Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Default Re: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***INITIAL BETA RELEASE***

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    New mod is uploaded. OP description and download links have been changed to reflect this. Enjoy people. I should have Litharion's Marian Reforms for IA XIIICaesar's LoR version uploaded after work tonight. Still gotta do the AOR for its startpos. Let me know what you think everyone.
    Thank you very much for your work!

Default Re: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***INITIAL BETA RELEASE***

good job!

I can recruit volunteer Legionaires from day one in GC when using this great mod. Or maybe some else mod causes this?

Quote Originally Posted by jonezis View Post
    I can recruit volunteer Legionaires from day one in GC when using this great mod. Or maybe some else mod causes this?
    my mods:

Yup me too, as well as Tarentinoi Thereophoi (Tarantine thereous sprears), and Cohors Vigiulum.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

This is great many thanks Just noticed I cannot select shield wall with the units, Is this ability of any real benefit defensively as Rome ? does this really matter in Dei ?

Just got home from working in the glorious sun all day and find this waiting for my new campaign...couldnt have asked for a better day,top notch XIIICaesar,give yourself a pat on the back

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    This is great many thanks Just noticed I cannot select shield wall with the units, Is this ability of any real benefit defensively as Rome ? does this really matter in Dei ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Yup me too, as well as Tarentinoi Thereophoi (Tarantine thereous sprears), and Cohors Vigiulum.
    my mods:

I'll check it with my mod when I get home from work tonight. Didn't notice that when testing lady night though.

Did i get ahead of myself,is there a link for new DEI version,or is it just vanilla and radious versions at the moment?

Ignore that last post,ive obviously been out in the sun too long today,was being dopey,all sorted.

They look very nice,great job,one thing i noticed,didnt the eagle of each legion have their legion number and name written on the banner just below the eagle,like attached image?or am i imagining that or thinking of another mod?? The banners just say S.P.Q.R now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgardt View Post
    Did i get ahead of myself,is there a link for new DEI version,or is it just vanilla and radious versions at the moment?
    Ignore that last post,ive obviously been out in the sun too long today,was being dopey,all sorted.
    Glad you found the link. Have you noticed the bugs the others are reporting?

my mods:

Can't see the picture
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    I may not have included the ability. I'll check after work tonight

They look very nice,great job,one thing i noticed,didnt the eagle of each legion have their legion number and name written on the banner just below the eagle,like attached image?or am i imagining that or thinking of another mod?? The banners just say S.P.Q.R now.
    Yeah I've started in the OP I've still got to finish those banners & standard bearer shields
    Atwell as few other things including imperial legions shield& Marian shield

Thats great matey,when they are finished they will be perfect for immersion.As far as bugs go,none of my legions have shield wall,i presume they are meant to.Looking good though.

Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I checked the unit abilities. Sheild wall is missing. Its noted and on my to do list for the next update. I also noticed I had the technology requirement table still in the pack technologies; I removed that table as the scripts make that null and void. As for the scripts I could also recruit the Cohors Vigilum and Marian Volunteer Legionnaires. I have been workin for 6 hours now and haven't got the scripts working yet. I even took the ones that worked correctly in old Caesars Legions and pasted the new legion names over and it still worked incorrectly. I've messaged Litharion to ask him to take a look. I am working on it people, very sorry. It is a BETA for a reason though. I appreciate yuou r patience and feedback.

***UPDATE***
    I've managed to get the 2 units from appearing at the start of a Grand Campaign but the Marian legions still appear from the beginning.

*****ANOTHER UPDATE*****
    I've also got the units Imperial/Marian appearing as they should. No longer appearing during the start of a campaign but after each reform as they should be. Will upload the update later this week as soon as I've fixed the unit abilities (shield wall) and the faction ownership for custom battle (Imperial units to ea. individual faction)
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; April 15, 2015 at 07:42 AM.

Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Take your time mate,no rush,i think were all just happy that someone is giving their free time to provide us with a huge immersive mod.

I thing this units looks nice. But maybe I can notice two things which I realised. Both relate to shields. One is that shields are not too much red color like I have habit for romans and also about gold color I don't know if it was so available in the past for legions, if roman state must pay equipment for legions I thing state didn't pay for extra gold color if it have not same price like ordinary color. And second matter is mixture of different shapes of shields in one unit which seems to me strange. I can just say my opinion that shields in legions was the same for one unit perhaps because better formation hold in battle. But I'm not historian, it's just my opinion without any knowledge of true. I know you have a lot of work with it so it's just little mention from me.

Take your time mate,no rush,i think were all just happy that someone is giving their free time to provide us with a huge immersive mod.
    Thanks for the support people. Glad so many like the mod & appreciate my work

Quote Originally Posted by martin4 View Post
    I thing this units looks nice. But maybe I can notice two things which I realised. Both relate to shields. One is that shields are not too much red color like I have habit for romans and also about gold color I don't know if it was so available in the past for legions, if roman state must pay equipment for legions I thing state didn't pay for extra gold color if it have not same price like ordinary color. And second matter is mixture of different shapes of shields in one unit which seems to me strange. I can just say my opinion that shields in legions was the same for one unit perhaps because better formation hold in battle. But I'm not historian, it's just my opinion without any knowledge of true. I know you have a lot of work with it so it's just little mention from me.
    All red shields and uniformity between equipment is something Hollywood created in films. Historically legions were equipped by their commanders that raised the Legion or bought equipment themselves. It wasn't until imperial times the Principate era that the state provided. Shields had different designs and colors. Granted the Caesarean were uniform based on the commanders preference but I took artistic license with those. The Marian & imperial though are historically plausible & accurate. The armor is brass not good. Gold is a much lighter color. Yes the wings in shields are painted historically but I thought brass wings were a unique touch. The simmer Marian units use early scutuma & Augustan scutuma to stimulate the fact that when Octavian levied those legions he use some veterans from the Caesar's Caesarean legions as well as new recruits with new equipment Octavian would've provided. The veterans would've used their old e equipment which gives you the shield difference