Thread: Is Blood and Burning worth it?

Icon5 Is Blood and Burning worth it?

As of now I have all of Attila's DLCs except for Blood and Burning. I couldn't find a proper review of the DLC, since most people say "it should have been free", or whine about the price. So since it's on discount now (0.80 something cents on Steam) should I get it? does it cause any frame rate drops, or lags?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Is Blood and Burning worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post
    As of now I have all of Attila's DLCs except for Blood and Burning. I couldn't find a proper review of the DLC, since most people say "it should have been free", or whine about the price. So since it's on discount now (0.80 something cents on Steam) should I get it? does it cause any frame rate drops, or lags?
    as far as I know it cost you FPS
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I don't think it's that big of a graphical hit, but I can tell you why I think they left it out.

Sure they could have put it in for free, but I think that they want people to buy it so that everyone starts off without it being all bloody and whatever, incase if young kids want to play it and their parents are paying.

That way the parents can just simply NOT buy the pack if they want to censor their kids from such things.

Personally, I get the dilemma.. but when it comes to DLC, I wish they'd just sell us an "all inclusive" pack that had Everything in it, for like $120 and just be done with it

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Buy it right now. Atm there is SEGA Sale on steam. With the discount it obviously wort it. I recently installed a mod that upgrades the blood. Mates from TWC advised me the one called "purple rivers", if I am not mistaking. It is cool actually.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

But did any of you notice lags, or frame drops when zooming in battles?

But did any of you notice lags, or frame drops when zooming in battles?
    Nope, the drop is really minute. So if the game runs without any lags on ur pc, with Blood DLC it won't lag aswell. Bro, it is really cheap, you must buy it I think. In big MP battle u can disable the option if u want, but in campaign or other battles it is a really cool performance when u see how the charging infantry fall in blood.

I don't think if it lags. I mean I haven't noticed any differences with ot without Blood DLC.

Btw, the reason why they did't release game with Blood etc. is very well explained by emcdunna.

I just wish they had actually put out a statement on it. Like, informing the community the reason why they did what they did.

Those $3 or whatever that you spend is pretty cheap, and they have to be able to justify the cost of going through the effort to make blood removable.

Otherwise they'd probably just the whole game family friendly, since it'd be too much work to add blood for free

Guys I didn't ask why they made it into a DLC, I know the reason behind that. All I asked is wither it causes frame rate issues or not.

I believe we gave answer to your question already.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Guys I didn't ask why they made it into a DLC, I know the reason behind that. All I asked is wither it causes frame rate issues or not.
    blood and burning does NOT cause frame rate issues.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I didn`t notice any frame drops, but it must cause at least 1 since it is extra stuff going on on screen, especially since they increased the rate of blood letting in a patch. I preferred it before they did that, now heads `prick` off alarmingly regularly.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

I never really get these kind of questions: "Should I buy Attila?" "Should I get wakawaka-DLC?"

Also, it's .80 bloody cents on sale. It's not like you're buying a new Lexus.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; March 15, 2016 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Off-Topic/Personal

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    I never really get these kind of questions: "Should I buy Attila?" "Should I get wakawaka-DLC?"
    I appreciate these kind of question because very often user's experience is way more different from what the producers tell about heir products and what you expect to have.
    But in this case, I must admit, that it is way too cheap to wonder whether to buy it or not.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

I agree. It's 80 cents for something that if you don't like then you can simply switch off on the graphic settings. This topic doesn't need to have a new thread opened on it nearly 10 months after Blood and Burning was released
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; March 15, 2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Continuity
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

First of all whats up the hostility? secondly this forum is for people to ask questions (wither you like them or not) you don't really have to comment if your annoyed by it, your basically creating a negative atmosphere. Do everyone a favour and keep your negative attitude to yourself.

btw i dont mind the price of the DLC at all, all I asked wither it causes fps issues, and I couldn't find a proper answer over the internet, so TWCenter was my last bet (I was actually hesitating to ask at first, due to people like you)
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; March 15, 2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    This topic doesn't need to have a new thread opened on it nearly 10 months after Blood and Burning was released
    This statement doesn't make any sense at all. So what if it came out 10 months ago? why should that limit questioning the DLC? not everyone experienced the DLC so even after 10 months of release you should expect some questions, threads, etc. People who haven't experienced/bought a game, or DLC yet are more likely to ask questions about it.

I just can't understand how you don't get a very basic concept. You don't even need critical thinking skills....

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

This statement doesn't make any sense at all. So what if it came out 10 months ago? why should that limit questioning the DLC? not everyone experienced the DLC so even after 10 months of release you should expect some questions, threads, etc. People who haven't experienced/bought a game, or DLC yet are more likely to ask questions about it.

I just can't understand how you don't get a very basic concept. You don't even need critical thinking skills....
    Oh I totally understand how you're feeling. The thing is, we're not talking about a $8 Cultural Pack or a $15 Mini-Campaign, but rather 80 cents on something that can be turned off in the graphical options. My recommendation is to simply give it a shot, see how it works for you, then pass judgement on it. Graphics/Frame rates vary a lot depending on the computer in question and all the advice in the world won't help you with that.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance