Page 83 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687888990919293108133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Semisalis

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by alevort View Post
    Hello Tyraels, have you incorporated on it that modification for zombies written some post above?
    I'm not the modder of this file :p

Quote Originally Posted by alevort View Post
    Hello Tyraels, have you incorporated on it that modification for zombies written some post above?
    The zombie fix is incorporated in 1.01, anyway, so yes. Using the file provided in the link should have zombies behaving as they should.

I have a problem, when ever I try to load a save on a campaign the game crashes

i didnt patched and run the game then get error in 1rst turn, then patched and now i cant run it and have an error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" anybody have a solution ? :<

I've noticed that the cavalry of the Ogres don't don't attack when they're into a fight, they just charge but when they've finished the charge they stay passively receiving the enemies' attack. Can someone help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Owl7 View Post
    I have a problem, when ever I try to load a save on a campaign the game crashes
    If you've already followed the installation instructions from Thrawn, make sure that the campaign you are running is the "long campaign" variant (as specified in the campaign setup). I think there is a bug with the Short Campaign script that causes the crash.

Sieges still crash no matter what. Could this be because one has a different region\language version of the game? Other mods do work, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    That's to do with the buggy, slow "line fire" thing where first rank fires, then reloads, then second rank fires then all reload. It drastically reduces killing power as the anim takes forever to circle and only a third of so of your men actually fire at once.

If you remove the attribute, "gunpowder_unit", from all infantry gun units it allows them all to fire all at once in a big volley when loaded, without waiting for that long animation. Then they all reload and fire again.

It makes the handgunners very effective.

SO:
    1. Go to export_descr_unit.txt in your data folder
    2. ctrl and f, search for gunpowder_unit, remove from all inf units (handgunners, fireloques, other empire, thunderers, strelec, jezzails, long rifles, most pistol armed infantry etc)
    Make sure, however, you LEAVE gunpowder_unit attribute on for ratling guns, lead belchers, blunderbusses, other specials etc as it affects them properly, (lead belchers need it on or they become super OP rapid fire artillery, ratling have own style)

And BANG! Handgunners become what they are meant to be, deadly close to medium range fire support.

As to spawn armies, I simply lowered the "random percent" chance to half of what it was so less of them occur rather than none. Plays better I think.
    I kept the garrisons but made them less elite and gave each more of a flavour, for example with Skaven I have mostly clan eshin for one, mostly clan skyre for another etc.
    Thank you for the Handgunners fix! Works like a charm and now gunners are worth buying. I'd like to know what you did to the garrison script to make it work better though. I like garrisons since the AI (even though CoW's improved it dramatically) has problems defending its cities sometimes, but the fact that they get so many elite units bothers me. If I'm sieging a Vampire Counts settlement and they have a garrison, I expect to see swarms of zombies and lesser skeletons backed by a handful of elite guard, not a legion of elite knights with one or two zombies to fill the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWhichThinks View Post
    If you've already followed the installation instructions from Thrawn, make sure that the campaign you are running is the "long campaign" variant (as specified in the campaign setup). I think there is a bug with the Short Campaign script that causes the crash.
    I have the same particular problem. I've followed the installation instructions precisely and started a long campaign with the Dwarfs. I've played about 40 turns or so with some saving and loading. Evrything went just fine, however I am not able to load that particulat campaign again. Neither fan autosave nor my save file. And again, I was able to load the campaign few times before. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Also, I have encountered this strange issue in faction selection screen. Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungrim Daffodilfist View Post
    Also, I have encountered this strange issue in faction selection screen. Does anyone know how to fix this please?
    There was a problem with your installation. Reinstall.

Also can everyone please be sure to make sure you're using the latest patch before pointing out errors? If you're seeing a Slann as the Anvil of Doom or having problems with zombies, or several other problems, you're NOT using the latest patch, so you're reporting bugs that might already be fixed.

Is there any way to make the zombies walk and run at normal speed? Right now they are not fun to play, since they take too much time reaching the enemy to be of any use.

