Page 97 of 213 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107122147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4242

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04 is released!

Dear, Alex Totalknight

The general information is here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?161111-Europa-Barbarorum-II-FAQ

There are 2 faction slots left that are still being decided.

You can get supervisor traits if a FM stays in the settlement and his governance style changes depending on how treat the province, effecting multiple stats. If you have a school he may learn just like EB1. For Parthia i think you have to be careful about a FM from the royal tribe governing an allied tribe. Brahmins and Kshatriyas are full of themselves and unloyal, while vaishas and shudras are generally more loyal but may try to abandon the Hindu caste system. In general however the traits are still being ironed out based on player feed back.

Imperial legions are a long way off being made, Marian legions are soon i think maybe September, i'm not sure.

Its not exactly like EB1 but it has the same ideals. Your playing MTW2 and not Rome 1 so it feels different there, looks way better but sloppy battle engine. Each faction has unique government system and some have extra mechanics like royal appointment for Seleukids. There is deep history and information for each province(about half are not finished though) as well as the units this time. It is not as complete as EB1 at this date but development is active.

Exceptionally yours,

The Mantaprey

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Hetairioi and Hetarioi BG are at 0.957; Xystophoroi are 1.1384. Unless you mean the cavalry for Epeiros/Bosporans, which are essentially more armoured Xystophoroi, but are still slower than them at 1.104.
    These are Makedonian bodyguard cavalry. Whatever change you made to the file did not have an effect. Like I said, I watched them in a very long chase across the whole map, and the "fresh" Xystophoroi did not gain an inch.

Biarchus

I have a small confusion with factional government particularly with the Ptolemaioi. I have 2 settlements just over 2000 population. One has 13% Hellenistic polities (Hibis). I was able to upgrade that government to a supervised native administration. The 3rd level I believe. The other settlement has Hellenistic polities of 37% (Paraitonion) but is still stuck with the military administration. The 2nd level government I believe. I have always assumed that higher culture is a prerequisite to upgrade your governments. This situation seems opposite unless I am not understanding the relationship between culture and governments or there are other determining factors.

Any explanation?

Edit: not 37%, 29%
    And I have now had another city (Pselkis) eligible for the native supervised administration at 23%.

Edit2: but now after building a minor polis in Paraitonion I can build a Hellenic Supervised Administration, skip from 2nd level to 4th level government?...

I'm definitely confused with these governments.
    Last edited by Hummer; July 30, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

I think requirements for a peace deal are too high, considering AI vs AI scenario. I don't think I ever saw "Hostilities Cease" in my Prits game. Turn 350. If two AIs declare war on one another, they fight to the death, and if elimination isn't possible, they fight till the end of the game...

Speaking of AI, their fleets are quite a joke too. Romans keep sending full flags of troops to invade my island on a single boat... So my navy of 10 boats just sinks them every single time.

Would it be possible to teach AI to use larger fleets when it is ferrying more soldiers?

EB Team,

not sure why, but it was start up when i click on the steam start uo option after doing a full clean install several time. I am installing it here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII. Does this cause many issues?

appreciate the help.

Alex

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Speaking of AI, their fleets are quite a joke too. Romans keep sending full flags of troops to invade my island on a single boat... So my navy of 10 boats just sinks them every single time.

Would it be possible to teach AI to use larger fleets when it is ferrying more soldiers?
    The next version will have higher ship recruitment priority than previous which was very low. Before people were unhappy about the way fleets were spammed (understandably since rome had an awful navy at that time)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

This will solve a lot of "I have too much moneys" problems as well. As player will have to recruit a proper navy to fend them off. :-)

Something that's been bugging me for a bit now: Are the stats of reformed Roman units for real? 10/28, 9/26, 11/24 and similar? How are those defence values assigned? Is there a system like RC/RR where each piece of equipment has its own stat, or you just added these with stats with EB1? There's no common Carthaginian or Greek unit that could possibly fight against these, especially when you take into account how common they are compared to other units of same potential. Please try in custom battle reformed Principes vs any Gaul unit, for example.

Another unit balancing curiosity: A Pritanoi general cannot defeat a single unit of slingers in autoresolve. :-D

That's mostly down to autoresolve being, well, autoresolve.

