Thread: [Request] 2x Campaign movement in friendly territory. (1.5x if 2x is too much)

Foederatus

Icon3 [Request] 2x Campaign movement in friendly territory. (1.5x if 2x is too much)

I heard campaign movement speed is disputable ever since Rome 1.

Boosting campaign movement speed in friendly territory (owned regions, regions of factions those agreed military access, and Controlled see area) for army, navy, and agent can be a good adding to Magnar Mechanics.

I think it is better for both convenience and realism (of course it should be very different moving across friendly territory vs hostile territory).

Plus, combining with already existing Slower Campaign Movement mods will be very interesting option

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [Request] 2x Campaign movement in friendly territory. (1.5x if 2x is too much)

Quote Originally Posted by Droiyan7 View Post
    I heard campaign movement speed is disputable ever since Rome 1.

Boosting campaign movement speed in friendly territory (owned regions, regions of factions those agreed military access, and Controlled see area) for army, navy, and agent can be a good adding to Magnar Mechanics.

I think it is better for both convenience and realism (of course it should be very different moving across friendly territory vs hostile territory).

Plus, combining with already existing Slower Campaign Movement mods will be very interesting option
    Hmm thats an interesting idea. Though I think it will make game play unbalanced.

But perhaps a slight boost to speed in ones own territory and a neg to speed in enemy territory could work.

Foederatus

Icon5 Re: Any progress on implementation?

Any progress on implementation?

I tried my owned by editing some army traditions (which give integrity bonus on own or allied territory) but failed (it gives movement bonus but no matter what territory they are ).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	324006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attila_2015_04_12_00_35_58_616.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	436.8 KB 
ID:	324007
    (I modded it to 300% to testing)

Maybe new bonus_value_id should be made (mod_land_movement_campaign_own_territory, and mod_ship_movement_campaign_own_waters), but I don't know how to do that

Default Re: [Request] 2x Campaign movement in friendly territory. (1.5x if 2x is too much)

This is exactly what is needed or a mod that slows down campaign map movement speed while in enemy territory?
    It would solve the chasing enemies around your provinces problem

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemgr View Post
    This is exactly what is needed or a mod that slows down campaign map movement speed while in enemy territory?
    It would solve the chasing enemies around your provinces problem
    That is exactly what I thought, but implementation of it is beyond of my humble skill.

If anyone can successfully publish working version of mod, then who want other versions (e.g. 2x version as a cheat, or minimum bonus/severe penalty for replace of slower campaign movement mod) can simply mod the numbers with PFM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Droiyan7 View Post
    That is exactly what I thought, but implementation of it is beyond of my humble skill.

If anyone can successfully publish working version of mod, then who want other versions (e.g. 2x version as a cheat, or minimum bonus/severe penalty for replace of slower campaign movement mod) can simply mod the numbers with PFM.
    I can do it once i get back to attila modding, but have some other things to finish before i can.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would absolutely love this. great gameplay wise and very realistic to boot.

only exception that I can think of is moving hordes.
    Last edited by craziii; April 29, 2015 at 02:53 AM.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Was movement like this in the older titles? I can't remember.

Any news on this mod, I really believe that this will improve the game loads.