Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

release the beast ;-)
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Bingerus View Post
    release the beast ;-)
    Just uploaded the update. Should be save game compatible. Unit upgrades are back in. Still need to do the standard bearer shields and banners. I'm working on unit cards now. Refer to the changelog for more info.

***EDIT***
    Just so everyone knows, this latest upload includes the full 25 Marian legions and 28 Imperial legions.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; June 22, 2016 at 05:12 AM.

I have done campaign with this new legions and it was great to have so much variety legionaries in armies. Thanks for this work. But maybe one complication for me was problem with latin culture which is need in DEI to allow recruiting legionaries. So more building for change to latin culture is needed.

And I have one question about area of recruitment. It is right that I could recruit in italy or cis alpina more than one type legion(for example in italy I, VII, XIII, X..)? I didn't know if it was intentional or not. I just recruited that one, where I went.

Quote Originally Posted by martin4 View Post
    I have done campaign with this new legions and it was great to have so much variety legionaries in armies. Thanks for this work. But maybe one complication for me was problem with latin culture which is need in DEI to allow recruiting legionaries. So more building for change to latin culture is needed.

And I have one question about area of recruitment. It is right that I could recruit in italy or cis alpina more than one type legion(for example in italy I, VII, XIII, X..)? I didn't know if it was intentional or not. I just recruited that one, where I went.
    I don't have anything to do with the culture conversion rates in DeI. That's dependent upon their buildings and such. As for recruitment, yes, that is correct. Multiple legions will be recruitable in the same area/region.

***EVERYONE***
    The next update will be considerable. I found all my old work from before including the soldier textures. I've only the lorica hamata left to do. I'll incorporate it into the variants after that's done. I believe my old standards are there too (eagles& some banners). I will also add in shield variants in each era that include the shield from the previous era as well to symbolize some legions that were already in the Marian era and lasted through to Imperial tones. I've also completed DeI style unit cards for the Caesarean and Marian eras.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

nashpik's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I don't have anything to do with the culture conversion rates in DeI. That's dependent upon their buildings and such. As for recruitment, yes, that is correct. Multiple legions will be recruitable in the same area/region.

***EVERYONE***
    The next update will be considerable. I found all my old work from before including the soldier textures. I've only the lorica hamata left to do. I'll incorporate it into the variants after that's done. I believe my old standards are there too (eagles& some banners). I will also add in shield variants in each era that include the shield from the previous era as well to symbolize some legions that were already in the Marian era and lasted through to Imperial tones. I've also completed DeI style unit cards for the Caesarean and Marian eras.

That's great news Caesar.
    Can't wait

Laetus

Honorable Caesar, I have a small question about Marian centurion helmets. Are you planning to change centurion helmets to the old version with transverse (horizontal) crest on the top or a new version of helmets is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by nashpik View Post
    That's great news Caesar.
    Can't wait
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by McAndrews View Post
    Honorable Caesar, I have a small question about Marian centurion helmets. Are you planning to change centurion helmets to the old version with transverse (horizontal) crest on the top or a new version of helmets is correct?
    I'll have to go back through the post and my old work to compare and see whats in it now. Right now i can't do anything cause AC is out at house I just moved too last weekend and landlord is hell to get to fix it. Probably gonna be moving again soon

Laetus

Caesar, thanks for not forgetting this great mod! I hope your problems with AC will fix soon)

Quote Originally Posted by McAndrews View Post
    Caesar, thanks for not forgetting this great mod! I hope your problems with AC will fix soon)
    No problem dude. I'm just glad to have such dedicated fans.

***FOR EVERYONE***
    So far the AC is back. I recently moved to a larger home. My baby brother and his pregnant fiance stay with me and they're living with me until he's financially stable enough for their own place. Because of the future nephew a bigger place was needed. I moved last weekend and the AC has been out since. I literally moved moved everything inside and then stayed somewhere else all week until the AC was fixed. I think it's finally fixed now though. I haven't been able to burn movies, watch my shows, burn my comics or work on the mod all week. No internet AND AC equals my @$$ ain't home . I'll resume work hopefully monday. Tonight I gotta fill my waterbed up; I been sleeping in my borthers because they've been in Florida all week doing baby showers and family visits but they'll be home tonight. Tomorrow I'll have to clean house and put up everything because right now it looks like a bomb was dropped dead center of my house. Monday I'll see where I was at in the mod and before continuing any further work, I'm going to do the Vanilla/Radious dB files. See, all 3 versions of my mod mostly use the same dB tables; there's only a few tables that are different in each versions like the unit stats and such. After I do the different dB tables for each versions I'm going to upload all 3 versions here and to the Steam workshop (<-- Hopefully). That way at least TWC will have up-to-date versions of all 3 mods. I've really gotta get the workshop versions uploaded too though because there is an extreme demand on there for this mod (at least there was before I removed the old versions).

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Greetings! Just wonder if this fantastic mod works? I have had some issues getting it to run. I downloaded the .pack file and then used mm to load it above all other mods. My problem is that the game crash on startup. Would be nice if someone can help me out. Have tested both radious mod and dei and none of the mods work when i try the legions mod.

Skickat från min SM-G850F via Tapatalk

Mod manager doesn't work anymore

Nilte's Avatar Civis

So how do i install and use this awesome mod sorry for asking

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Nilte, you need to use the Steam mod manager. When the Rome II splashscreen comes up you see a button labeled "mod manager". Push on that. Whatever mods you have loaded into your RII data file should appear below there. You check the ones you want and also check the box labeled "out of date mods". Then hit play. There's a glitch here tho which is that the Steam mod manager loads the mods in alphabetical order. So you have to changed the names of your mods so they load in the desired order. So let's say you have mods titled X, Y and Z which you want to load in reverse order. You rename them a_Z, b_Y and c_X. Then that's the order the Steam mod manager loads them. It's a little bit of a pain, but I've been using it now since Mitch's manager quit working and it's fine.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    Nilte, you need to use the Steam mod manager. When the Rome II splashscreen comes up you see a button labeled "mod manager". Push on that. Whatever mods you have loaded into your RII data file should appear below there. You check the ones you want and also check the box labeled "out of date mods". Then hit play. There's a glitch here tho which is that the Steam mod manager loads the mods in alphabetical order. So you have to changed the names of your mods so they load in the desired order. So let's say you have mods titled X, Y and Z which you want to load in reverse order. You rename them a_Z, b_Y and c_X. Then that's the order the Steam mod manager loads them. It's a little bit of a pain, but I've been using it now since Mitch's manager quit working and it's fine.
    Got it to work smooth and properly. Thanks for the help just got my new gpu gtx1070 and i must say the details on the units are amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Nilte View Post
    Got it to work smooth and properly. Thanks for the help just got my new gpu gtx1070 and i must say the details on the units are amazing
    I have a GTX 960 FTW. Do the new 10 series perform better?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

I have a GTX 960 FTW. Do the new 10 series perform better?

I have asus strix 1070 oc version and i have never been under 120 fps in Any game atm. All games have been maxed in graphics. The card is super fast and makes 0 sound and The temp is at 72-85 when Playing. I am not runing 4k so cant speak for it there but at 1090p is amazing

How did it do with Arkham Knight?

Nilte's Avatar Civis

How did it do with Arkham Knight?

Sorry for the late reply, havent played that. I only play tw (attila, rome) games, LoL, WoW at the moment.

Default Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Does this mod change the appearance of Legionnaires aswell? for example do the Germania legion/legions have long sleeves and pants to protect from the cold winter?

Any news about this mod?