Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37627778798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1794

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

I noticed an inconsistency, but I'm not sure how important it is stability-wise, in the IBFD.txt in the scripts folder, a few of the Frankish armies that spawn have a "Barbarian Slinger" unit in them. The Franks don't have ownership of the unit, nor are they able to recruit it or have unit cards. I just gave them ownership and made them recruitable instead of removing them from the script file so I can keep save game compatibility. Would it cause a crash if you tried to fight a Frankish stack with that unit in it, since it doesn't have a model or texture assigned for that faction?

Hello, my game crashes almost after every battle:
    355 campaign, 6tpy
    what to do?

I know, after battle CTDs are a very frustrating issue but unfortunately there's no definitve fix. The only ways the community has found to be effective on the other hand limit gameplay experience.

The most effective is to go in SAI\preferences\preferences.txt and set UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE. This has the downside effect of denying multi-stacks battles so it will go down to 1vs1 most of the time, the other stacks of the losing side retreating random on the campaing map.

Another option is to keep UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE but be very careful not to kill enemy generals and stay under 90% of enemies killed. This prevents enemy stacks to be completely wiped out, it is especially helpful in the infamous "besieged city CTD", which happens when an army tries to relief a besieged army but both get wiped out; the city is left without garrison and should be automatically conquered but often it ends in a CTD.

You might find a lot of "miracles" searching forums. NONE of them worked for me. These are:
    -waiting for up to one or two minutes before closing the battle results scroll and going back to campaign. They say it gives the computer time to elaborate data...
    .patching exes to allocate 4gbs of Ram. It helped me having a slightly smoother game, but never prevented crashes.
    -use less graphic-intensive options (unit detail, vanilla vegetation instead of RSII..)
    -keep only one loading screen quote (found on a russian site)

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

There's an issue with the Magister Militum Illyricum ancillary since I currently have more than one of them. It seems they don't have the only one restriction.
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

I don't know why, but no matter where on the campaign map I fight a battle, the climate is everytime Mediterranean and Mediterrannean only. This affects also custom battles. Anyone having the same thing?

Edit : I use RS2 Environments.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    I don't know why, but no matter where on the campaign map I fight a battle, the climate is everytime Mediterranean and Mediterrannean only. This affects also custom battles. Anyone having the same thing?

Edit : I use RS2 Environments.
    I have had similar experiece. I can not say there was mediteranean vegetation everywhere but I have encountered it in many unlikelly places like Britania, Panonia, in eastern Europe north of Dacia and if I remember correctly also is osme places in Germania. Unfortunatelly I do not know how solve it so I just got used to it.

There's an issue with the Magister Militum Illyricum ancillary since I currently have more than one of them. It seems they don't have the only one restriction.
    I have noticed also som other titles which are held by more than one character from the same factuon at the start of Valentinian I campaign.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

To fix the Magister Militum Illyricum problem, open the export_descr_ancillaries.txt file which is found in the data folder, destination SAI\data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt. Go to line 9020. You should find this:

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger trigger_office_magister_militum_illyricum
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition CultureType roman
    and Trait MagisterMilitumIllycrium > 0
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists office_comites_rei_militaris_illyricum

AcquireAncillary office_magister_militum_illyricum chance 100

Replace office_comites_rei_militaris_illyricum with office_magister_militum_illyricum in the line with the highlighted text, then save and close. This will fix the problem. It will not be save-game compatible unfortunately.

Cheers

Hi there, hoping someone can help!

I keep getting something that states: "SAI/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 19, column 1 "horde_min_units": This feature is not supported"

Any idea as to what's happening? I did a clean install and it's BI 1.6

Found this as a possible solution:

Yes, if you search this thread, the same problem others had was that they started the game in Rome Total War mode, instead the Barbarian Invasion mode.

If you starts the game in steam make sure you right click on Rome Total War title in the Steam library, instead of just double click to start Rome Total War.

Once you right click on the title and the pop up menu shows up, select Barbarian Invasion will get you the correct mode.

For unkown reason, the Rome Total War Gold Edition does not have Barbarian Invasion as a separate title, but rather a menu choice under the Rome Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post

Yes, if you search this thread, the same problem others had was that they started the game in Rome Total War mode, instead the Barbarian Invasion mode.

If you starts the game in steam make sure you right click on Rome Total War title in the Steam library, instead of just double click to start Rome Total War.