Also, I believe campaign difficulty influences autoresolve as well, meaning that Hard campaign difficulty puts you at a disadvantage when autoresolving. At least, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Something that's been bugging me for a bit now: Are the stats of reformed Roman units for real? 10/28, 9/26, 11/24 and similar? How are those defence values assigned? Is there a system like RC/RR where each piece of equipment has its own stat, or you just added these with stats with EB1? There's no common Carthaginian or Greek unit that could possibly fight against these, especially when you take into account how common they are compared to other units of same potential. Please try in custom battle reformed Principes vs any Gaul unit, for example.
    Every piece of equipment has it's own stats. So armour and shield values are consistent across all units (and costed thus as well). Romans are better armoured, and have big shields, thus the high values there. In the next version, all Roman unit's defensive skill has come down, because it was excessive. They're citizen militia, at the end of the day, not professionals.

First off all great work on the mod. It is clear alot of attention went into it and some details are simply amazing.
    I downloaded EB 2.04 however where can I see that I got the latest version. I downloaden 2.01 and then 2.04, however in start grand campain there stand start version 2.03l so I think this might not be the correct one....?

Furthermore I got aprox. arround every 2 turns a CTD where I need to quit EB this really aint helping playing a campain game (this can happen during battle or when entering a new turn).
    Playing as Pergamon is alot of fun but the reapeted CTD is killing it a bit.

Is there somewhere a guide how to use colinists because for me at this moment it is not clear how to use them and what are the conditions for them and there effects?

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    First off all great work on the mod. It is clear alot of attention went into it and some details are simply amazing.
    I downloaded EB 2.04 however where can I see that I got the latest version. I downloaden 2.01 and then 2.04, however in start grand campain there stand start version 2.03l so I think this might not be the correct one....?

Furthermore I got aprox. arround every 2 turns a CTD where I need to quit EB this really aint helping playing a campain game (this can happen during battle or when entering a new turn).
    Playing as Pergamon is alot of fun but the reapeted CTD is killing it a bit.

Is there somewhere a guide how to use colinists because for me at this moment it is not clear how to use them and what are the conditions for them and there effects?
    2.03l is what 2.04 was going to be called, before I decided at the last minute on uploading that the accumulated level of change was enough to move on to a new version number. When your menu says 2.03l, you are playing the latest version.

Are you playing with a Steam or retail version of M2TW?

Did you start a game in 2.01 before you patched to 2.04?

Did you ensure there is a log file being generated, as per the instructions in the first post, and if so, what does it say?

On colonists:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In order to either establish a new Minor Hellenistic Polis (polis_one) or Hellenistic Colony (helcol_one) or upgrade a helcol, you need colonists available, who come from owning a Hellenistic Metropolis (polis_three). There are only six of these on the map at the start of the game: Athenai, Korinthos, Syrkousai, Alexandreia, Ephesos and Pergamon. Thus the only factions who start with colonists are Makedonia, Ptolemaioi and Pergamon. AS don't have any Metropolii at the start, thus have no colonists available. Ironically, KH can't send out colonists, but start with a Metropolis.

You need to either conquer one of those, or upgrade a Hellenistic Polis (polis_two) into a polis_three. In order to do that, a settlement needs Hellenistic Polities 69% or above, have a market_three (Forum or equivalent, I think) and minimum gov5 (Hellenic Administration). Conversion does happen simply by having your government buildings in place, but it does go at the rate of about 1% every few years, so unless somewhere is close, this is probably going to be the bar to any upgrading, because that will take a long time.

Once you have a polis_three in your domain, for each one, you get a colonist group every 16 turns. As above, you can use this either to seed a new polis_one in a place which has a trader and Hellenistic Polities of at least 29%, or install a new helcol_one somewhere with farms_two. The latter will accelerate conversion to a Hellenistic Polities 30%, then the next level (requiring colonists again) will speed it to 50%, and finally helcol_three accelerates it to 70%.

In other words, if you're looking at somewhere with negligible levels of HP, you need to install a helcol_one first, which will speed the time to being able to install a polis_one. The problem you will have with Segestika is that it's size means you can't build the requisite level of farms, but by the time it reaches that scale, you will then be able to install a helcol_one (assuming you still hold Korinthos). In the meantime, if you want Phalangitai anywhere besides Pella, you should be aiming to install a helcol_two somewhere - Demetrias is a good option for this. You'll need two lots of colonists to do that - one for each level of helcol, and have to upgrade farms, road garrisons and install a Game Field.

