Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***11-16-2015 UPDATE***

Quote Originally Posted by TheCataphract View Post
    I apologize if this answer is obvious but is this mod compatible with the latest version of DEI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    Falco, Caesar's current version works with Dei 1.1, CiG and Dei IA; there is also a version on the OP for the vanilla Rome II.
    I think so, but i am no expert (it boots and shows up in custom battle, have yet to test campaign) . If it works it will do so untill DeI starts changing it's startpos for 1.2 - but i bet Caesar will also be on the war path when that time comes.

Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

So does this work with DeI right now?

If yes, then the legions I have available are using the unit cards of vanilla and not DeI. I just got into the Marian era and have level 2 cohort barracks in Rome. Is it possible to get the DeI style unit card legions?

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***11-16-2015 UPDATE***

I didn't get far enough into my campaign to fully test it - with Caesar's legions enabled and loaded before DeI i noticed the descriptions of the manipular barracks bugging out and disappearing all together so i removed it sadly. - The unit cards did work fine for me when i loaded an army template in a custom game, all legions showed up.

So the key is to load Caesars legions AFTER DeI?

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Okay so I've been absent for awhile. I know... Just been far too focused with real life commitments. I only have my previous work saved up to some time in 2014 i think. Anything after that I'll just have to pull from the last update uploaded. The extent of work I did before I just don't have the time to do anymore. Soldier textures and the like. I can keep the AOR system, of course, and the legions with their info/names. The shields, banners, & standard bearer shields will be the only things unique to each legion. The DeI,Radious,Vanilla versions will just their individually mod styled soldiers in the legions, only with my shields ported from RSII. I'm downloading updated for Rome and The latest DeI. Once I know it and the scripts are working I'll resume work on the shield.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; May 16, 2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typos and updates

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Caesar, thanks for not forgetting us. I'm still employing your mod and wouldn't enjoy Dei half as much without it. I think we all fully understand your RL issues and are just grateful for you hanging in there to whatever extent you're capable.

Could I ask just one favor? I know you haven't messed with the Imperials at all and now will likely not going forward. And that's fine by me. However, the missing centurion helmet crest in all the imperials replaced by a single red feather looking device is really annoying.

I put a question on the Dei forum in early April asking how hard it would be for me to just substitute a Marian centurion figure with the correct helmet plume for the anemic Imperial centurion in all Imperial legions. This actually makes historic sense since from my reading, most centurions stuck with the chain mail even in legions equipped with the lorica segmentata to retain superior freedom of movement and flexibility with their phalarae harnesses on as well.

Dresden responded to this question in the RSII directory with instructions which would seem to be easy. His supposition though was that I had experience with PFM and I have none. I've downloaded PFM 3.5.2, but nothing about it seems intuitive. I've watched two You Tube videos, but didn't get much out of those either. I've since asked if anyone knew of a simple, step by step tutorial on PFM on the PFM thread, but so far no answers.

I'm hesitant to ask this given how busy you are except that Dresden's reply seemed to indicate that for someone familiar with PFM, this was a simple cut and paste evolution. So if in your current work, you could include this centurion swap to rid the legions of this pussy looking helmet feather I'm sure the legions' gods, Mars and Mythras, plus most of the rest of us would be exceedingly grateful. And I will thank you mentally every time I play thereafter.

Again, welcome back and thanks for this terrific mod.
    Last edited by Paladin247; May 16, 2016 at 01:03 PM.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Caesar, thanks for not forgetting us. I'm still employing your mod and wouldn't enjoy Dei half as much without it. I think we all fully understand your RL issues and are just grateful for you hanging in there to whatever extent you're capable.

Could I ask just one favor? I know you haven't messed with the Imperials at all and now will likely not going forward. And that's fine by me. However, the missing centurion helmet crest in all the imperials replaced by a single red feather looking device is really annoying.

I put a question on the Dei forum in early April asking how hard it would be for me to just substitute a Marian centurion figure with the correct helmet plume for the anemic Imperial centurion in all Imperial legions. This actually makes historic sense since from my reading, most centurions stuck with the chain mail even in legions equipped with the lorica segmentata to retain superior freedom of movement and flexibility with their phalarae harnesses on as well.

Dresden responded to this question in the RSII directory with instructions which would seem to be easy. His supposition though was that I had experience with PFM and I have none. I've downloaded PFM 3.5.2, but nothing about it seems intuitive. I've watched two You Tube videos, but didn't get much out of those either. I've since asked if anyone knew of a simple, step by step tutorial on PFM on the PFM thread, but so far no answers.

I'm hesitant to ask this given how busy you are except that Dresden's reply seemed to indicate that for someone familiar with PFM, this was a simple cut and paste evolution. So if in your current work, you could include this centurion swap to rid the legions of this pussy looking helmet feather I'm sure the legions' gods, Mars and Mythras, plus most of the rest of us would be exceedingly grateful. And I will thank you mentally every time I play thereafter.

Again, welcome back and thanks for this terrific mod.
    I'm still gonna do the Imperial shields. So you want a tutorial on changing the helmets?

This is what Dresden told me about how to swap out the two centurions. "Its easy to do, simply change the officer entry in their land_units table entry. So, copy the entry for that column from the Legionaries unit and paste it into the Legionary Cohort unit."

Then when I asked about how hard PFM was to manipulate, he replied, "Its very easy to use. Simply download it from the TWC forums and unzip it. Open it and open up the pack (in this case probably caesar's legion pack). Find the table /db/land_units and look in there for the officers column. Very simple program to use."

However, in the several times I've tried to use PFM, I've gotten precisely nowhere. Sorry to be such a noob about moding.

