Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revamped English Text

Dark Samurai's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Revamped English Text

The file name looks like it's just the normal english patch for the mod. Can someone confirm this?

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Yeah, I think it is, now that you mention it.

edit: try this it's from my install, I'm pretty sure that they're ninja's text files (really this time) with a few more random fixes here and there, I also included the "Buildings_Final.rar" and the "Buildings_Final_BB.rar", they're the export_buildings files the Ninja 51 made, for use the BB one if using Kahvi's Battle Buildings addon, let me know if it works for you.

here it is Revamped
    Last edited by DeathtoEgo; April 30, 2015 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoEgo View Post

edit: try this it's from my install, I'm pretty sure that they're ninja's text files (really this time) with a few more random fixes here and there, I also included the "Buildings_Final.rar" and the "Buildings_Final_BB.rar", they're the export_buildings files the Ninja 51 made, for use the BB one if using Kahvi's Battle Buildings addon, let me know if it works for you.

here it is Revamped
    Thanks I'll try it!

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoEgo View Post

here it is Revamped
    I can't get the download to work on your link.

Thanks DeathtoEgo ~ I download the file. So just to confirm, all those files just need to replace the files in the 'data' folder? I also already started a game before but read that Ninja51 said it's safe to replace the text files even though a game has been started.. right?

Also.. the only thing I don't have is Kahvi's Battle Buildings add-on. I read that it's not save-game compatible. So will that be a problem? I'm not sure what that really means...

Wow this place sure is a ghost town..

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

How else can you build mystique without making others feel abandoned in a ghost town?! we're all just awaiting the next version me thinks, luckily folks like DeathtoEgo have been still working for the current mod, I kinda lost all my files and shudder to think how updating them will go down the line but we'll see, the passion was still burning after a year of playing the current version, the next just might stir the same drive to get the whole thing a little more consistent and cohesive. A lot of us were younger back then though, youth equals free time until you hit the eventhorizon and get retirement

Actually it just feels like everyone is dead lol. All slain my goblins or something. I've noticed a new version is being worked on.. with races of the 'End Times'. Rat battles!! I hope there's Tomb Kings.. Anubis style warriors are just cool~!! It's good that there are still people working on the mod even though the real Total War: Warhammer is coming out soon (who knows when). Btw I can confirm Kahvi's Battle Buildings is useless as it is as it can't be opened.. probably because no hotfix is downloadable.. probably orcs went WAAGGHHH!! on the modder lol

haha you never know, when playing with "Daaaarrrrk Forces" anything can happen, opening your closet to find a 6 foot wide orc is just part of the business! I'm still pretty unsold on the official warhammer game though, Rome 2 burned me so bad It straight soured my taste for total war for a good long while. Luckily they've got the Crusader Kings II - Game of Thrones mod to pass the time, which actually makes that overpriced unfun jumble of a game one of the most brilliant strategy experiences around.

is this compatible with the 1.6 beta ?

It won't be, they will have added new buildings, factions, and units, these text files won't have any of those new sections present

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    haha you never know, when playing with "Daaaarrrrk Forces" anything can happen, opening your closet to find a 6 foot wide orc is just part of the business! I'm still pretty unsold on the official warhammer game though, Rome 2 burned me so bad It straight soured my taste for total war for a good long while. Luckily they've got the Crusader Kings II - Game of Thrones mod to pass the time, which actually makes that overpriced unfun jumble of a game one of the most brilliant strategy experiences around.
    Haha... nah I'll open a portal to space and the stupid orc can drift into space and get smashed by meteors lol~!! But I think some modders just aren't nice enough to care.. but whatever ~ I'm over it. But Total War: Warhammer sounds awesome~!! I started getting into the world of Warhammer from the mod and the official game would have better graphics and a whole bunch of new mechanics. OH ~ Griffons and Demigryphs and more super magic and DRAGONS~!! Never bought Rome 2 as I of course would've heard of the problems.. even though there were patches. Shame though.. haven't had an army of Praetorian Cohorts for ages since Rome:Total War. Yeah I've read about that mod too.. that it was good! Lots of diplomacy? Still.. I'm more into Warhammer now.. more fantasy. A GoT mod I tried seemed cool with all the place names and stuff.. but armies are a bit boring.. and no whitewalkers I guess..

