Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Last edited by TheDarkKnight; September 02, 2015 at 02:46 AM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

As I expected, Jack the Ripper DLC

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

out of intereset, anyone a suggestion of where to get it the cheapest (with exception of g2play and such). GMG may do a special coupon, but Ubishop also has a voucher system...

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    out of intereset, anyone a suggestion of where to get it the cheapest (with exception of g2play and such). GMG may do a special coupon, but Ubishop also has a voucher system...
    Apart from the likes of Shady McThiefsStackofStolengames dot com, I'd put my bets on GMG. I don't think anywhere else has the same kind of deals in those time windows (GMG often has high profile games for 23% off before they are even released, and they are guaranteed legal. I think they had Witcher 3 for like 40% off the last week before it released even).
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Blog Entries

The Templars are mentioned once in this whole trailer, and not a word about Assassins. It just looks like a historical action adventure at this point based on the trailer rather than an Assassin game.

No mention of the creed, no hint at the greater story, nothing besides a single mention of a Templar.

I don't know guys. This game better be impressive cause I am simply not that hyped, and you guys know how I feel about this franchise.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Maybe they realized the story was going nowhere fast

Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post

The Templars are mentioned once in this whole trailer, and not a word about Assassins. It just looks like a historical action adventure at this point based on the trailer rather than an Assassin game.

No mention of the creed, no hint at the greater story, nothing besides a single mention of a Templar.

I don't know guys. This game better be impressive cause I am simply not that hyped, and you guys know how I feel about this franchise.
    I must say that it is alarming when one of the biggest AC fans on this forum (or any person I know for that matter) feels meh about the whole thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I must say that it is alarming when one of the biggest AC fans on this forum (or any person I know for that matter) feels meh about the whole thing.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting it. Or rather my girlfriend is for my birthday

But I'm much more reserved about the whole thing. I was disappointed that last year's "B" game (Rogue) was better than the "A" game, and that Unity's story was terrible. I am just hoping it is an improvement rather than "Look at all the pretty graphics we can make with this new engine!"

Blog Entries

I just got a call from gamestop. Apparently I can pick up my copy at 9 pm this year so I will start giving my first impressions on the game by about midnight PST

thiis year? sounds pretty vague.

I havent followed it that much, but the map is 30% bigger, more missions and variation and things to do, which all with all sounds good. However, if the stealth is as bad as Unity was, i might skip it. I wanna feel a predator when I clear out an area, and in Unity thats not possible with guards who are psychic and stuffed at 20/ square inch. you're basicly forced to fight in a really stupid way with constant rolls

Blog Entries

I meant as compared to last year, when I picked up both Rogue and Unity at 12 am. I still don't know why games are being released on Fridays this year but I don't mind

One of the most wimpiest and softest critics I know, gave the game a pretty bad review.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/games/20...loody-average/
    There’s just no spark of life in Syndicate. Everything is so by the book it feels like it was made in a factory by the child laborers I’m trying to free. They have refined the combat, stealth and traversal systems to a point where they’re as close to perfect as they’re ever going to get, but the actual content of the game itself refuses to evolve. The story is generic “Assassins kill bad guys for alien doo-dads” nonsense the series has had for ages now, and the missions feel like things we’ve done a hundred different times before, the difference being now we’re playing as twins and there are poorly-handling carriages everywhere. The map full of icons to clear and the inventory full of items to craft is a completionist’s dream, but more and more this series feels like it’s for people that find innate joy in 100% clearing open world maps, rather than those who want a game with a great story, amazing action sequences and original ideas.Black Flag should have been the wake-up call for Assassin’s Creed. After that, Ubisoft should have realized that they could doanything with the concept. Unity should have been a Samurai simulator. Syndicate should have been a Viking game. Instead we’re back to tightly packed cities and crowds for two years running now, like we’ve warped all the way back to the Assassin’s Creed IItrilogy. And no matter how pretty the games get and how tight the mechanics are, it never feels fresh anymore.
    For a game whose concept allows it to literally go anywhere on earth or in time, Ubisoft seems determined to keep the series stuck in one place as of late. It may be their comfort zone, but it’s becoming decidedly uncomfortable for fans who want the series to evolve. I would say that the pressure to be a yearly franchise is stifling creativity, but looking at Ubisoft’s other games like Far Cry and Watch Dogs, their addiction to the same open world formula is more pervasive than that. Something needs to fundamentally change within their culture, or they will become irrelevant as others press forward with new and interesting ideas instead.
    They also seem to omit the female sibling a lot from the marketing, it's like they really didn't got any cues during Unity.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 22, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

About a year or two ago I was all hyped for an AC game based on a Victorian era London, but now the more I see and read about the game, the less enthusiastic I get. The historic setting and kill animations are of course nice but I have always valued a good story more. I hope the series was less about action and more about giving food for thought, and perhaps playing with a known conspiracy theories or giving a chance to doubt that maybe our belief of history is all lie. Well, you’re standing there at the premiere of historic events, watching things from the shadows, where the whole assassin-templar thing is influencing the course of the future.

Perhaps some national treasure game would be more to my liking then. For one, I truly liked finding secret entrances and finding the truth to mysteries in the old titles.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Based on reviews I've read, this game is actually pretty good?

I didn't buy Unity and thought I'd sworn off the AC series for at least a few years, but I may get this tonight.

On the other hand, I might just wait for Halo next week and play it until Fallout comes out.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesξr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Blog Entries

From what I have been reading, the game is significantly better than Unity. A lot of the reviews say between 8-9 out of 10.

Granted, its not hard to beat Unity, but at least it shows Ubi listened.

Edit: By the way, I want spoilers tagged beginning now since the game is releasing within a few hours.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; October 22, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

Meh, it seems like every AC game after AC3 was deemed a "new, fresh step in the right direction to get the franchise back on its tracks" by reviewers. Seriously thats what I heard about Black Flag, Rogue & Unity and now this one. Just goes to show what an irrelevant mess this franchise has become

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Meh, it seems like every AC game after AC3 was deemed a "new, fresh step in the right direction to get the franchise back on its tracks" by reviewers. Seriously thats what I heard about Black Flag, Rogue & Unity and now this one. Just goes to show what an irrelevant mess this franchise has become
    And the game press. CoD games have more radical changes.

Blog Entries

We'll see.

Honestly this is a franchise I love playing just to see them bring these cities to life. I just hope we eventually have another game with more locations.

The two most popular french video games websites gave 5/10 (Gamekult) and 13/20 (jeuxvideo.com). Not really good, especially if you consider it's a franco-quebecan game.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    The two most popular french video games websites gave 5/10 (Gamekult) and 13/20 (jeuxvideo.com). Not really good, especially if you consider it's a franco-quebecan game.
    they were probably pissed the british got a better treatment. I mean, they usually are

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast