Thread: "has stopped working" when I modify land_units_tables with Pack File Manager

Icon5 "has stopped working" when I modify land_units_tables with Pack File Manager

Attila "has stopped working" when I modify land_units_tables with Pack File Manager. Or at least when I save the land_units_tables with Pack File Manager.

Default Re: "has stopped working" when I modify land_units_tables with Pack File Manager

Hi. Happened to me too. It worked when I didn't delete the units I don't want to change. Try leaving the units there.

Default Re: "has stopped working" when I modify land_units_tables with Pack File Manager

what did you edit in the file?

I think that it doesn't work, whatever the modified value is.

And it work well for Rome II.

For me wasn't the value. Let me give you an example. when you open pfm, open db/land_unit, there are a lot of units, right?
    You want to change only two units, so you delete the rest of them from the table. That was the problem, at least for me. Just edit the units however you want but don't delete other units, just leave them there as they are. Or maybe there is other problem, in that case, sorry.

Weird.. maybe you changed something that wasn't supposed to be changed.

Yet I just change the moral.

Regvlvs's Avatar Foederatus

Same problem here. I think it worked before I got The Last Roman. All I wanted to do was add a little more ammo to siege artillery and increase the stats for pikes a few points. Instant CTD. Making a new mod.pack in PFM did not work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Regvlvs View Post
    Same problem here. I think it worked before I got The Last Roman. All I wanted to do was add a little more ammo to siege artillery and increase the stats for pikes a few points. Instant CTD. Making a new mod.pack in PFM did not work either.
    Hi guys, just chipping in here to say I might know the problem. Worth a try at the very least if you still have not come right. The PFM tool doesn't want to play nice with the latest update to Attila. You're going to have to use the official assembly kit tools to make any changes to those tables.

Regvlvs's Avatar Foederatus

Interestingly though it is apparently not an issue with other tables. I can edit campaign_variables fine, for instance.

The official assembly kit need the game for appearing in Steam?

Maybe you guys should take this to the official PFM thread and get the help of the people who actually made it and work on it?

It works. I had a previous version.