Aye, the GoT mod for Medieval II inst quite there yet to give you an experience that feels like GoT, the Crusader Kings II mod however does really give you that intrigue that makes up a dream GoT game. It kinda feels like a college crash course in feudalism truth be told but outside of having a few strict rules that break immersion, it really does provide some serious fun waiting for rivals and greater houses to show weakness, to POUNCE and capture their entire family after storming their keep, then executing everyone and taking big names as your Salt Wives as the Iron King Balon Greyjoy is the only power fit for an Iron Throne! Its gotten pretty in depth with white walker invasions, systems for the Nights Watch and different societal systems from Essos too. It really gets the feel of GoT, which is why I love this mod so much, it perfectly captures the Warhammer feel. Playing as an Imperial state really feels like it when surrounded by other allies and hordes of Chaos and Orcs at your collective doorstep. Shining silver knights with rows of pike and shot infantry against a stampeding army of beautifully modeled greenskins is like nothing else.

If they can get that feel down I'd be ecstatic about Total Warhammer, its just that CA proved with Rome 2, they arn't above making desperate cash grabs with a messed up base game and 10, 15 dollar unit packs that modders had already made obsolete. I played at launch and a year later mostly with user mods and it still was optimized for with bad AI and constant non-sensible combat that had my troops unable to stand up to any AI army after they all mobbed together and gave up on formations soon as a clash happened. Now that CD Projekt Red continues to blow me away with consumer respect, proper bug fixing, and game play enhancements, I just don't have patience for shady money grubbing companies. Which also happens to be exactly what Games Workshop is, so despite my love for the Warhammer aesthetic and universe, two greedy dodgy companies getting together has me more worried than excited.
    Last edited by ninja51; July 16, 2015 at 04:39 PM.

Yup.. I remember I was so excited to play House Targaryen but then the immersion was broken a bit when Viserys was the leader. Some troops also looked bland and generic. Though I've read they are working on an updated version. So the gameplay of the GoT mod for Crusaders II also includes controlling troops real-time and then attacking the castle gates and walls? Did Balon Greyjoy employ Theon's help or is he still 'Reek' without his manhood somewhere in the North lol? So... now you're talking about the Warhammer mod?

Well it's no surprise you and many others have lost respect for CA due to the Rome 2 experience. I think if there were bug problems then those patches should be free.. if it wasn't then that really will anger people. Sounds like you've been playing The Witcher III lol.. yeah I believe they are a better company.. I have The Witcher 1 and 2 but have yet to play them. I've checked out the Games Workshop site of the Warhammer figurines and there's a lot very cool models and warriors of the Old World.. but they are really expensive~!! How do they expect most people to afford that stuff? It would be great if it was like the old days where buying 1 game has all the features included and you 'unlock' things instead of paying separate for them. I dislike cash grabs too.. if the company releases good, bug-free games but needs to sell packs for the company to survive and create better services for the customers then that's reasonable I guess.. not if the games are bug ridden and broken though. Correct?

haha sorry my posts, if on multiple subjects, tend to be pretty scattershot. You are correct though, DLC is fine, Rome 2's was just mostly redundant, overpriced, and didn't ever really fix the actual problems I had with the game. I mean, they had 15 dollar "faction packs" that straight up didn't do a single thing modders couldn't, new units and new playable factions with the same three faction specific bonuses every other faction gets. Modders had even already covered a number of the factions that CA wanted 15 bucks for. At that point, they arn't trying to survive, they coulda fixed the game to do that, they wanted dat muunaay. I too remember the days of games having worthwhile secrets and unlockables that games nowadays try to charge for. That's why the Witcher 3 is doing things right in the sense of tons of free cosmetic DLC, free quests that are actually pretty cool, and free scavenger hunts for more free cosmetic DLC haha and they're going for two old school huge Shivering Isles/Diablo II Lord of Destruction expansions which I couldnt be more excited for. Oh and also, skip Witcher 1, its rough, too rough to really play. However the Witcher 2 has some seriously great story in there, even though it is a bit janky. Try to power through the opening, its the same crap generic brown fantasy peasant village you get in every first area in an RPG. As soon as you see a powerful king striding to the top of a mountain, that gets amazing.

