Thread: [MOD] Ridonk's Mods

Default [MOD] Ridonk's Mods

Just collecting a few small mods I made to a few requests in case anyone else needs them

Less Children

This mod lowers the maximum number of children from the vanilla value of 6 to 4 and the birth rate by 5% for users that don't want to deal with unmanageable family trees in mid/late game.

DOWNLOAD

Less Children (Lower Illegitimate Rate)

Same as above mod, but lowers Illegitimate birth rate by half.

DOWNLOAD

More Children

This mod does the exact opposite of the above two and increases birth rate by nearly double as well as extending the age before falloff for males. Female barren age is untouched.

DOWNLOAD

OP Huns + No Imperium Penalty

This mod was requested by BulletproofMonk to combine this mod and a no imperium diplo penalty mod (unknown author). It reduces upkeep for hunnic units by 90%.

DOWNLOAD

Lower Religious Conversion Requirement

Reduces the requirement to convert religion to 25%.

DOWNLOAD

If anyone else has relatively simple requests I'd be happy to accommodate when I can.
    Last edited by M3GA.Ridonk; March 16, 2015 at 10:45 AM.

Default Re: [MOD] Ridonk's Mods

Nice, I'll definitely use Less Children mod

Cool Let me know if you have any thoughts on it!

Actually, if you would also be able to reduce illegitimate birth rate, it would be double great

Sure, I'll get it in a bit.

Edit: Done. Added as an alternative to the first.
    Last edited by M3GA.Ridonk; March 15, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Update: Added lower religious conversion requirement mod.

Update 2: Added more children mod that was requested on CA TW forums.
    Last edited by M3GA.Ridonk; March 16, 2015 at 10:45 AM.

There's no way the vanilla child limit was 6, I've had multiple people with 11-12 kids

Quote Originally Posted by Enad View Post
    There's no way the vanilla child limit was 6, I've had multiple people with 11-12 kids
    Wow I don't know how you pulled that off. I think the most I've seen is 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Enad View Post
    All legitimate?

Quote Originally Posted by M3GA.Ridonk View Post
    All legitimate?
    Yup. Playing as the Sassanids I got all of 1 illegitimate children my entire playthrough(minus a bug I had which you may remember from my other thread where the less baby mod spawned from). I got many as the Jutes though. Perhaps each faction has different ratios.
    Regardless, I had people who had way more than 6 children. Can't remember my Jutes playthrough as well but in my Sassanid campaign at least 2 or 3 people have fully legitimate families of 11-12 kids.

Hmm, maybe it's a Sassanid specific value that's not in the db table. The vanilla value is definitely a hard limit of six under normal conditions. Mathematically I don't think it should normally be possible to end up with more than that with the vanilla birth rate and limits on how often babies can be born unless a bug is introduced. In that case anything is possible of course

Quote Originally Posted by M3GA.Ridonk View Post
    Hmm, maybe it's a Sassanid specific value that's not in the db table. The vanilla value is definitely a hard limit of six under normal conditions. Mathematically I don't think it should normally be possible to end up with more than that with the vanilla birth rate and limits on how often babies can be born unless a bug is introduced. In that case anything is possible of course
    Well in any case, I hope your 4 children limit mod works for me. It would be so nice! I'll get back to ya when I start up my next playthrough.

Just curious if these mods(specifically the less children mod) will need updating for upcoming patches?

Bump, now with the new patch I'm trying to figure out if this mod will be compatible.

Sorry for the triple posts but just reporting that the Less Children mod does not work properly with the latest patch OR the DLC factions.
    Playing as the Caledonians and my people are having more than 4 children.

Copy that. Will update tonight to fix.

Suebi's Avatar Foederatus

Please go to this post and help me

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-custom-battle

Great mod! Just wanted to ask if you could add a trait that you can recruit more tributary levies? like +4? Would be great

^ Include this in the OP huns mod i ment. (Can't edit my earlier post).