't enough variety between the generals. So I started on a mod which would make them more varied. It is long and tedious work but I've finally made some progress. I am new to modding and this is my biggest mod yet so I am not as fast as others because I still have to figure out how a lot of things work.

As of yet there is not a download link yet.

What will this mod do when it is finished?
    It adds variety to the helmets of the generals. I only added helmets because I like the idea of a general getting better armour when he fights more battles but adding variety to the helmets still gives a general more of an unique feeling and personality. Later on I might also add variety to the shields, cloths and weapons. I gave the generals helmets which would fit with their faction, so for example: Roman generals only wears Roman helmets. For each culture there will be around 8-10 different looking generals for each culture.

Note: This mod does not change the appearance of the faction leader.

FINISHED
    - Western & Eastern Roman generals
    - Nomadic generals

WORKING ON
    - Sassanid generals (trying to find a typo which causes a general not to wear a helmet at all)

STILL TO BE DONE
    -Barbarian generals
    -Unit Cards

One of the problems I ran into was that the unitcards of the generals still showcase them with their old helmets even though on the campaign map they might wear another helmet. I don't know how I will "fix" this but I was thinking I could change their unit cards to the one in the politics when they are a candidate or statesman. Still open to suggestions though on what to do.

Constructive feedback is much appreciated.

Screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: (WIP) Generals Diversified

[IMG][/IMG]

Cool idea, good work so far.

Great idea. I agree the generals are too generic. Can't even tell which guy is the general in most battles ! Looking forward to using your mod.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Solam's Avatar Libertus

Nice .. Waiting for that ..

I'm sorry I have been really busy this week. I am done with the helmet variety and this weekend I am starting with shield variety.