As for Games Workshop, you're exactly right, How do they expect people to pay for that stuff?! Its really interesting because their tabletop games are the most strategic and in depth around (before the new Fantasy Battle update atleast) and while they've got super cool models, YOU need to do all the work to assemble them and paint them, on top of needing a ton of troops to play the cooler big battles, and every damn troop is ludicrously expensive! Its exclusively a middle aged man game, as no one under the age or 25 could even come close to affording the 500 dollars needed to actually really dig into the hobby. It's why I went with Magic the Gathering, its far cheaper with great strategy. A friend of mine accidentally assembled a complex 40k tank wrong, and just lost 100 dollars when he finally gave up on spending hours and hours and hours trying to get it right. That's one damn unaccessible hobby for your ass!

Crusader Kings II however doesn't exactly have those real time troops that makes Total War awesome. Its more like an overhead view of a drawn out map. You raise levees individually by provinces or bigger lordships that rule over a number of provinces, and to get huge armies you need to join up the mustered forces of your subjects. Think of it as Robb marching south leading an army of 3000 winterfell men, 5000 troops sent by the Umbers, 2000 Dreadfort troops, ect. ect. Now each of those minor lords still holds onto a good portion of their troops, so thats how, as a smaller nobody lord, you can still defend yourself, fight other lords if you've got a reason to, or try to expand your power when your AI ruler summons up your levees. You can have your characters lead armies, but some characters are better at intrigue, diplomacy, education, or stewardship. You mostly have those guys as your Castellan, Master of Spies, Master of Coin, more ect. ect. They can upgrade your provinces or help give assassinations or a number of other plots a higher chance of happening. It leaves alot to the imagination visually, but its the only game i've seen focus more on what you're doing with other characters than the battles. You'll get duels between characters in battles, you'll make friends and rivals, you and the AI are always looking to expand their influence through better marriages to bigger houses. Its just a cool, really unique game that works fantastically with GoT, especially considering how many unique GoT type plots and options the mod adds to it. The base game is overpriced and kinda boring, its even recently been ripping features from the GoT mod to the base game because they add so much. As for Theon, well they call him Theon the Strong in my game. I decided to side with Robb as Balon and I attempted to conquer the Westerlands. Theon still became a turn cloak unfortunately, but it happened because he stayed in the Iron Islands at my court instead of going back to fight with Robb. I took the Westerlands, killed, drowned, or executed damn near every Lannister I could get my hands on and went on to take Highgarden to have Theon rule over. Euron and me made up after Victarion and Aeron died and his son now controls Casterly Rock. I have since changed the title of my kingdom from The Iron Islands, to The Iron Lands, which will fit rather nicely when I die and have King Theon take the Iron Throne.

lol it's alright.. was just a quick change of subjects suddenly . No wonder Rome 2 players felt like CA was screwing them over.. you can see on the Steam page of Rome 2 with so many negative reviews! And 15 bucks for a faction... ONE faction?!! Yeah no thanks.. I'd go for mod over that any day. Not a good look for the company to be so greedy. Wow really? Free dlc for The Witcher 3 ~ sounds awesome!! Now that's how you make customers happy hehe . But it's weird to skip a game.. I would miss out on the story.. what do you mean by rough to play though? I've read that 1 and 2 plays totally differently control-wise. Hmm janky story? I wonder what weird thing you're talking about in The Witcher 2. I'm imagining some cut scene with that King or something.. anyways I might find out.. someday lol ~ if it gets played.

People would have to be really rich.. or have really rich parents I guess. Strategy is good! Yeah I noticed you have to paint the models.. assemble and paint.. sounds time consuming though.. especially for a huge army! Exactly.. it's un-affordable for lots of people.. and it's niche as well so not everyone would be interested in table top games like Warhammer. That's why the Warhammer shop in the Shopping Centre has closed down I guess.. not making money! So I lost my chance to go look around there . 100 dollars for a tank.. and messed it up. Your friend must have been pissed.. I know I would be if something so expensive went wrong.