The Polis and Colony are both troop-producing buildings, but give different troops. You get Greek-style levies and semi-professionals in the main out of the Polis (Hoplitai, psiloi, old-style cavalry, etc). You get Macedonian-style professionals out of the Colony (Phalangitai, Thureophoroi, Kretans, newer cavalry etc).
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; July 31, 2015 at 08:00 AM.

Once you have a polis_three in your domain, for each one, you get a colonist group every 16 turns (ie if you have two it's every 8 turns).
    Erm, this isn't correct. You get colonists in olympic years (turn 1, 17, 33, 49 ... ). You get one colonist per each lvl 3 polis. If you have three, you'll get three colonists at once every olympic year. You don't get colonists more often, you only get more of them at the set date.

Nevermind turns out my driver needed my computer to restart a second time after the windows 10 update. Windows 10 hasn't broke the game my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Once again, like Quintus has said, all feedback is useful so thank you to everyone.

In regards to this question

Partially due to the way culture is set up and AI's invasion decisions based on whether it can hold a province with relative ease or not. It's been marked and we are working on some ideas that may end up resolving this problem along with rebels disappearing too quickly. Personally I do not think that snake-like expansion is very common unless on a faction by faction basis rather than a whole... For some like the spanish ones, yes that is likely true but again it is a culture issue. And anyway, there are limitations within the engine itself like that which in a way make sense. After all a human player would not try to expand into at territory he knew would rebel unless he had sufficient forces to control the population or chose to commit near genocide.
    Thanks!
    Tribal Total War

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    2.03l is what 2.04 was going to be called, before I decided at the last minute on uploading that the accumulated level of change was enough to move on to a new version number. When your menu says 2.03l, you are playing the latest version.

Are you playing with a Steam or retail version of M2TW?

Did you start a game in 2.01 before you patched to 2.04?

Did you ensure there is a log file being generated, as per the instructions in the first post, and if so, what does it say?

On colonists:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In order to either establish a new Minor Hellenistic Polis (polis_one) or Hellenistic Colony (helcol_one) or upgrade a helcol, you need colonists available, who come from owning a Hellenistic Metropolis (polis_three). There are only six of these on the map at the start of the game: Athenai, Korinthos, Syrkousai, Alexandreia, Ephesos and Pergamon. Thus the only factions who start with colonists are Makedonia, Ptolemaioi and Pergamon. AS don't have any Metropolii at the start, thus have no colonists available. Ironically, KH can't send out colonists, but start with a Metropolis.

You need to either conquer one of those, or upgrade a Hellenistic Polis (polis_two) into a polis_three. In order to do that, a settlement needs Hellenistic Polities 69% or above, have a market_three (Forum or equivalent, I think) and minimum gov5 (Hellenic Administration). Conversion does happen simply by having your government buildings in place, but it does go at the rate of about 1% every few years, so unless somewhere is close, this is probably going to be the bar to any upgrading, because that will take a long time.

Once you have a polis_three in your domain, for each one, you get a colonist group every 16 turns. As above, you can use this either to seed a new polis_one in a place which has a trader and Hellenistic Polities of at least 29%, or install a new helcol_one somewhere with farms_two. The latter will accelerate conversion to a Hellenistic Polities 30%, then the next level (requiring colonists again) will speed it to 50%, and finally helcol_three accelerates it to 70%.

In other words, if you're looking at somewhere with negligible levels of HP, you need to install a helcol_one first, which will speed the time to being able to install a polis_one. The problem you will have with Segestika is that it's size means you can't build the requisite level of farms, but by the time it reaches that scale, you will then be able to install a helcol_one (assuming you still hold Korinthos). In the meantime, if you want Phalangitai anywhere besides Pella, you should be aiming to install a helcol_two somewhere - Demetrias is a good option for this. You'll need two lots of colonists to do that - one for each level of helcol, and have to upgrade farms, road garrisons and install a Game Field.

The Polis and Colony are both troop-producing buildings, but give different troops. You get Greek-style levies and semi-professionals in the main out of the Polis (Hoplitai, psiloi, old-style cavalry, etc). You get Macedonian-style professionals out of the Colony (Phalangitai, Thureophoroi, Kretans, newer cavalry etc).
    Thanks for your reply, yeah did all those actions, except I did not do the logging to:
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    level = * trace

I have changed that from now on.
    Let's see how it goes.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    EB Team,

not sure why, but it was start up when i click on the steam start uo option after doing a full clean install several time. I am installing it here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII. Does this cause many issues?

appreciate the help.

