Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

& yes,the problem is not just with Armenia, but with every Faction in the 1-Turn campaign.

I can only toggle on/off battle time limit for the 0-turn campaign,1-Turn Roma campaign & the swap factions campaign

if you open the game menu on the campaign map, you can toggle it after starting the campaign itself

I donīt know if this is a known bug but my siege towers donīt always work correctly. That means the units cannot climb up the tower and theyīre not able to drop the siege eqipment either. It didnīt bother me too much since it always was one tower that didnīt work, but in the last battle only 1 of 3 towers was working and my whole army had to use one tower. Later the stuck units managed to climb the towers but the battle was almost over and some units were still stuck at the entrance of the tower.
    Other thing I noticed is that some enemy siege towers seem to be indestructible, even if my archers shoot tons of fire-arrows at them.
    I`m using rtw.exe by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlus Lostus View Post
    I donīt know if this is a known bug but my siege towers donīt always work correctly. ...................
    This is a long known and un-fixable 'bug' (by the Mod Team at least as it's in the base software).

The only way it can be addressed is, once the tower is at the wall, tell the unit to march away from the tower and then order them to move to a position on the top of the wall. This often needs to be repeated ad-nauseam until all of the troops finally enter the tower. Once they have the ramp will drop and they will assault the wall. Other units will then follow.

It seems to happen in the transition from moving the tower, dropping the 'siege equipment' and then entering it - and the troops just seem to mill around the opening. Get them to move away and back again; and often repeat those orders; and eventually you'll see more and more go in.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

does anyone know how many men the engine can handle? i just got a new gaming rig and i thought it will be pretty awesome to do huge battle. problem is it got very choppy with that size (20.000 men) when i tried it. it's not lag because my framerate is about ~40 . it's like many frames are skipped, it makes the movement of the men looks like a robot. the camera movement also become very choppy. is it my pc or the rtw engine can't handle that many men?

Quote Originally Posted by D00MBR!NG3R View Post
    does anyone know how many men the engine can handle? i just got a new gaming rig and i thought it will be pretty awesome to do huge battle. problem is it got very choppy with that size (20.000 men) when i tried it. it's not lag because my framerate is about ~40 . it's like many frames are skipped, it makes the movement of the men looks like a robot. the camera movement also become very choppy. is it my pc or the rtw engine can't handle that many men?
    RTW was designed to use the 'Normal' setting that is now called 'Medium'. I always play on 'Large' and don't seem to have a problem, but then I have an RTW-specific PC and do not try to use seriously enhanced graphics.

RTW has always seemed, to me, to be aimed at those of us who used to figure-game. We have always been quite content with the ratio-system where, typically, each figure/sprite represents between 10 and 20 men.

Having problems with 'Huge' on the battlefields is commonly known - I wouldn't use it.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

neep's Avatar Tiro

I typically run with the 'Huge' setting and have seen battles with 20k men on the battlefield.
    I have a Nvidia GTX 780 and have never seen issues with being able to handle the graphics of the battle, even though I have most settings on High.
    Even though it's not the latest GPU it's easily able to handle the game without breaking a sweat.

But, what I have seen is that my CPU becomes the bottleneck. Only one CPU core is used to by RTW, and this has to handle the pathfinding of the men.
    A simple, but large, battle in the open doesn't cause any issues.
    Having a siege engine try to pathfind through a forest, or having thousands of troops try to funnel across a stone bridge, seem to be the worst scenarios in terms of CPU computation.
    When this happens, I've seen my game drop to one or two frames per second.

To counter this, I've been slightly overclocking my CPU to get to the point where it doesn't suffer from this. Currently running at 3.2GHz and will gradually increase further if necessary.