Once you right click on the title and the pop up menu shows up, select Barbarian Invasion will get you the correct mode.

For unkown reason, the Rome Total War Gold Edition does not have Barbarian Invasion as a separate title, but rather a menu choice under the Rome Total War.
    Hmmm, see the problem is when I do that it just loads up vanilla Barbarian Invasion.

Hmm I've done that but it just seems to load up vanilla BI

Quote Originally Posted by YourHighness View Post
    Hmm I've done that but it just seems to load up vanilla BI
    Have you the correct path with your desktop icon. Perhaps follow these instructions and see if it works.

TO CREATE SHORTCUT TO DESKTOP MANUALLY:

This is for people who may be experiencing problems with SAI not loading the SAI shortcut.

1. If the shortcut fails to materialise on your desktop or the path is incorrect in the "target" window, please try reloading the game first.

If this fails to solve the problem please follow the following instructions.
    For those who have the SAI Icon on their desktop:

- Right click on the SAI Icon
    - Select Properties
    - In the target box, copy and paste the following:

-mod:SAI -show_err after RomeTW-BI.exe. Make sure you leave a space between .exe and -mod:SAI -show_err.

2. If there is no Icon on your desktop then please follow these intructions:

- Go the folder where SAI has been installed.
    - Right click on the BI.exe icon.
    - Select "Send to Desktop"
    - The BI.exe Icon should now be on your desktop.
    - Right click on the Icon.
    - Select Properties.

-mod:SAI -show_err after RomeTW-BI.exe. Make sure you leave a space between .exe and -mod:SAI -show_err.

Have you the correct path with your desktop icon. Perhaps follow these instructions and see if it works.

TO CREATE SHORTCUT TO DESKTOP MANUALLY:

This is for people who may be experiencing problems with SAI not loading the SAI shortcut.

1. If the shortcut fails to materialise on your desktop or the path is incorrect in the "target" window, please try reloading the game first.

If this fails to solve the problem please follow the following instructions.
    For those who have the SAI Icon on their desktop:

- Right click on the SAI Icon
    - Select Properties

2. If there is no Icon on your desktop then please follow these intructions:

- Go the folder where SAI has been installed.
    - Right click on the BI.exe icon.
    - Select "Send to Desktop"
    - The BI.exe Icon should now be on your desktop.
    - Right click on the Icon.
    - Select Properties.

I've tried that too but it doesn't work, I just keep getting the same error.

i had problem installing this mod it cannot complete installation it says " sai\data\ui\barbarian\eventpics\prebattle_siege.tga contains invalid data (error 21fc)
    hope you guys can help me ... i already reinstall it but it always occur

nevermind it works now

I only crash when I use the soundmod. It seems that perhaps certain sounds or triggers cause the whole game to crash, as it can be at any point in a battle or on the campaign map. Is there a way to make the soundmod work? I like what little of it I can hear before the CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    I only crash when I use the soundmod. It seems that perhaps certain sounds or triggers cause the whole game to crash, as it can be at any point in a battle or on the campaign map. Is there a way to make the soundmod work? I like what little of it I can hear before the CTD.
    I'm afraid I don't know. That is the first time I have heard this kind of CTD.

To fix the Magister Militum Illyricum problem, open the export_descr_ancillaries.txt file which is found in the data folder, destination SAI\data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt. Go to line 9020. You should find this:

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger trigger_office_magister_militum_illyricum
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition CultureType roman
    and Trait MagisterMilitumIllycrium > 0
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists office_comites_rei_militaris_illyricum

AcquireAncillary office_magister_militum_illyricum chance 100

Replace office_comites_rei_militaris_illyricum with office_magister_militum_illyricum in the line with the highlighted text, then save and close. This will fix the problem. It will not be save-game compatible unfortunately.

Cheers
    Are there any "collection" of these fixes? Or do we have to search and apply them one by one every time we reinstall the mod?

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

I've always wanted to use this mod, however when I try to start it from the shortcut or RTW on Steam I get the error message "Script error in SAI/data/descr_sm_factions line 19 column 1. horde_min_units not supported". Is this error because I'm using steam? I directed my install to the Program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Rome Total War Gold.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Cybermat47's Avatar Libertus

I get an error on startup:

Script Error in SAI/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 18, column 1.

"horde_min_units": This feature is not supported