All I want is a centurion figure in all the Imperial cohorts who has the proper horizontal helmet plume. I want you to do it in whatever you deem to be the easiest, least troublesome method for you.

I only suggested swapping out the Imperial centurion figure with the Marian figure because Dresden's comments seemed to indicate that was pretty easy.

I apologize if this has become a pain in the neck or someplace lower.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

This is what Dresden told me about how to swap out the two centurions. "Its easy to do, simply change the officer entry in their land_units table entry. So, copy the entry for that column from the Legionaries unit and paste it into the Legionary Cohort unit."

Then when I asked about how hard PFM was to manipulate, he replied, "Its very easy to use. Simply download it from the TWC forums and unzip it. Open it and open up the pack (in this case probably caesar's legion pack). Find the table /db/land_units and look in there for the officers column. Very simple program to use."

However, in the several times I've tried to use PFM, I've gotten precisely nowhere. Sorry to be such a noob about moding.

All I want is a centurion figure in all the Imperial cohorts who has the proper horizontal helmet plume. I want you to do it in whatever you deem to be the easiest, least troublesome method for you.

I only suggested swapping out the Imperial centurion figure with the Marian figure because Dresden's comments seemed to indicate that was pretty easy.

I apologize if this has become a pain in the neck or someplace lower.
    Give me time to rediscover my way around PFM and all and I'll see if I can help you out.

***UPDATE***
    I'm going back through the Caesarean shields now. Changing the designs on the shields to just painted. Only Centurions will have brass wings. When I do the Marian and Imperials it'll be the same.

Last edited by XIIICaesar; May 16, 2016 at 09:49 PM.

I thank you my friend for whatsoever you can do to help these poor centurions who must cringe in the mirror.

Icon4 Re: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***11-16-2015 UPDATE***

Caesarean shields are finished. Centurions have brass wings while legionnaires have painted wings. Unit models use the same as DeI instead of my custom textures I was using for the soldiers. I may go back and add my cutom textures back in in the future but right now I don't have the time and therefore am concentrating on solely completing the shields (Marian & Imperial too) so that the mod will be complete. Also instead of a full 30 or so legions in both Marian & Imperial, it'll be ONLY the 13 Marian & 16 Imperial that are in Roma Surrectum. I'll set the Marian legions to upgrade to whatever Imperial legions are recruitable in the same areas. I'm using the Roma Surrectum AOR maps to correlate the upgrades as accurate as I can with their AOR. I started trying to port their AOR legions & system and got very ambitious and real life comitments got in the way. I'm going to do just the legions in Roma Surrectum in Marian and Imperial to finish the mod. Then I'll move to standard shields. Next standard banners. After that if time permits I'll go back and revisit all the custom textures I was doing and push forward after to the Imperial textures. Right now my main focus is the shield so the mod is in a semi-mostly complete state first. That way all legions at least have unique shields for gameplay enjoyment. I will go ahead and give a heads up though that when I upload the new version it will not be save game compatible. Expect it sometime towards the end of the week. Also I do have it working right now with current DeI although only in custom battles ---> I havent checked the campaign to ensure the script reforms are working correctly although I expect they most likely are.

***UPDATE***

Only Marian shield textures left are the Centurion, X Gem, XI CPF, & XIII Gem. Then I'll do the rigid_models and variant def & mesh for the shields and legions. After those are done & I know they're working in-game & have the unit upgrades finished I'll upload an update before moving on to the Imperial shields.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; May 18, 2016 at 05:56 AM.

Finish it all and victory will be complete! Thx

Quote Originally Posted by martin4 View Post
    Finish it all and victory will be complete! Thx
    Your welcome. Caesarean shields are done. Marian shield textures are finished; doing the models and variants now.

nashpik's Avatar Libertus

Ah man, I can't wait.
    + rep

Hi Caesar.
    Any progress mate?

Almost finish with Marian rigged models. I'm gonna download Kaziels Romans again before go further and add it on for unit variants and do the Marian shield variants. I'll upload it this weekend before i continue with the Imperial shields

Still working on the mod. Sorry I didn't upload before moving to Imperial shields. I've only got 6 Imperials left thigh. And I've managed to re merge Kaziels Romans back into the mod for a base for the soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Still working on the mod. Sorry I didn't upload before moving to Imperial shields. I've only got 6 Imperials left thigh. And I've managed to re merge Kaziels Romans back into the mod for a base for the soldiers

Take your time mate.
    We highly appreciate your work.

Take your time mate.
    Indeed.

Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nashpik View Post
    Take your time mate.
    Thnx for the confidence and appreciation dudes I'm almost finished with Leg XIV Gemina Martia Victrix. After that is Leg XV Apollonaris, XVI Flavia Firma, XX Valeria Victrix, XXI Rapax, XXII Deiotariana, & XXII Primigenia. I also think that I'm gonna change the color scheme I've been doing for the shields. My current method is I pick either the standards shield or the legions shield color from RSII and use that same color for both shields. I'm gonna go back and in each of them change them to where the legion has same color as RSII and the standard has same color as RSII standard. This means most will be 2 different colors; a separate color for the legion and for the standard just like RSII originally was instead of both the same color. I think this will add some variety. It only takes a few minutes per shield if that so no worries about it delaying or prolonging the project That will be done to the Marian and Imperial shield. The Caesarean shield I'll change to reflect the Marian/Imperial counterparts. I'll probably also simplify their designs as well to both reflect their original incarnations from Franky235's Caesars Legions and the fact that they were early legions used by Caesar. I think that the more detailed shields wouldn't have appeared until the professional establisehed legion of Marian and Imperial times with traditions and such. Thoughts anyonme?