Hi all,

So i have downloaded and followed the instructions from the youtube video exactly, and I have installed the patch also according to instructions. I do not use Steam so i have ignored the steam specific part where I need to rename the string. However, I cannot launch from the normal kingdoms.exe and i have been launching for the BAT file in the directory. I get crashes every 3-4 turns constantly, no matter what faciton I play as. I am assuming this is because the patch is not working when launching from the BAT file? should I even be launching from the BAT file as a non-steam user? In the youtube link he just says to launch from whatever I use normally to launch other mods, but for other mods (LOTH Conquer, or RotG) have their own specific launchers that work for me with little to no crashing.
    Any help for a non-steam user like me would be much appreciated!

Love the mod and the work put into this! you are all heroes. Pour yourselves some extra pints this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    Is there any way to make the zombies walk and run at normal speed? Right now they are not fun to play, since they take too much time reaching the enemy to be of any use.
    In the export_descr_units there's a move_speed_mod line for some units. Add that line in the same place for Zombies and set it to something like 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerf View Post
    Hi all,

So i have downloaded and followed the instructions from the youtube video exactly, and I have installed the patch also according to instructions. I do not use Steam so i have ignored the steam specific part where I need to rename the string. However, I cannot launch from the normal kingdoms.exe and i have been launching for the BAT file in the directory. I get crashes every 3-4 turns constantly, no matter what faciton I play as. I am assuming this is because the patch is not working when launching from the BAT file? should I even be launching from the BAT file as a non-steam user? In the youtube link he just says to launch from whatever I use normally to launch other mods, but for other mods (LOTH Conquer, or RotG) have their own specific launchers that work for me with little to no crashing.
    Any help for a non-steam user like me would be much appreciated!

Love the mod and the work put into this! you are all heroes. Pour yourselves some extra pints this week.
    Using the bat file will not stop the patch from working. You should try reinstalling again, something probably went wrong.

I found that in Bretonnian Campaign you can't recruit trebuchet because in export_descr_buildings there is a "and not {papal_state}" on the wrong line. For anyone who wants, you need to drag that piece on the next level of that structure (marksmen building)

Well this is strange... I got the 1.01 patch and it seems that all the fixed have happened EXCEPT for the anvil pictures during end turns. Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by thingy850 View Post
    Well this is strange... I got the 1.01 patch and it seems that all the fixed have happened EXCEPT for the anvil pictures during end turns. Anyone know why?
    Because that wasn't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    I'm of the opposite view they feel better in use with them slow moving.

I've a question for the folks here is how can check that my version 1 wasn't a corrupt download I downloaded from moddb? Looks to be the right size and I am sure it is but would like to know for sure for piece of mind. Patch 1.01 is working ok (I got the faction symbol back for the VC in the gui).

I've seen some text and graphical ui errors which I assume are placeholders.
    Audio and text reference to France in the diplomacy screen when in contact with Brettonia.
    Missing large diplomacy icons in diplomacy screen.
    Night Goblins diplomat build icon is the same as Med 2 diplomat.
    Various other text placeholder referances in other screen. Sorry didn't make a note when they occured I was enjoying myself in this mod.

The public order is beter in the VC settlement that has no starting troops now before that was in the red.

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    I'm of the opposite view they feel better in use with them slow moving.
    I agree, they're slow moving meat shields, that's part of their tactical balance.

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    I've a question for the folks here is how can check that my version 1 wasn't a corrupt download I downloaded from moddb? Looks to be the right size and I am sure it is but would like to know for sure for piece of mind. Patch 1.01 is working ok (I got the faction symbol back for the VC in the gui).

I've seen some text and graphical ui errors which I assume are placeholders.
    Audio and text reference to France in the diplomacy screen when in contact with Brettonia.
    Missing large diplomacy icons in diplomacy screen.
    Night Goblins diplomat build icon is the same as Med 2 diplomat.
    Various other text placeholder referances in other screen. Sorry didn't make a note when they occured I was enjoying myself in this mod.

The public order is beter in the VC settlement that has no starting troops now before that was in the red.
    No fixes have been made to graphics, UI, placeholder text, etc. yet, only fixing unrecruitable units and things like that. If the game is working without major crashes, then it should be installed right.

hi guys wow just wow how quick how did the patch and i got problem now in warhammer.bat siege work for me now but i now get crash at battle i lowed dawn the graphics and still didn't work i was think maby this some unit cause this crash
    if someone can help me i will be grateful thanks