Thread: Where to donate and copyright issues?

Default Where to donate and copyright issues?

Hey guys, I'm just a fan that got word of this through reddit. I had two questions.

1. Where can I donate? I am a huge LOTR nerd and will be buying Attila just to play this. I would really like to support the development team so that this goes to completion.

2. That being said. I really want this to go to completion. What are the chances that you guys are going to get cease and desist letters? Is there a way to get "permission" to create this mod? Why was Medieval: Third Age allowed to exist, but the Skyrim Middle Earth overhaul not allowed?

Thanks!

Default Re: Where to donate and copyright issues?

1.They can't make money from mods due to copyright issues. That's sad because i would pay more for this mod than i paid for Attila which is pretty mediocre Total War.

2.The chances are pretty low, they didnt use any trademark name, they are making music, models and everything else from scratch.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: Where to donate and copyright issues?

Quote Originally Posted by edwardpark8 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just a fan that got word of this through reddit. I had two questions.

1. Where can I donate? I am a huge LOTR nerd and will be buying Attila just to play this. I would really like to support the development team so that this goes to completion.

2. That being said. I really want this to go to completion. What are the chances that you guys are going to get cease and desist letters? Is there a way to get "permission" to create this mod? Why was Medieval: Third Age allowed to exist, but the Skyrim Middle Earth overhaul not allowed?

Thanks!
    Donate is not permitted. AT ALL.
    Third Age was released already when WB got rights on distributing and developing lotr games. I believe there were milions of copies installed already so no reason to close it (but in any case TATW has almost died).

The chances are 50/50. Of course we try to do everything what in our power to escape any copyright issues. But if we get C&D message what can we do then? Only do the same as Skyrim team did - create our own company ahaha

Closed.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; April 20, 2015 at 11:44 AM.