Thread: Warhammer Lore Questions

Default Warhammer Lore Questions

Gents,

I do not know too much about the lore of the Warhammer lore (I was a 40k kid growing up), and not knowing makes me sad:

I am working on developing buildings for the Beginning of the Endtimes Sub-Mod, which can be found here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-The-End-Times

I know the names of the continents and moons of the Warhammer World. Having read the full wiki article here:
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_World

But could you perhaps assist me with these questions?:

1) What is the name of the actual planet that the Warhammer world takes place upon?
    2) What is the name of the Sun that the Warhammer world orbits?
    3) What are any other celestial points of interest that are not in the above wiki-article?
    4) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I hope you may assist me in the questions and thank you in advance!

(the last one especially, has been troubling me for years... especially vis-a-vi its high correlation to the 14th century coconut migration in England and subsequent usage of said coconuts for alternative medieval transportation purposes... I mean why are we NOT funding research into this????)
    Last edited by Ajpav; March 14, 2016 at 01:35 AM.

Default Re: Warhammer Lore Questions

This page has some info about "warhammer world" and its star system and other planets if you haven't already read it (But it doesn't answer your questions).

I think they simply call them earth and sun as we call ours...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    This page has some info about "The Warhammer World": http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warhammer_world and its star system and other planets if you haven't already read it (But it doesn't answer your questions).

I think they simply call them earth and sun as we call ours...
    Thanks TheEmperor!!!!
    Just to clarify from the info on the wiki-page you posted:

Would the locals call it the "Warhammer World" or the "World-That-Was"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajpav View Post
    Thanks TheEmperor!!!!
    Just to clarify from the info on the wiki-page you posted:

Would the locals call it the "Warhammer World" or the "World-That-Was"?
    People would just call it "the world", and not have much use for a specific name for it, not regularly traveling between worlds, after all. "World-That-Was" comes from Age of Sigmar, since it was destroyed, so "was". The sun is just the sun, I believe.

Yes, "world that was" term is used to name the world after its destruction and as WhiffOfGrapeshot said the inhabitants of warhammer world just called it "the world".

IMO & according to the wiki, "Warhammer" is best suited for naming the planet.
    Last edited by TheEmperor; March 14, 2016 at 05:43 AM.

There is a teory that Warhammer fantasy world is just a normal planet surrounded by a warp storm so the Warhammer 40k Imperium cannot reach it and bring them a light of Emperor.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

What do you mean?, African or European swallow?

Quote Originally Posted by straight edge savior View Post
    What do you mean?, African or European swallow?

Whaa? I, I don't know that!? - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    (Sea Otter flies off the bridge into oblivion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    There is a teory that Warhammer fantasy world is just a normal planet surrounded by a warp storm so the Warhammer 40k Imperium cannot reach it and bring them a light of Emperor.
    I'm pretty sure GW has expressly disavowed that idea. They wanted creative freedom to write both universes independently, while borrowing themes from each other in mix-and-match fashion. So they said that those are definitely totally separate worlds.

There's a lot of back and forth between the two worlds though. For example, the Chaos Chosen's visual design became the basis for Space Marines (both the good and the bad ones), and then the Space Marines recently got copied back into the fantasy setting as the Stormcast Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajpav View Post

1) What is the name of the actual planet that the Warhammer world takes place upon?
    )
    According to the new game, it is now call Mallus, but that does not mean it was call that during the 8th edition or end times.
    source: http://ageofsigmar.wikia.com/wiki/Mallus