Well that GoT mod sounds very complex.. interesting with the lords and troops.. but Robb Stark should really destroy the Boltons and Freys and not worry about the Lannisters if he wants to have a happy family lol. What do you mean Theon became a turn cloak? lol I wonder if the Greyjoys can really beat the Lannisters if they fought each other.. seemed pretty grim for them when Ramsay Snow slaughtered them at Winterfell.. oh yeah Theon (Reek) was the traitor.. betrayed the good guys *Sigh* Don't you just wanna slaughter those Boltons since they're such flaying, sadistic maniacs? And more about the show.. sucks that the Boltons basically slaughtered Stannis's army with... what looked like ALL cavalry. Now if only there were more spearmen to counteract that.. don't even know if there was spearmen with Stannis actually hmm. Who's Euron, Victarion and Aeron? Characters from the books or made up characters? King Theon?! Nooo... Queen Daenarys~!!

hahaha King Theon will find himself with the turncloak trait which pretty much just lowers others opinion of him, but I'm alright with that. He was called Theon Turncloak in the books all around the Bolton's camp, so I guess I'll just have to try extra hard to wipe away that stain of his name with the BLOOD OF MINE ENEMIES!!! Euron, Victarion, and Aeron are all Balon Greyjoy's brothers from the books. Victarion burned the Lannister fleet during Balon's rebellion so hes a badass warhero, Euron raped Vict's salt wife (His stolen conquest woman) and he was exiled from the Iron Islands, and Aeron is a salt priest who believes very strongly in Balon's divine right to rule. I hope they start to focus on the Iron Islands in the show, but its kinda coming to the point where it might be too late story wise. Its what is really interesting loving the show and books, they are straight up different tales at this point with different characters. Tyrion hates his entire family with a murderous passion, but in the show he still is tight with his brother. Stannis gets cut down in the show understandably after his men leave him though the entire cavalry attack was kinda weird, especially as they go into detail in the books of how all the horses are slaughtered for meat and to conserve food as both armies are kinda starving. Though in the books, Stannis actually has been busting his ass getting all the north behind him before he takes Winterfell. He has this cool quote about how his brother Robert would rush the the gates of Winterfell and bash the door down with his hammer. But he is not his brother Robert! haha so he captures Theon's sister, gets a ton of houses behind him, and as his situation improves the Bolton's quickly deteriorates. I think they are gunna have maybe the same King/Queen in the end, but how they get there will be totally different. Hell, its even a possibility two different butts will sit the Iron Throne in both versions which I find cool as . I'm probably gunna try to take the Bolton's down in my CK2 run, but they're a little far flung to bother with as the Iron Islands.

The Witcher 3 is really the only game thats come out in quite awhile that oozes "labor of love" in every stage. They just put out a patch that fixes just about every problem in the game, they are still making free DLC, and they've got big plans for worthwhile expansions I can't wait for. As for playing the others, there is bits of the Witcher 3 that reference character's history together and while it is kinda cool to know the entire circumstances of the history, its written well enough that it just feels like natural interaction, the details arn't too important. Especially when the gameplay just isn't fun in the Witcher 1, nor is the voice acting or writing super impressive. The Witcher 2 makes leaps in both and is worth playing, but is still rough in gameplay progression and doesn't have super fun combat persay. There is a way to choose some story decisions to import into the Witcher 3 from the second, but again, it isn't exactly necessary to even know what those story decisions were when importing them as its done naturally through an optional dialogue scene in the third.

Oh and, Aye Yo! Check out my mixtape! Track twelve is straight deep. Track one is a bit rough dough xP

https://soundcloud.com/chase-hamill/...e-audio-review

Where is the DONLOAD link????!?

Quote Originally Posted by War_Dreken View Post
    Where is the DONLOAD link????!?
    It's the 2nd post on this page from DeathToEgo, who re-uploaded the mod. It appears that random glitch on forums had deleted the original download.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123