Alex
    Read through the FAQ and the first post on this thread. I believe the EB2 team recommends not installing in Program Files (x86) and also recommends keeping a short file path.

There's 100 turns of Pritanoi H/M (2.04) campaign (maps & events) behind and it's time for some feedback about the campaign itself and the CAI.

Pritanoi campaign:
    At first the campaign looked like a good challenge (and it said so in the preview when choosing faction) with all the eleutheroi armies surrounding the starting region, but I was surprised how comfortably I was able to conquer two regions and get rid of all the pestering armies. After the cleanup I had 12k debt, but I was making profit now and soon I was able to start improving the towns. Thereon it has been quite quiet on the island. Lusotannan army (5 units) came to visit the southern coast, but they left soon when I blocked their way with a stack of Prits.

Because of the isolation, there is no real threat of other factions in the beginning, so stronger eleutheroi forces would be good addition. The upgraded generals are a good start (I got more defeats in autoresolve battles with even forces and their forces didn't rout too easily in battles), but they could use some units too. I suggest reinforcing the armies and garrisons of Combrogon and Belerion and leaving the armies in southern regions as they are for now. This way the difficulty wouldn't rise too much at once (southern towns are still easier to take), but the campaign could offer the promised challenge.

One thing i noticed was that I could retrain (but not recruit) ambaktoi in newly conquered Wrikonon and Moridumon, but after building any kind of gov building the retraining option disappeared. Is this feature intentional? I couldn't find anything from the files that would explain this.

One very minor issue is that the spies chances of opening the enemy gates is quite high. I think I've had more opened gates than closed ones (all versions included). If the gates are not open immediately when starting the siege, then usually the next turn. I wonder if both of these modifiers: <spy_target_engaged_modifier float="2.0"/> and <spy_in_settlement_modifier float="2.0"/> are at work and cause a very high probability for open gates? Otherwise the spies have had a good balance.

CAI:
    Again my main focus has been in observing the the CAI, and most of the bigger issues I have noticed have been already reported many times (blitzing factions, easily made and governed empires, small garrisons in newly conquered regions), so I don't wan't to repeat these things again.

1.)Balance between the AI factions have been mostly good, and the Romans are the only exception with their almost unstoppable heavy infantry armies. In Greece Epeiros has been passive this time and they accepted vassalage under KH quickly. Macedonia fared ok and managed to keep Pella, despite being in trouble few times. Now that Crete joins the KH every time, perhaps they could be weakened a bit in the continent? All factions have been somewhat active, which is very good.

2.)Upgraded eleutheroi generals had surprisingly little effect on the AI faction expansion. For example, Roman armies run over the eleutheroi at Cisalpine Gaul with relative ease just like before.

3.)Brigands do spawn frequently all around the map, but don't have much effect on the factions.

4.)Civil revolts I noticed:
    -T5 Antiocheia Margiane (AS>eleutheroi) – had 4-5 units garrison
    -T7 Syrinx (AS>independent) -no garrison left
    -T50 Syracuse (SPQR>Epeiros) -one half strength principes unit left as garrison
    -T63 Felsina (SPQR>Boii) -caused a war between the factions
    -T73 Tarentum (SPQR>eleutheroi)
    -T90 Sala (Massylia>eleutheroi) -Massylian faction destroyed
    -T94 Tolosa (SPQR>Aedui) -caused a war between them
    -T95, T98 Lixus (QH>independent)
    -T97 Pselkis (Ptolemaioi>independent)

I bet there have been couple of short revolts that I didn't notice, so my uneducated guess is that the first hundred turns had about 13 civil revolts. Most of the revolts happened to the factions that have big empires or are expanding rapidly (very good), but the revolt in Sala made me little sad. Brave Massylians were fighting against QH armies at the border of their last region when their only city revolted. That was game over without the option of migrating. Revolts tend to be short and in most cases the revolting city is taken back in one or two turns.

I think I'll now look at the army compositons a bit. Is there any faction that needs more attention? Anything else I could check in this campaign?