You might want to double check what speed your CPU is running at just to make sure that a single core is fast enough.

i'm using gtx 970 and I5-4460 using turbo boost clocked at 3.4 GHz. i'm using the highest setting possible,also tried the lowest setting possible but the problem persist. when i do 5000 vs 5000 it ran normally, but when i do 10.000 vs 10.000 it started to get very choppy, but my fps still showing 40+. my cpu is also only at 40% load . i saw someone on youtube who did 20.000 men battle on RS 2, he does get a bit of lag but not choppy like mine. while me it got very choppy but it doesn't lag at all it's weird.

It should also be remembered that RTW knows absolutely nothing at all about GPUs - whatever your graphics card is; as long as it matches the main bus speed then a 500Mb card is fine.

RTW knows nothing about multiple CPUs either - it will only use 1 core - it doesn't care about anything above 3 Mb of RAM either.

The only thing, as alluded to just above, that will make a difference is the CPU speed itself - 3GHz and above being recommended.

Tiro

Something i never noticed, Arretium (Etruria) cannot build a mineral import building?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

That's because it has an 'iron' resource'. Regions with a metal resource can't build the import building.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    That's because it has an 'iron' resource'. Regions with a metal resource can't build the import building.
    'Can't' - so much with the negatives waves man.......

It's more like - they just don't need one!

Tiro

So then its stuck with allied troops forever?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    'Can't' - so much with the negatives waves man.......

It's more like - they just don't need one!
    The way the conditionals are written for that building, a hidden resource called 'weapons_import' is required in a region in order to be able to build the 'weapons import' building. All regions without a weapons metal resource...like iron, copper, tin....were coded in descr_regions.txt with a 'weapons_import' hidden resource. Therefore, you should not be able to build a 'weapons import' building in Arretium because it does not have the weapons_import hidden resource. Rather, it has an 'iron' resource. This does not prevent the building of any barracks, however. So I'm not sure what you mean 'jrhindo' about being stuck with Allied units forever? That shouldn't be either....unless there is something wrong with the placement of the iron resource in that region.......I'll check it.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Tiro

You can build all the barracks, but i figured the roman proper units needed mineral imports and the rest to recruit. So only way to recuit something is going the allied building path, and not grant citizenship afterwards, since it removes the allies and i never seem to get more troops afterwards.

I want to reinstall RTW to play this amazing mod again. But I hate to play RTW and M2TW at 1080p screen. UI stretching is horrible and unbearable for me. How do you deal with it? Is there any way to have an acceptable resolution and fine looking 2d part of the game?

Patrician

I play all RTW mods at 1920x1080 with 'Widescreen' enabled and it looks 'acceptable'. RTW was not made to display these larger resolutions, but a good crisp flat screen monitor or television works fine. Generally speaking, playing RTW at the 'recommended' display ability of your screen results in the best picture. Setting it lower results in a blurry look.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Chicos, buenas a todos, me he instalado el mod Roma-Surrectum 2, para rome total war, todo genial pero tengo un problemita, y es que se activaron las reformas de mario todo bien, pero cuando quiero las reformas imperiales para tener legiones segmentadas no me sale nada de legiones y en ninguna otra otra region, a que creen que se deba gracias.

Download the http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3659

4Pty script (0-turn) its a whole new gaming experince,
    and this time you actually has time to invade Carthago-Novum in 208 BC just like the
    Scipio guys.

So do yourself a favour, install the 4-Pty script, i restarted it ,
    because the Seleucids became too powerful, with this script, i hope
    the stay reasonable historic static!...

Because it takes 4 turns per year instead of two...

Actually it is made for RS 2.5 but makes RS 3.1 a whole new gaming experience (0-Turn)...
    The only minor bug is ancillaries.txt on row 9604 but delete that row and your good to go...

Roma...

first I use notebook and I do not have extra graphic card.
    3.0 version, I have serious lag at campaign map.
    mainly reason of lag is water tile, mountain tile, wood tile
    if I move screen to dessert time(south edge of map), there are no lag.
    somehow those time require a lot of calculation.
    I tried to lower setting. it did not work better.

Unmark shadow option at video option is best.
    it is really better performance at campaign map
    is it possible make new water and mountain, tree tile ? which are not require graphic resource?